Mel, time to tell us what is wrong

Palimpsest

10 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Every club has that though, we are not unique in that respect. We are not the only club in England that boos the team off if they've played ****, nor are we the only club that gets nervous and edgy in a tight game, it happens at every singloe club alll over the country. 

So my question is, if other teams can handle the pressure and the idiots shouting rubbish and get on with their job, why cant ours? 

The best fans in our division for getting behind their side over the last few years despite horrible form and irrespective of how they are performing on the day have been the supporters of Leeds United.

(shudder)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

A player that comes to Derby now comes knowing that they probably won't play much but will get a cushy job with a nice salary, and that's motivation for some : security for them and their family

You can't blame them on that part, of course their going to be thinking about their families, and esp one's with kids, it sets them up for life and they sit on their a*** 80% of the time. Butterfield for exp has just got married? so likely to be having kids pretty soon, and he's the perfect example of this

Can't blame him in the slightest for the money, we'd all do the same in our jobs and anyone who denies that is a liar lol.

But when does mel realise we need to ship out before signing ANYONE, we simply can't keep signing players. its obvious when you think about it what's wrong, too many players ffs, and esp in the midfield area, but instead of supporting the best man to sort it out, like he's done at Hull and Leicester (look where those two clubs are now, finacially stable and in the prem), our fans are wanting him gone and blaming him for the mess we've got ourselves into... it wasn't him who signed all these players ffs.

Give him time, we might struggle early on, we might be bottom half this season, but given time I'm confident he will sort us out, not just on the field but off the field as well.. right this second we're mocking Burnley for their shrewdness.... wouldn't we want to be run like that?.. a proper run club that lives within its means.

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

The best fans in our division for getting behind their side over the last few years despite horrible form and irrespective of how they are performing on the day have been the supporters of Leeds United.

(shudder)

I know you're probably right Eddie but you need to wash your potty mouth out.

I feel dirty just reading it....

12 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I know you're probably right Eddie but you need to wash your potty mouth out.

I feel dirty just reading it....

Me too.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Mafia, I think my online friend you need to have a 24 hour break.

We agree a lot re. Mel Morris, and I am far from a cheerleader. Your opinion is as valid as anyone's on here, and for what worth I put more weight on your comments than most, but as much as I do think he has made a good many mistakes, to be hitting MM with a stick today as further consequence of last night's abject performance is IMO to miss the point.

Further time will tell whether MM is good for this club. I am still prepared to give him time. There are however some players at the club who have had sufficient chances, and frankly are not good enough. I hope to see a couple of them go this week.

l am looking forward the run up to Deadline day. Could be quite exciting. Could be quite amusing too as l read on here some of our fans bemoan the loss of one of their favourites.

Keep smiling Buddy.

Thanks for the kind words, just pure frustration..... I don't tend to cut up about football, unless it's my kids playing

1 hour ago, DCFCArmy said:

You can't blame them on that part, of course their going to be thinking about their families, and esp one's with kids, it sets them up for life and they sit on their a*** 80% of the time. Butterfield for exp has just got married? so likely to be having kids pretty soon, and he's the perfect example of this

Can't blame him in the slightest for the money, we'd all do the same in our jobs and anyone who denies that is a liar lol.

But when does mel realise we need to ship out before signing ANYONE, we simply can't keep signing players. its obvious when you think about it what's wrong, too many players ffs, and esp in the midfield area, but instead of supporting the best man to sort it out, like he's done at Hull and Leicester (look where those two clubs are now, finacially stable and in the prem), our fans are wanting him gone and blaming him for the mess we've got ourselves into... it wasn't him who signed all these players ffs.

Give him time, we might struggle early on, we might be bottom half this season, but given time I'm confident he will sort us out, not just on the field but off the field as well.. right this second we're mocking Burnley for their shrewdness.... wouldn't we want to be run like that?.. a proper run club that lives within its means.

That wasn't me who said that 

2 hours ago, davenportram said:

Do you mean says what he wants people to hear, puts up a mask so to speak.

In a way yes, but I do think there's been a couple of untruths told regarding Clements departure and why Wassall had Redknapp come in.....

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

In a way yes, but I do think there's been a couple of untruths told regarding Clements departure and why Wassall had Redknapp come in.....

I think tne redknapp thing was to placate players, if redknapp supported Wassalls ideas then the players would take them seriously.

Been on this forum since the Nigel Clough era (DET before that) and I swear it's getting more and more like Groundhog Day.

It's always the same. Every time we have a run of bad games a digital lynch mob is formed. SOMEONE has to take the blame - manager / players / owner / groundsman / fans / rammie.

I remember end of last season when everyone was losing their nuts over Wassall. We wanted a change. We got it. And now 5 minutes later some want a change again. It's mental - like we (as a fan base) have collective bi-polar or something.

Heck turn back the clock a few years and GSE were public enemy no.1. Now we've finally got a local owner with £££ to back us and a few already want to chase him out of town.

I don't get it. Yesterday sucked. But let's be objective. It's early days. We're still in the championship. DCFC isn't going to implode because Pearson's had a bad start. There's a bigger picture so maybe, just maybe keep the faith and get a grip.

Archived