Who is to blame - players or manager?

Sparkle

Let's blame......  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I can't believe how much people are defending NP here. He should have knoown about our shortcomings and should have been ruthless from the beginning in terms of moving players on and getting players in who fits his style of play.

We've wasted an entire pre-season working on something doomed to fail. Now it's panic stations.

How would it have looked if Pearson had walked in and said "you know what Chris, Tom and Johnny" I've watched you a few times and have decided you can't play in my system off you go? I'm sure all the Derby fans would have supported that decision.....

A new manager needs to see who can fit the style HE thinks can win us promotion, a feat he has achieved before. Yes we don't have a lot of time left before the transfer deadline and no it isn't ideal but Pearson needed to see everyone play first before deciding who fits the bill. Friendlys can only tell you so much and seasons aren't decided after 5 games! 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Not proper footballers because they're hindered due to system and style? Did you see where Hughes was playing tonight? Why would you play him there? Why not playing at LB? It would have been just as pointless...

The Burnley squad that won the Championship had been playing 442 under Dyche for the past few years. They all knew their roles, and Dyche bought in players who could fit his system.

It was really that simple... I bet if Burnley tried to play a possession-based 433 they'd struggle, big time. They play what they're good at. Derby under NP haven't played what we're good at.

Likewise Boro. Played the 4231 system for a few years and have the right players to do so.

It's not about becoming comfortable in their McClaren esq 433. it's about playing players in their correct position and using a style of play whi9ch enhances their game.

We are nt doing that. Not in the slightest. No matter how much effort or desire we put in, we will continue to look disjointed and lacking in creativity because half our team is out of position.

I can't believe how much people are defending NP here. He should have knoown about our shortcomings and should have been ruthless from the beginning in terms of moving players on and getting players in who fits his style of play.

We've wasted an entire pre-season working on something doomed to fail. Now it's panic stations.

Of course I wouldn't play Hughes there. But who else have we got? I'd say he's the best option with our injuries.. That's not Pearson's fault now is it? 

Burnley were promoted in their first full season under Dyche. I'd hardly call that playing for years, they just had the sorts who put their bodies on the line for the cause. They only added and grown since then. 

No team has played the same formation over the last 10 years. Football changes. Ideas change. It'd be a bit boring if it didn't. 

Leicester fans said Pearson would start slow. He has to get his ideas across. But that we'd reap the rewards if we stick with him. I doubt Sven had Leicester playing a rigid 442 just before Pearson took over. They're now premier league champions. 

Fact is that 433 and this style of play you talk about has failed 3 years in a row. If we were that good at it, we'd have been promoted. So hey, let's try something new, from someone who has proven he can do it. 

Pearson hasn't got a magic wand, he can't click his fingers and we're fantastic. Its a transition period, but it's for the better. 

5 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Of course I wouldn't play Hughes there. But who else have we got? I'd say he's the best option with our injuries.. That's not Pearson's fault now is it? 

Burnley were promoted in their first full season under Dyche. I'd hardly call that playing for years, they just had the sorts who put their bodies on the line for the cause. They only added and grown since then. 

No team has played the same formation over the last 10 years. Football changes. Ideas change. It'd be a bit boring if it didn't. 

Leicester fans said Pearson would start slow. He has to get his ideas across. But that we'd reap the rewards if we stick with him. I doubt Sven had Leicester playing a rigid 442 just before Pearson took over. They're now premier league champions. 

Fact is that 433 and this style of play you talk about has failed 3 years in a row. If we were that good at it, we'd have been promoted. So hey, let's try something new, from someone who has proven he can do it. 

Pearson hasn't got a magic wand, he can't click his fingers and we're fantastic. Its a transition period, but it's for the better. 

Burnley had been set up playing 442 since their promotion from Owen Coyle. Did you know Eddie Howe went there, and their fans complained as a result? Do you know why? Because he tried to implement his style on the team which clearly didn't work due to the players at his disposal... 

Pearson has plenty of other options. Instead, he chose to play 442 with both Bryson and Hughes playing only 10 yards in-front of the back four. He has organised the team to play like this. Both players didn't just decide to drop so deep on their own. They're instructed to play that way.

Leicester's team under Sven was a bit of a mess, yet he still had players capable of playing 442. He had box-to-box midfielders in Oakley, Drinkwater, King and Wellens, genuine wide players in Lloyd Dyer and Ben Marshall and quick players uptop in Nugent, Waghorn, Beckford and even Vassell. He even had Howard and Kermorgant for target men.

People make out Pearson took over some sort of clusterfack at Leicester. He took over a squad built for 442. Derby do not have a squad built for 442. No wingers, no mobile strikers looking to run channels..

You're right, we're in transition. After finishing 5th in the tablem that's exactly what we needed! Transfeckingition!

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Burnley had been set up playing 442 since their promotion from Owen Coyle. Did you know Eddie Howe went there, and their fans complained as a result? Do you know why? Because he tried to implement his style on the team which clearly didn't work due to the players at his disposal... 

Pearson has plenty of other options. Instead, he chose to play 442 with both Bryson and Hughes playing only 10 yards in-front of the back four. He has organised the team to play like this. Both players didn't just decide to drop so deep on their own. They're instructed to play that way.

Leicester's team under Sven was a bit of a mess, yet he still had players capable of playing 442. He had box-to-box midfielders in Oakley, Drinkwater, King and Wellens, genuine wide players in Lloyd Dyer and Ben Marshall and quick players uptop in Nugent, Waghorn, Beckford and even Vassell. He even had Howard and Kermorgant for target men.

People make out Pearson took over some sort of clusterfack at Leicester. He took over a squad built for 442. Derby do not have a squad built for 442. No wingers, no mobile strikers looking to run channels..

You're right, we're in transition. After finishing 5th in the tablem that's exactly what we needed! Transfeckingition!

I've just showed your post to a Burnley supporting friend and a ST holder of 42 years and he disagrees with what you've said completely. They may have played 442 under Coyle but it was completely different to the style they play under Dyche. Very much possession based. And says that Brian Laws played a 433 for large chunks of his spell. But enough about Burnley... 

Plenty of options? Like what? Regardless of system, Hughes is the best option to sit deep. Not saying it's his best role, but he's the best we've got currently to play it. McClaren, Wassall and Clement agreed when Thorne wasn't fit and obviously there was no J.E. 

Leicester were in a VERY similar situation to us. A big squad, big names, big egos. He sorted it out. You say the players were set up to fit the formation. Were they? Or did he make it work? Vardy, Wood, Knockaert, Mahrez and James were all Pearson signings, and certainly all made an impact on the promotion trail. So I wouldn't say he was gifted the players for the formation. He built the squad. With a Vydra/Hogan/Wells ect signing we have those 2 "quick forwards", we have Martin as a target man, Bryson and Hendrick are certainly in the box to box midfielder variety. As for out and out wingers, I agree we are short. Camara looks promising, and Ince will definitely come good this season, but I feel one will be coming in before Wednesday evening. Mcnamaman? 

It's not just last season. We've collapsed 2 years in a row playing 433? Why? You tell me... I think it's a pretty easy formation to set up against. Ask Uwe Rosler. When it works, it bloody works, but tell me the last team to go up playing it? I personally think it's time for something fresh. So does Mel and Sam. That's why Pearson was drafted in. Will it be the correct decision? We shall see. 

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Players for definite.

pearson tactics don't stop players passing the ball 5 yards to feet.

why is Russell running 20 yards across the pitch to then pass it 5 yards to the payer he's just closed all the space down for. Pass at 15 yards and move off creating space for him.

pearson doesn't stop the players getting their head up and seeing if there's actually someone to pass to up front. They just punted it blindly to anywhere but where the forward was.

everytime someone passed to Olson it was behind him on his weak foot. Do they even know he's left footed?!

carlisle showed us how to pass out quickly from the back, 1 and 2 touch football. We have to take 10 touches trying to take three players on in the process (will). Just play it wide to the player in space.

sky commentator got it spot on when he said when the players cross the white line they beed to take responsibility. 

So players, take bloody responsibility and sort yourselves out or pay off your contract and **** off so we can get someone in that gives a toss.

It's not just too Olsson, they seem to continuously pass the ball behind each other which kills any forward momentum, it's so frustrating to watch.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Keogh 7- Only player who looks like he cares. Didnt put a foot wrong.

Are we talking about the Burton game on Friday 26th August 2016? You were obviously watching a different game to the rest of the world, or didn't realise Keogh was the one in the White shirt, not yellow. 

Keogh had a horrific game, his passing was shocking, including slamming a ball at Ince from 10 feet which was uncontrollable, passing at least 2 or 3 straight through to the Burton keeper, also a shocking pass to Bryson which earned Bryson a booking, not to mention twice jumping under the ball for a goal and the Harness chance, also his sliding tackle in which OGrady rode the challenge and put us in trouble.

I'm not saying Keogh was our worst, but he had a shocker.

43 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

It's not just last season. We've collapsed 2 years in a row playing 433? Why? You tell me... I think it's a pretty easy formation to set up against. Ask Uwe Rosler. When it works, it bloody works, but tell me the last team to go up playing it? I personally think it's time for something fresh. So does Mel and Sam. That's why Pearson was drafted in. Will it be the correct decision? We shall see. 

If 4-3-3 was so easy to play against, why was our lowest points tally in three years 77 points? Why did we not get relegated if all teams had to do was copy Uwe Rosler's tactics. He got lucky at Leeds, but with Wigan they beat us fairly... 

Why is it time for a change? Why have people dismissed the idea that it was impossible to improve the 433 with a few tweaks, a few extra quality players in key areas?

Southampton played 433, or a variation of it. Why can't we reach their level? To bridge the gap we need better players in every position, not a complete system change and different style of football.

8 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Mel Morris, the disease on this club..... 

We can talk about tactics, players playing poor etc

The main reason is Mel.... the culture of this club has gone backwards in 12 months. We've become an arrogant, prima donna rich club to fill an ego of a chairman who lies, manipulates and is a coward.

Feel free to delete if you want Mods. If I've gone to far on here I apologise, if Mel has a problem with what I have written feel free to give him my name. 

Regards The Mafia

Great post and sums it up perfectly for me.??????

This forum is beginning to sound like Ed Dawes.

'It's not fair cos we're losing.'

Sure it's frustrating, disappointing and it makes me angry. However, the next game is another day.

We have a big coaching team and an ambitious owner. Expectation was high but the performances are woeful.

Courage, mes braves. It will change!

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

The Derby away fans usually know when something is wrong. They're starting to see the players for what they are. Interesting that after the match they gave their full support to Pearson but not the players. Says it all

You're such a hypocrite, it really gets on my nerves.

Archived