Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

Woahhhhh didnt see this coming but it excites. 8.5m is alot but everyone thought burnley paid over the odds for gray when he joined. Please doomongers stop with this surely someone has to go nonsense. Vydra to play off martin, ince and another on the wings.... with 2 central players... that will be what pearson will do imo. No massive departures unless burnley come back for hendrick

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kingsy1884 said:

It will be considered a 'Bargain' by the time the next summer window is round though.

I hope Pearson has done his homework, I cant really comment because I have never seen him play but his record isn't great, he might be a good link up player for Martin.

Is this going to be another 100 page thread, which starts off exciting, degenerates into lengthy speculation and puns, before turning to laments about how either Newcastle/Villa have signed him or we never had a bid in in the first place (or he ends up signing a new contract for Watford)? Hope not.

I couldn't pick this bloke out of a line-up but we need a few fresh faces around the place just to liven things up a bit. Wilson was a good start IMHO but another few would be nice.  FWIW I actually think the present squad is probably good enough, but that doesn't stop you trying to improve it where you can or adding a few complementary elements to what you've already got.  I also like signings. They're exciting... 

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Spent a year at Trawsfynydd. I l i ke north wales. 

I was amused that a young lady from Flint won a martial arts medal at the Olympics too. 

yes trawsfynydd is a nice area but i live by snowdon  

3 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

I hope Pearson has done his homework, I cant really comment because I have never seen him play but his record isn't great, he might be a good link up player for Martin.

His record is good at this level he has made 117 apps and scored 41 goals that less than 3 game per goal. If you look at his Watford stats alone where he was used as a striker in a 442 it is just over a goal every 2 games. And at the end of the day he is 24 and can still improve.

From what my Watford mate has told me he has plenty of pace, and technically he is not bad either.

5 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Is this going to be another 100 page thread, which starts off exciting, degenerates into lengthy speculation and puns, before turning to laments about how either Newcastle/Villa have signed him or we never had a bid in in the first place (or he ends up signing a new contract for Watford)? Hope not.

I couldn't pick this bloke out of a line-up but we need a few fresh faces around the place just to liven things up a bit. Wilson was a good start IMHO but another few would be nice.  FWIW I actually think the present squad is probably good enough, but that doesn't stop you trying to improve it where you can or adding a few complementary elements to what you've already got.  I also like signings. They're exciting... 

Degenerates into puns?

You mean 'evolves into puns' - a pundemic of them.

1 minute ago, kingsy1884 said:

His record is good at this level he has made 117 apps and scored 41 goals that less than 3 game per goal. If you look at his Watford stats alone where he was used as a striker in a 442 it is just over a goal every 2 games. And at the end of the day he is 24 and can still improve.

From what my Watford mate has told me he has plenty of pace, and technically he is not bad either.

just hope he is what we need :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Pretty much what I was going to say, last year at Reading has let his stats at this level down a bit, I didn't follow Reading closely enough to say why it went so wrong their. To me he is a 15-20 goal a season striker at this level.

Archived