Mel, time to tell us what is wrong

Palimpsest

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Very harsh. We have an owner that's trying to give us the best. His mistake is forgetting that a small team united and full of conviction that plays for one another is better than a huge bloated squad of the best talent available. You just end up with a group of heartless wage collectors. Hughes Bryson Thorne and Keogh are the only players that absolutely play with utter conviction. For those 4 it's not about the money. That's all you fight to keep in this squad. So Mel's Mistake is that when teams come in with big money for Hendrick and Martin and whoever, you must sell and trim.  That you spend wisely and at the right price. None really get excited by any player we've brought in with the exception of Bradley Johnson. Once he figured out he was just a little cog in a massive squad without a set position he just lost his confidence.

A player that comes to Derby now comes knowing that they probably won't play much but will get a cushy job with a nice salary, and that's motivation for some : security for them and their family. Is that really what we want? Support Mel but Mel must Sell ! He must work with NP to Build a tight knit passionate team!!!!

I don't think I've been harsh enough. He is the problem....... No other words. This is his creation......

Honesty and Integrity, people get things wrong, I get that..... Duck me I made some pretty gigantic ones in my time. Mel needs to realise to accept the things he cannot change, the courage to change the things he can, and have the wisdom to know the difference. 

Its also rather funny that Mr Gadsby has been rather quiet during Mr Morris tenure at the club. Yet was quite happy to voice concerns to local media about GSE after only a matter of months about how they ran affairs. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Morris out. He is a loser boooooooooo

Lets get the 3 amigos led by jeremy keith back and let them sell hughes martin ince 10 mins before deadline day is over. Whipeeeee i miss the 3 amigos. :blink:

Sell Ince and replace with Vydra. As I have posted elsewhere, when Ince is off it (far too much for the money we paid) it leaves Martin high and dry upfront.

Russell was dire last night but some of the posts about him on here are laughable, it's the players bought last season that are affecting this squad.

No wonder Clough had a dig about recruitment.

I do so hope Mel says nothing. I hope and suspect he will be hurting, but that he is channelling all his energy getting behind his Manager - not in front or too his side. The only person l want to hear from is Pearson, doing the job he was appointed to do as Manager.

We will not go up this season, never expected to with the squad he inherited, and I laugh in the face of those who are now suggesting we will go down.  I hope to see two or three players leave this week, and a couple of new faces in. I hope to see a similar pattern of transfer activity in January and next summer.  Slowly but surely I expect improvement on the field of play. 

God, we have some flakes in our fan base.

3 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Back to the title of the thread, he needs to stand in front of a mirror and then he'll know fundamentally what's wrong.

Like I've said on various threads, players can't be blameless, they need to do it...... But can anyone at all tell me what's been SO positive about Mels helm since he invested again 2 days before the QPR Play Off Final? 

Hate the culture of this football club at the minute. We are a right mess. Time for the guy at the top to realise this is ALL his own doing. 

Mistake after mistake is being made, I don't buy the "he's still learning"...... Poppycock, he's been around football long enough now to know ins and outs.

The problem is the coward at the top.

It does seem to me that our current 'decline' began as soon as Mel took over the club lock, stock and barrel. I don't doubt that he loves the club but it has been one disaster after another, or so it seems. In May 2014 we were a club respected for our football, our support and were a model of how a club should be run. Now, two years later we are becoming a laughing stock; we have a bloated overpaid and underachieving squad, full of players we paid over the odds for and who will never again command the fees we got them for, sitting on fat contracts no other club will offer them in a million years. They seem incapable of adapting to the new managers way of thinking and watching them last night, it is clear that a major clear out is needed before can move forward again.

Like Mafiabob says, we are in a right mess.

4 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Back to the title of the thread, he needs to stand in front of a mirror and then he'll know fundamentally what's wrong.

Like I've said on various threads, players can't be blameless, they need to do it...... But can anyone at all tell me what's been SO positive about Mels helm since he invested again 2 days before the QPR Play Off Final? 

Hate the culture of this football club at the minute. We are a right mess. Time for the guy at the top to realise this is ALL his own doing. 

Mistake after mistake is being made, I don't buy the "he's still learning"...... Poppycock, he's been around football long enough now to know ins and outs.

The problem is the coward at the top.

Andy, you know we will never agree but you are barking up the wrong tree with this.

There are so many problems that are effecting performances on the pitch before you even start looking up at the directors box, I don't even know how after last nights abysmal performance you can look beyond the 11 players on the pitch to start blaming the owner.

Once those players cross that white line, the players are responsible for putting in a performance, forget Pearson, Mel, Rush. Last night there was zero desire, effort, passion, nothing, a gutless heartless performance. Who's the real cowards here, the owner or the players?

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

I'll keep it zipped this time. Don't want to be accused of making it up again.I am not Mel's biggest fan but it isn't his or Pearson 's fault. Both want to go up immensely

So the players don't want to go up? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

It does make me laugh how players can attract the "overpaid primadonna" tag but no manager or chairman ever has...

If money corrupts, every human being involved at the club is susceptible.

Picking up on your quote only because it's the last one.

Mel really can't win can he. Last year he spent bucket loads of cash on players that really didn't fit into the jigsaw. At least with those in the winter window he categorically stated that it was because the manager had asked for them and he wanted to give him all the tools necessary. This year we haven't bought anybody. I imagine that Mel still has the same mentality. Either Pearson hasn't identified the players he wants, or we have been quoted astronomical prices (or maybe Newcastle have bought all our targets  :ph34r:). Yes I do think that Mel has made mistakes, either through nativity, bad advice or sheer bad luck. But to blame him and demand answers from him does seem rather petulant to me. When Pearson was brought in many on here, whether they agreed with his appointment or not, said "he will need time, that we probably won't see the results until September or October next year. We have to give him time to get things right. Look at what he has here and build around the already good base". Well, we haven't finished his first August yet and the pitch forks are out both for Morris and Pearson! F*** me we've given him time! Buckets full! Last night was more than poor. I've seen some inept performances over the years but last night was high up there. I had to watch via a poor wifi stream that kept freezing. On occasions I thought that it had frozen again and then realised that the Burton players were still moving. That was the worst thing about last night, the apathy of the performance. Ineptness I can take, especially temporary. Pearson alluded to a problem of work ethic and lack of willingness to give all. He can only learn about his players on the playing field. The training ground is where he can work with them but attitude and "bottlers" can only be found out in a real match environment. To me he looks as though he now knows who he wants to keep and who he wants to move on. It is probably too late in this window but hopefully Mel and the rest of the board knew all this when they appointed Pearson. Let Pearson build a team that can get out of this league. Let him make the decisions and let Mel get the cheque book out when the right player at the right price comes along. But please, let's not demand answers from the chairman after 5 league games!

Archived