Mel, time to tell us what is wrong

Palimpsest

8 hours ago, MrsRam said:

What, these players that fell out with Clough, lost the dressing room,  loved McClaren, till his head was turned by Newcastle, so they didn't like him much, so we had Clement, who they all hated, and he did something naughty, so off he went...and Wasd??, who we all heard, they din't like much....so hey, you got Pearson.......deal.

Agreed.

It might take a bit longer for it to sink in with the entitled boo-boys though. I'd say probably 3 or 4 more managers, so perhaps this time next year if they get their way.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Jayram said:

It does seem to me that our current 'decline' began as soon as Mel took over the club lock, stock and barrel. I don't doubt that he loves the club but it has been one disaster after another, or so it seems. In May 2014 we were a club respected for our football, our support and were a model of how a club should be run. Now, two years later we are becoming a laughing stock; we have a bloated overpaid and underachieving squad, full of players we paid over the odds for and who will never again command the fees we got them for, sitting on fat contracts no other club will offer them in a million years. They seem incapable of adapting to the new managers way of thinking and watching them last night, it is clear that a major clear out is needed before can move forward again.

Like Mafiabob says, we are in a right mess.

You're right. The problems did start when Mel took over. But not because Mel took over. Think back a year and look at what happened at Newcastle. They signed loads of players at high prices. They never gelled as a team and now the are having to rebuild completely. Now go back to when Mel took over the reins at Derby. There is one common denominator. Steve McClaren. An excellent coach, but a terrible judge of players!

11 minutes ago, eddie said:

Agreed.

It might take a bit longer for it to sink in with the entitled boo-boys though. I'd say probably 3 or 4 more managers, so perhaps this time next year if they get their way.

It must absolutely kill Wassall and Pearson the way some of the players have conducted themselves recently. 

Performances have been getting worse slowly since january 2015. This group of players constantly fail to handle the pressure of big games. Those games to stay top, go top, stay in the paly offs, home play off semi finals, wembley. Four managers have all seen it happen so the common denominator is the players.

I don't think mr Morris is to blame for the sides abject performances and I truly believe that Pearson has  a task on his hands with players who don't want to play for him. Ince shackell to name two. Pearson I believe is the right man to get this club promoted but not with this team. This is more or less the same team that has had 3 chances to secure promotion and choked each time. Regardless of contracts it's time to put majority on transfer list and get in players who want to play for this football club cos clearly majority of the first team don't. We need to forget about promotion and rebuild a team capable of competing in a match first and foremost and games thereafter. Cos this team aren't capable of doing it. As harsh as that sounds after last 3 years.

13 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Performances have been getting worse slowly since january 2015. This group of players constantly fail to handle the pressure of big games. Those games to stay top, go top, stay in the paly offs, home play off semi finals, wembley. Four managers have all seen it happen so the common denominator is the players.

completely agree.

1 hour ago, David said:

Andy, you know we will never agree but you are barking up the wrong tree with this.

There are so many problems that are effecting performances on the pitch before you even start looking up at the directors box, I don't even know how after last nights abysmal performance you can look beyond the 11 players on the pitch to start blaming the owner.

Once those players cross that white line, the players are responsible for putting in a performance, forget Pearson, Mel, Rush. Last night there was zero desire, effort, passion, nothing, a gutless heartless performance. Who's the real cowards here, the owner or the players?

I respect your opinion mate, totally, the players take full responsibility of what's happening on the pitch. I'm far more concerned what I think the problem is behind the scenes.

From what I see and heard of Mel, I see myself c2004/07...... That's why I've been strong in what I think of him.....

Maybe I'm wrong and maybe your right I am barking up the wrong tree. 

Just saying how I feel from another point of view of seeing things. I feel he's dishonest.

In no way I've called for his head. You know me I'm always happy to admit I'm in the wrong. 

12 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Utterly abject. Was that a nightmare? Please tell me it was. Johnny Russell has just given one of the worst professional performances I've ever seen - worse than Bisgaard. There is clearly something devastatingly wrong in the dressing room. I would not be surprised if Pearson resigned and left us to it. After that, we have a right to know what on earth is going on at the club for a group of players to play so far below their potential and with such little teamwork. The fans were silent tonight, so your Mostyn apologists can't blame that. I've never seen such a lack of desire and passion from a Derby team. We need to take any money we can get for any of these players, rebuild, and hope Pearson sticks with us and doesn't just see his contract out. Are the players terrified of Pearson? Is he tactically inept? Have the players spat their dummy out over something? Bloated squad main cause of toxic dressing room? Sort it out. 

so true NP body language on the side of the pitch dose not inspire me net alone the players

Just now, David said:

Not sure I follow?

Height of my addiction, I was as dishonest as I could get, what I'm trying to say is and I know you won't agree..... I can see someone being dishonest. 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Anyone blaming Pearson or Mel don't know the full story about what is going behind the scenes. 

You said this yesterday as well. If you know something and can back it up with names and evidence then do so. If not then stop mentioning it!

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Height of my addiction, I was as dishonest as I could get, what I'm trying to say is and I know you won't agree..... I can see someone being dishonest. 

How has he been dishonest, the Clement sacking?

1 hour ago, Perspectiveramfan said:

I don't think mr Morris is to blame for the sides abject performances and I truly believe that Pearson has  a task on his hands with players who don't want to play for him. Ince shackell to name two. Pearson I believe is the right man to get this club promoted but not with this team. This is more or less the same team that has had 3 chances to secure promotion and choked each time. Regardless of contracts it's time to put majority on transfer list and get in players who want to play for this football club cos clearly majority of the first team don't. We need to forget about promotion and rebuild a team capable of competing in a match first and foremost and games thereafter. Cos this team aren't capable of doing it. As harsh as that sounds after last 3 years.

Shackell only deserves to take the blame for one promotion "bottle job"....quite a few have "bottled" it three times now.

3 minutes ago, David said:

How has he been dishonest, the Clement sacking?

Just the way I see him in general..... As you say though, I could be barking up the wrong tree. 

Archived