Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Why does that make them scum bags?

If Burger King offered you more money than McDonald's, would you not want to leave and go work for them?

Yes, but when you're in the public eye surely you're expected to show decorum. Kaiden at McDonald's couldn't give 10 ***** what he looks like.

Just now, RaphaRam said:

Yes, but when you're in the public eye surely you're expected to show decorum. Kaiden at McDonald's couldn't give 10 ***** what he looks like.

I'm sure Fernando Forestieri couldn't give a toss about what Alan from Sheffield thinks either. 

It's just a job at the end of the day. Anyone who thinks any Derby player would stay if offered more money elsewhere is deluded in my eyes.

14 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

If Burger King offered you more money than McDonald's, would you not want to leave and go work for them?

Yes but it's the manner you do that which is totally unnacceptable here. If you were contracted to McDonald's and you signed that contract with them in good faith you can't then suddenly turn around and threaten to walk out or go on strike if McDonald's want to hold you to a contract you were quite happy to sign when you arrived but doesn't suit you now as you can get more cash elsewhere.  

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Yes but it's the manner you do that which is totally unnacceptable here. If you were contracted to McDonald's then you signed that contract with them in good faith you can't then suddenly turn around and threaten to walk out or go on strike if McDonald's want to hold you to a contract you were quite happy to sign when you arrived but doesn't suit you now as you can get more cash elsewhere.  

I never said that FF's attitude was acceptable. I was clearly pointing out that 90% of footballer's are not scumbags because they would move anywhere to earn more money.

You're welcome to him now in my eyes. Looks like i'm going to have to eat humble pie here and admit I was wrong when I said he's happy with us.

Nothing but a mercenary, he's shot himself in the foot massively with what he's done. Turned the fans against him and i'm sure there will be a few teammates ready to get in his face. He wants a better contract at Wednesday and is trying to force our hand by doing it, but he hasn't realised we ain't pushovers anymore and he's not bigger than the club.

For me we should cash in now, personally think if he goes anywhere it would be Newcastle instead of you.

But what I think will happen is he will end up apologising and staying with us, because at the end of the day he's under contract and we aren't in a position to sell. However I don't want a player like that in the squad, refusing to play for the club who employs him and the fans who adore him just because he's being a petulant child about wages.

2 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

I never said that FF's attitude was acceptable. I was clearly pointing out that 90% of footballer's are not scumbags because they would move anywhere to earn more money.

I would move to another job for more money however in the real world there are notice periods whereas in the footballing world there are no such thing. Footballers contracts cut both ways security for the player and the club. 

7 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

I'm sure Fernando Forestieri couldn't give a toss about what Alan from Sheffield thinks either. 

It's just a job at the end of the day. Anyone who thinks any Derby player would stay if offered more money elsewhere is deluded in my eyes.

Completely agree, but as a professional in the public eye he shouldn't be doing it. Do I care if we sign him? Absolutely not, as long as he bangs us to the Premier League I'm happy.

35 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

So you'd be happy if we got relegated and one of our players tweeted pics of cars and money? A few years ago players were loyal  to their clubs, and there were many examples of one club players, unfortunately those days seem to have passed.

24 minutes ago, SWFC_FAN said:

You're welcome to him now in my eyes. Looks like i'm going to have to eat humble pie here and admit I was wrong when I said he's happy with us.

Nothing but a mercenary, he's shot himself in the foot massively with what he's done. Turned the fans against him and i'm sure there will be a few teammates ready to get in his face. He wants a better contract at Wednesday and is trying to force our hand by doing it, but he hasn't realised we ain't pushovers anymore and he's not bigger than the club.

For me we should cash in now, personally think if he goes anywhere it would be Newcastle instead of you.

But what I think will happen is he will end up apologising and staying with us, because at the end of the day he's under contract and we aren't in a position to sell. However I don't want a player like that in the squad, refusing to play for the club who employs him and the fans who adore him just because he's being a petulant child about wages.

The reaction from the Wendies at work was that he wasn't welcome at Hillsborough,and Newcastle were welcome to him.

9 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Don't really get all this negative attitude towards him tbh, not just from what you have said but also from a few of our supporters.

You go to work to get paid, If you want a pay rise at work and your bosses say no you threaten them with strike action.

Doctors do it, teachers do it, the police and fire service do it. Why should footballers be any different.

It's their job!!, to us it's a hobby.

absolute rubbish. Did your employer pay a fee to your previous employer for your services and then sit in an office with your agent agreeing to all your demands, whilst paying said agent too, to give you what you wanted, on your terms? Well, Police, Teachers and Doctors have a fixed salary that is supposed to increase with inflation and the cost of living, but most have seen their pensions plundered, their hours messed with, their conditions compromised and their pay-rises not forthcoming.

7 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Money has nothing to do with it, That's just a standard of living you get from doing your job.

We as fans see football as a hobby/passion.

Football clubs are businesses like any other, they have employees like any other.

Just because they "kick a ball" doesn't mean they shouldn't have the same employee rights as any other industry.

As I say above, they are NOTHING like other businesses. How would you feel if you've paid good money to another team for a player, and then that player doesn't want to play. The players right is the 'bosman ruling' which means when their contract expires, they are free to negotiate and agree terms with whomever they wish, this is why contracts are drawn up and should be adhered to, as a transfer fee is paid to justify the X years the player will play for you. That's why you don't see a £30million transfer for someone coming for 1 season!

6 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Why?.

They work to get as much money as they can, same with everyone else who works whether your a footballer, actor, golfer, plummer or doctor.

The amount they get is irrelevant.

My point is, if you was offered a better wage from another company and your current boss tried to stop you, what would you do??.

if a actor quits half way through filming, his/her career is damaged, and financially, be liable for reimbursing all costs to re-film scenes. If a golfer quits a tournament halfway through, he wont get paid, he will be liable to reimbursing his sponsors, and will be fined by the tour. If a plumber walks out on the job, he would lose the contract and potentially be liable for rework to finish off the job. If a doctor walked out midway through something, he/she would probably struck off and never work in medicine again.

Your point is invalid, there is a legislated process for 'in contract' players, and it involved the interested club and the current owners agreeing a fee for a transfer. If you was offered a better wage, you should be asking why that club didn't come and buy you before the club that owns you, or similarly, if they want you that badly, offer a transfer fee that will be accepted.

The real point is, Forestieri should NOT know if someone wants to pay him more as he hasn't been given permission to speak to another club.

True story - Carlos Carvalhal was eating Sunday lunch in my local pub (Prince of Wales on Ecclesall Road South in Sheffield) with his cronies today. Was trying to listen in for some gossip but the closest I got was at one point hearing him utter the words 'Sheffield Wednesday'...crazy hot information I know!

2016-08-14%2013.51.29.jpg

1 hour ago, hughesy 1984 said:

So you'd be happy if we got relegated and one of our players tweeted pics of cars and money? A few years ago players were loyal  to their clubs, and there were many examples of one club players, unfortunately those days seem to have passed.

If I was that sensitive about what people tweet I would not be on Twitter personally!

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

absolute rubbish. Did your employer pay a fee to your previous employer for your services and then sit in an office with your agent agreeing to all your demands, whilst paying said agent too, to give you what you wanted, on your terms? Well, Police, Teachers and Doctors have a fixed salary that is supposed to increase with inflation and the cost of living, but most have seen their pensions plundered, their hours messed with, their conditions compromised and their pay-rises not forthcoming.

As I say above, they are NOTHING like other businesses. How would you feel if you've paid good money to another team for a player, and then that player doesn't want to play. The players right is the 'bosman ruling' which means when their contract expires, they are free to negotiate and agree terms with whomever they wish, this is why contracts are drawn up and should be adhered to, as a transfer fee is paid to justify the X years the player will play for you. That's why you don't see a £30million transfer for someone coming for 1 season!

if a actor quits half way through filming, his/her career is damaged, and financially, be liable for reimbursing all costs to re-film scenes. If a golfer quits a tournament halfway through, he wont get paid, he will be liable to reimbursing his sponsors, and will be fined by the tour. If a plumber walks out on the job, he would lose the contract and potentially be liable for rework to finish off the job. If a doctor walked out midway through something, he/she would probably struck off and never work in medicine again.

Your point is invalid, there is a legislated process for 'in contract' players, and it involved the interested club and the current owners agreeing a fee for a transfer. If you was offered a better wage, you should be asking why that club didn't come and buy you before the club that owns you, or similarly, if they want you that badly, offer a transfer fee that will be accepted.

The real point is, Forestieri should NOT know if someone wants to pay him more as he hasn't been given permission to speak to another club.

so your saying you disagree :lol:

1 hour ago, A Greystone Ram said:

True story - Carlos Carvalhal was eating Sunday lunch in my local pub (Prince of Wales on Ecclesall Road South in Sheffield) with his cronies today. Was trying to listen in for some gossip but the closest I got was at one point hearing him utter the words 'Sheffield Wednesday'...crazy hot information I know!

2016-08-14%2013.51.29.jpg

You should have posted this in the "What are you drinking" thread. You would have got a 'like' off @froggg

Archived