The whining about Pearson thread

cheron85

There is some shiite being written on here and from people, so called fans that probably have no experience of coaching at this level let alone playing at it, yet seem to know best.

Absolutely shocking!

That video game has a lot to answer for.......

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, toddy said:

There is some shiite being written on here and from people, so called fans that probably have no experience of coaching at this level let alone playing at it, yet seem to know best.

Absolutely shocking!

Sometimes, @toddy, "boo" just isn't enough for some. Luckily, Fred Macauley has the answer...

8 hours ago, toddy said:

Absolutely shocking!

Have you played or coached at this level? So how can you give your opinion. You has plenty to say about Wassall. It must have been all wrong though if you've  not coached or played at this level. Different story when it was Wassall eh?

How can you call Paul Jewell a poor manager then? 

How can any of us have an opinion on anything about professional football?

Should we close the forum? 

Also is football such an exact science that after years and years of watching the game you can't tell the difference between what's good and what's bad? You know what's stupid? People second guessing players ability to lead, their application and attitude. Because you don't have a clue what goes on day to day. 

But you don't need to be a former England international to see something is not working. Hence Jose Mourinho never played at the levels he's managed at. 

Do I know more about management than Nigel Pearson? Nope. But I can see when it's not working. 

If I came to plaster your living room and it ended up looking ***** would you need to be a plasterer to tell me it's *****? 

It's one thing seeing and it's another doing. So let's get it straight. You can't tell anyone they know nothing about football because they haven't coached at such and such a level.

I'd agree that it's far easier to see than to do. I've tried it. It's very hard to explain to real human beings exactly what needs to happen. 

But you don't have to have played the game at all to know what's what. 

So if you wanna insult people's intelligence because they have a different opinion to you then maybe we need to get ourselves a little time machine to go back to when the 3 amigos were in charge and ask folks what they know about running multi million pound businesses. Maybe we should go back to the Paul Jewell era when people were saying Claude Davis was crap. How would they know? Have they ever played CB in the top tiers? 

If we know feck all to criticise then we know feck all to praise too.

It's not just when it suits your argument to start asking what level people have worked up to. 

I just wanna contribute my moan into the Nigel Pearson confession box.

I never felt this uninspired under Nigel Clough. Nigel Pearson seems to be the least flexible of managers I've ever seen and so ridiculously stubborn he's unwilling to mould with the team he's now managing. It's the return of Billy Davies in arrogant PE teacher form. He had to get a job somehow.

Its like he's trying desperately hard to fit that expensive leg of lamb into the freezer but can't quite close the drawer.

He seems to think about what he's saying too much. Spit it out mate. 

No wonder the fans are booing at half time, they know they've been conned. Sold a static toy instead of the mr stretch they were promised. 

9 hours ago, toddy said:

Absolutely shocking!

funny how you spouted plenty of tripe about Wassall though

Alpha and Mostyn6

The past is the past as far as previous managers goes -  all the matters now is getting behind the club.

We have brought in not just a successful manager, but a manager that has won the championship in the past, he has experience of what is required to get out of this league, he is here to do a job, your whining and whinging after a couple of games is based on what?

Your experience at Managing at this level?

You know more on the game than NP?

You only see what has happens in 90 minutes , you have know idea what goes on in the dressing room, on the training pitch.

I for one cannot say what NP should or should not do, he has far more experienced than I at this level, who are you to criticize him?

Are you part of the booing culture we have at the iPro? 

17 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

But that's exactly the point.  We spent those 10 years building up to that season (or at least the 5 under Clough anyway).  It wasn't a fluke, there was a clear mindset to build the club from the ground up to play in that style of football and almost everything is still in place from that rebuild.  And now we're basically being told that we've got to have another rebuild because... erm, something something Leicester and Burnley something something.  We're actively deciding that instead of carrying on with that exciting football, we're going to be rubbish.

Perhaps what we are really seeing is Pearson still assessing these players in competitive games. A lot of praise in the press was given by Pearson to players like Bent and Blackman, players who hadn't done the business yet for Derby. Yet a few competitive games in, neither now can be regarded as first choice. My understanding is Pearson is trying to manage and be positive with the squad he has, yes he is trying a formation that I don't think best suits these players but they have to take some responsibility for their own turgid performances.

All this talk of Swansea and Southampton, do they still play the same way and in the same formation as they did when they got promoted? The grand plan for this club was scuppered by the back end of McClaren's second season and Clement overloading the squad. Of course I would love to see us back to that so near promotion attractive best but we can't live in the past. Change has happened (we wait to see how much) but all that rebuilding has led to us having a stronger academy, a path to the first team which Pearson seems to believe in. As a club we are fantastically placed.

I guess if you look at the performances of the first team in these first few games then yes, we have little to show for all that rebuilding, but if you look at the club as a whole, the most important part, then I see the true results of that rebuild.

18 minutes ago, toddy said:

Alpha and Mostyn6

The past is the past as far as previous managers goes -  all the matters now is getting behind the club.

We have brought in not just a successful manager, but a manager that has won the championship in the past, he has experience of what is required to get out of this league, he is here to do a job, your whining and whinging after a couple of games is based on what?

You only see what has happens in 90 minutes , you have know idea what goes on in the dressing room, on the training pitch.

I for one cannot say what NP should or should not do, he has far more experienced than I at this level, who are you to criticize him?

I just have to laugh at that, as that some what justifies criticism of any previous manager. I suppose you believe that them not being here as manager makes you correct? So when Pearson leaves, whether that is in 6 weeks, months, years, whatever, we can look back and say all of us that had some concerns doesn't matter as he isn't here, anyway guess we were right?

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

I just have to laugh at that, as that some what justifies criticism of any previous manager. I suppose you believe that them not being here as manager makes you correct? So when Pearson leaves, whether that is in 6 weeks, months, years, whatever, we can look back and say all of us that had some concerns doesn't matter as he isn't here, anyway guess we were right?

Depends what we win lol. 

What have  we won recently the pretty football award or the football heartbreak award. 

16 minutes ago, curtains said:

Depends what we win lol. 

What we won recently the pretty football award or the football heartbreak award. 

Well it won't matter as it will be in the past and all that matters is getting behind the club for the season that will be current, unless it is a manager that we don't like.

39 minutes ago, curtains said:

Do yo like Pearson then ! 

Doesn't matter whether or not I like him, all I care about is what is best for the club, if he starts to show that he is best for the club then I will be happy but if we continue in this, not really playing to the players strengths, regardless if we think they are up to the job or not, and struggling and not really looking like we have a plan, then I will be disappointed and not happy.

I am slightly more happy than I was 3-4 weeks ago with the way the line ups have been altered to reflect what we have, but there is still something missing, maybe that is Wilson, or a player we are yet to bring in, or the return of Thorne, I do not know but something isn't right, something is amiss at the moment.

27 minutes ago, rynny said:

Doesn't matter whether or not I like him, all I care about is what is best for the club, if he starts to show that he is best for the club then I will be happy but if we continue in this, not really playing to the players strengths, regardless if we think they are up to the job or not, and struggling and not really looking like we have a plan, then I will be disappointed and not happy.

I am slightly more happy than I was 3-4 weeks ago with the way the line ups have been altered to reflect what we have, but there is still something missing, maybe that is Wilson, or a player we are yet to bring in, or the return of Thorne, I do not know but something isn't right, something is amiss at the moment.

Honest answer. 

From my point of view I'm happy with Pearson although I can see why some fans have reservations but I think they are unfounded.

Pearson is his own man and will manage his way which is totally ok with me because I got sick of the other way although I backed Clement which is a contradiction but I don't make the rules  

I also don't see why he can't make changes to the team to achieve the success we all crave that a club like Leicester have achieved  .

Basically some people just don't like change and are happy with Championship mediocrity .

PS I did warn pre season that it wouldn't be easy without personnel changes on the playing side but some players have stepped up to the mark which is pleasing .

I still think the problem lies in attack but others don't . 

I was very happy with the second half against Carlise  

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Alpha and Mostyn6

:huh:

So what you're essentially saying is that you can't have an opinion on anything unless you're experienced enough to make judgement? My dinner tastes ***** but the chef has more experience at cooking food than me so it must be nice. 

Jewell was about as successful at the time as Pearson is now - did you criticise him?

1 hour ago, cannable said:

:huh:

So what you're essentially saying is that you can't have an opinion on anything unless you're experienced enough to make judgement? My dinner tastes ***** but the chef has more experience at cooking food than me so it must be nice

Jewell was about as successful at the time as Pearson is now - did you criticise him?

If you want analogies, you may not like your dinner, but you wouldn't tell the chef how to make it.............unless you are a chief yourself........not liking what you see is not the same as telling the expert what he should be doing........

The problem is we have top many armchair football experts with little or no experience ... ''he should do this''... ''he should do that.''............Whine, Whine, Whine.........

I did hear NP speaking the other day and it went something like , ''I keep hearing fans saying this formation and this system''.....

Then a cheeky smile appeared across his face...... with the sort of look of .......they really have no idea.............

FFS we have only played a couple of games.....

Lets leave it to the experts that really matter, Pearson, Powell and Idiakez and start supporting the management team and the club.

The big difference between here and a pub, aside from the booze, is that our opinions are etched permanently on pages of madness. People also are more stubborn and some willing to cling to their opinion even to the detriment of the club just so they are right. No one puts great weight on footballing pub chats, so why should we here? No point in saying anything if we have to be experts.

It's funny how different it was when Wassall was in charge. But you want to just put that in the past yeah? Get behind the team. Like you didn't when we were fighting for our play off place.

And of course should we win the league then we can't praise the football because we've never coached at this level. We can't say what a good player Hughes is. Never coached at this level.

Just what level do you have to have coached at to have an opinion?

I'm confused because we've seen what these players look like when they work. And we've seen what they look like when they don't. So can we not learn owt from that.

I know a few folks on here went to games in the 70's and 80's. So after 45 years of watching football they still know nothing?

Like most stuff, the skill is in the doing not the knowing. I could know how to drive an F1 car by watching videos and reading books. So I could see if Lewis Hamilton's gear changes were late. Does it mean I could do it better? Nope. Does it make me wrong? No. 

Nobody is telling Pearson who to pick and who to make captain. They're just saying what our players strengths are And asking why Pearson isn't playing to them.

Well, he's already leaned towards playing much closer to what we're used to so we can't be that far out

17 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Looks bit like Shed-dow Lane

Groundshare in forests future........itd help house prices in west bridgford, and, west bridgford is the sort of place people worry about house prices. Probably a more appropriate capacity not to mention the upgrade in facilities, go on fridgy, treat the gumpen hoards to a real home at notts county.

Archived