Mel, time to tell us what is wrong

Palimpsest

Utterly abject. Was that a nightmare? Please tell me it was. Johnny Russell has just given one of the worst professional performances I've ever seen - worse than Bisgaard. There is clearly something devastatingly wrong in the dressing room. I would not be surprised if Pearson resigned and left us to it. After that, we have a right to know what on earth is going on at the club for a group of players to play so far below their potential and with such little teamwork. The fans were silent tonight, so your Mostyn apologists can't blame that. I've never seen such a lack of desire and passion from a Derby team. We need to take any money we can get for any of these players, rebuild, and hope Pearson sticks with us and doesn't just see his contract out. Are the players terrified of Pearson? Is he tactically inept? Have the players spat their dummy out over something? Bloated squad main cause of toxic dressing room? Sort it out. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing looks right on the pitch, very little communication between players ,sloppy negative pass work ,offensively woeful,tactically inept,very little determinaton and a distinct lack of team spirit.The team looks broken and tweeking with an odd player here or their aint going to fix it.

Players going through the motions probably thinking their arses are safer than the managers if current history is to go by

Time to have a ruthless clear out, give Np the green light to work with players thatt want to come to the club and work with him,rather than players presently on soft contracts .

1 hour ago, BarrowRam said:

Maybe the players are trying to force Pearson out. Liverpool  did it to roy Hodgson and man utd did it to moyes .

If that's the case then every single one of those players should never wear the shirt again.

No one should be shocked by anything these players would do to get rid of manager/head coach. These are the same players that got clement the push, and then spent the following day laughung and joking. I called them "rats" back then, and now i regret it... because rats woukd be hurt by likening them ti those lot that wear our shirt,

We have a serious case of egotistical player power, probably far worse than we can imagine.

What, these players that fell out with Clough, lost the dressing room,  loved McClaren, till his head was turned by Newcastle, so they didn't like him much, so we had Clement, who they all hated, and he did something naughty, so off he went...and Wasd??, who we all heard, they din't like much....so hey, you got Pearson.......deal.

Don't buy it. There'll only be one winner here if that's the case.

I'm behind Pearson, the players need to man up, although there's some of them that just don't have the minerals.

49 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

No one should be shocked by anything these players would do to get rid of manager/head coach. These are the same players that got clement the push, and then spent the following day laughung and joking. I called them "rats" back then, and now i regret it... because rats woukd be hurt by likening them ti those lot that wear our shirt,

We have a serious case of egotistical player power, probably far worse than we can imagine.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back to the title of the thread, he needs to stand in front of a mirror and then he'll know fundamentally what's wrong.

Like I've said on various threads, players can't be blameless, they need to do it...... But can anyone at all tell me what's been SO positive about Mels helm since he invested again 2 days before the QPR Play Off Final? 

Hate the culture of this football club at the minute. We are a right mess. Time for the guy at the top to realise this is ALL his own doing. 

Mistake after mistake is being made, I don't buy the "he's still learning"...... Poppycock, he's been around football long enough now to know ins and outs.

The problem is the coward at the top.

Yes the players earn a lot of money, all football players at that level do.

Yes Mel has spent money, all the top teams do.

Yes we've rotated managers recently, most of the top teams do.

Yes we're trying new systems, most teams adopt the manager's preferred style

But to come back to the title of the post, something does seem to be wrong somewhere. The players we have are not bad players. We've seen them play well and not too long ago. But this season the performances have been very poor. Players look like they are not sure what to do, confidence is low and even the basics are looking difficult, passing, control etc.

Everyone is a target right now, players, manager, system, chairman etc. The Forum can't see to agree on what's to blame yet there are bus loads of people who are pretty certain that players are lazy/overpaid/organising a coup, the manager is a hammer and his players screws, the Chairman deserves criticism for his investment and buying other team's PoTYs is bad business. Whatever is going on, I can't imagine anyone at the club is enjoying the situation right now. 

Our best players look poor, our manager looks inept and our Chairman embarrassed. The only positive available to us might be to support the club and people involved whilst they work it out? That's my plan anyway.

You are my Derby, My only Derby. 

3 failures in promotion was mentioned as a mental block in the players, no too sure if this is the possible cause.

But the way the players performed last night was possibly the poorest I have seen as a group.

Said to the Mrs afterwards, that they reminded me of the Chelsea team for last year.

Player power, lack of motivation, players in the comfort zone?

A clear out is required, rebuild a team around Will Hughes..........

We as fans need to calm down a bit , take a step back and trust the club.  It's probably only going to get worse before it gets better ! We have no God given right to be promoted or even be in the top 6 . We've made a decision to appoint NP , let's just let him have time and build a squad his way . 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Back to the title of the thread, he needs to stand in front of a mirror and then he'll know fundamentally what's wrong.

Like I've said on various threads, players can't be blameless, they need to do it...... But can anyone at all tell me what's been SO positive about Mels helm since he invested again 2 days before the QPR Play Off Final? 

Hate the culture of this football club at the minute. We are a right mess. Time for the guy at the top to realise this is ALL his own doing. 

Mistake after mistake is being made, I don't buy the "he's still learning"...... Poppycock, he's been around football long enough now to know ins and outs.

The problem is the coward at the top.

Very harsh. We have an owner that's trying to give us the best. His mistake is forgetting that a small team united and full of conviction that plays for one another is better than a huge bloated squad of the best talent available. You just end up with a group of heartless wage collectors. Hughes Bryson Thorne and Keogh are the only players that absolutely play with utter conviction. For those 4 it's not about the money. That's all you fight to keep in this squad. So Mel's Mistake is that when teams come in with big money for Hendrick and Martin and whoever, you must sell and trim.  That you spend wisely and at the right price. None really get excited by any player we've brought in with the exception of Bradley Johnson. Once he figured out he was just a little cog in a massive squad without a set position he just lost his confidence.

A player that comes to Derby now comes knowing that they probably won't play much but will get a cushy job with a nice salary, and that's motivation for some : security for them and their family. Is that really what we want? Support Mel but Mel must Sell ! He must work with NP to Build a tight knit passionate team!!!!

Pearson is playing his 3 centre mids completely wrong. Where we have played 1 sitting dictating play with the other 2 further forward in the past with licence to get on ball and attack further forward, which pushes the wingers up and around the PIVOT CM, he has set them up completely wrong totally and utterly wrong. We play with 2 players virtually sat in the dictating play role in front of the back 4, leaves the 3rd midfielder in no mans land on his tod chasing around after 2 or 3 of the opposition players, leaving the wingers isolated hanging on scraps lumped forward and poor old chris martin a million miles away from any other derby player.

The 3 centre mids are completely set up wrong and destroy our team and style of play. He needs to set them up as described above and mark my words this team will wake up. Gobsmacked the people that have been at the club havent bought this to his attention the likes of wassall.

He is not wrong about Russell. Utterly terrible.

I think he has had about 3 or 4 decent games in a Derby shirt, yet he is still hanging around the club like a bad smell. He is no better than Jamie Ward. 

Ship all of these school of 13/14 bottlejobs out. 

Archived