Villa

WystonRam

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched that game. Villa hit the crossbar and the post before scoring and totally run the show. Then they were suddenly torn apart. It was like their defenders never heard of tactics. The own goal was funny. No way they get the promotion this season.

It was like watching a re-run of the Titus Bramble school of comedy defending - every time Luton went at then with pace and numbers, their defence fell to pieces......utterly shocking that a professional club could have so few players that seemed to even know the basics of how to defend.

Can see Di Matteo walking out or getting sacked early in the season and making Sean Dyche an offer he cannot refuse.

If Dyche could get them in the play-offs, I would not back against them going up this season.

He is a bit hacked off at Burnley's lack of investment, Villa are a bigger club and he still lives in Kettering - an easier commute.

6 hours ago, Grantona said:

Can see Di Matteo walking out or getting sacked early in the season and making Sean Dyche an offer he cannot refuse.

If Dyche could get them in the play-offs, I would not back against them going up this season.

He is a bit hacked off at Burnley's lack of investment, Villa are a bigger club and he still lives in Kettering - an easier commute.

Perhaps now he'll be holding out for a call from Luton.....

21 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Close to signing Chester, De Laet and Jedinak apparently.

Three top player's right there

Three I'd like to see here. (But P why the apostrophe and s? It's "players")

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

It is a football forum, not an assessment on other poster's use of grammar...

Very clever. I assume you have used the incorrect apostrophe deliberately? Unless you meant to say "on another poster's...." which of course would be right (otherwise it would be "on other posters' use of grammar") 

and why not point out incorrect grammar? How does anybody know anything is wrong unless they are told. :p

2 hours ago, Strange yearnings said:

Very clever. I assume you have used the incorrect apostrophe deliberately? Unless you meant to say "on another poster's...." which of course would be right (otherwise it would be "on other posters' use of grammar") 

and why not point out incorrect grammar? How does anybody know anything is wrong unless they are told. :p

Missing full stops followed by beginning a sentence with a lower case "and". Don't get me started on the missing question mark at the end.

Tut, and indeed, tut.

This forum is good for teaching people to be fair. I learnt its not 'Thoe' it's actually 'Though' and I use it a lot now in E-Mails and Instruction Guides I create.

I learnt from a colleague that you use 'An' before a word beginning with A,E,I,O and U. She called me dumb but everyone in the office didn't know when you can use 'An' just gave examples and no idea the reason behind it!

2 hours ago, Strange yearnings said:

I will let you decide the intent.

By PM, not the Theresa May kind.

7 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

This forum is good for teaching people to be fair. I learnt its not 'Thoe' it's actually 'Though' and I use it a lot now in E-Mails and Instruction Guides I create.

I learnt from a colleague that you use 'An' before a word beginning with A,E,I,O and U. She called me dumb but everyone in the office didn't know when you can use 'An' just gave examples and no idea the reason behind it!

It is a little more complex than it being about the vowel, it is if the word has a vowel sound when you say the word.

An hour...a unicorn...

47 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

It is a little more complex than it being about the vowel, it is if the word has a vowel sound when you say the word.

An hour...a unicorn...

True she did say at times it can vary and it's best to go with what it sounds like. I didn't listen that well in English as you can guess!

Archived