Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, cannable said:

I'd say he's got a plan, but there's been no preparation. As for the bit in bold, people said the same last summer about BJ.

How much more preparation can you do ? Other than pre-season ? Not every transfer works out , BJ hasn't been that bad , he just hasn't been that good either . 

28 minutes ago, NottsOWL said:

Derby got no chance of signing him:

7mil is too low, scored 15 goals last season playing on the wing and about 10 assists

If our chairman sold what is probably our best player, most of our fans would lose faith in him, your our promotion rivals and we don't need the money.

However, there is a fair chance of a release clause considering we got him for around 3 mil but unless it was a prem team I could only see him moving for another championship side if he was really unhappy.

Newcastle wanted to buy him, but instead of making an offer their scouts spoke to agents etc and realised it weren't going to happen and didn't bother bidding, not sure why your lot thought it would be any different to be honest. 

On the face of it the bid makes no sense. Knowing the way DCFC work however, I think that you're wrong about having 'no chance'.

The main football reporter for the Derby Telegraph, Steve Nicholson, has confirmed the bid (although not the price). Nicholson is the unofficial mouthpiece of the club. If he's confirmed it, it's because the club have told him to.

We've signed every single player the Nicholson has said we've bid for since the current CEO has been at the club - about three years. My opinion is that this transfer is actually done and dusted, otherwise news would not have been leaked.

I don't understand why you'd sell, or why the player would chose a sidewards move, but maybe a 'clause' and a personality clash? Maybe even that you really want one of our players and a swap deal was the only way that we'd consider it? I suppose that will come out in the wash, but I'd be surprised if FF wasn't a Ram by the end of the week.

19 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

On the face of it the bid makes no sense. Knowing the way DCFC work however, I think that you're wrong about having 'no chance'.

The main football reporter for the Derby Telegraph, Steve Nicholson, has confirmed the bid (although not the price). Nicholson is the unofficial mouthpiece of the club. If he's confirmed it, it's because the club have told him to.

We've signed every single player the Nicholson has said we've bid for since the current CEO has been at the club - about three years. My opinion is that this transfer is actually done and dusted, otherwise news would not have been leaked.

I don't understand why you'd sell, or why the player would chose a sidewards move, but maybe a 'clause' and a personality clash? Maybe even that you really want one of our players and a swap deal was the only way that we'd consider it? I suppose that will come out in the wash, but I'd be surprised if FF wasn't a Ram by the end of the week.

My money's on a smokescreen personally. 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

What do you mean by this? We're bidding for Forestieri because we want someone else?

Something like that. Gets everyone talking about one player, while another deal is made under the radar. Very common in sport but not AS common in football. Still happens though. 

Once there's a lot of news about one player, prices go up, competition for the player increases etc.

It may be that we want Forestieri but I find it hard to believe we'd be able to get him. 

3 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Maybe we're doing an agent a favour to get Forestieri a new better contract in exchange for helping us get another deal over the line.

That's also a thing that happens.

From our uninformed stance it's another option that's more likely than us signing Forestieri too

EDIT: Thiago Motta is under the same agent :ph34r: :lol:

When was the last time we bid for a player we had absolutely no chance of getting? I agree this is unrealistic, but on the other hand, I'd find it odd we'd get as far as offering actual money without knowing we somehow stood a slight chance of getting him.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Something like that. Gets everyone talking about one player, while another deal is made under the radar. Very common in sport but not AS common in football. Still happens though. 

Once there's a lot of news about one player, prices go up, competition for the player increases etc.

It may be that we want Forestieri but I find it hard to believe we'd be able to get him. 

Is it common? What's another example of this happening? Why does it benefit us?

sorry, not trying to belittle what you're saying at all, just genuinely don't understand why the club would bid £7m for a player they don't really want.

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

When was the last time we bid for a player we had absolutely no chance of getting? I agree this is unrealistic, but on the other hand, I'd find it odd we'd get as far as offering actual money without knowing we somehow stood a slight chance of getting him.

I think it's completely clear that neither we, nor any of the owls, have all the information. Something is going on. 

Seriously?! Do we now believe that we have put in a 7m bid in an attempt to conceal our interest in another player? A few flaws in this approach for me, Wednesday accept the bid-what happens then ? The club with our main target thinks, wow if they have another 7m to spare and are desperate lets up our price once the bid for FF gets rejected ? Other clubs start to get seriously peed off with us for unsettling their targets with "smokescreen" bids.

I haven't got a scooby what is going on, however some of these conspiracy theories belong in the Sunday sport along with Elvis is alive and the double decker bus in the moon stories :D

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Is it common? What's another example of this happening? Why does it benefit us?

sorry, not trying to belittle what you're saying at all, just genuinely don't understand why the club would bid £7m for a player they don't really want.

It's not about not wanting him, I'm sure they do want him.

The point is simply it brings the cost down of other targets.

If they accepted the £7m bid we'd be laughing. Just looking at this with the information I have, it's probable base don our track record there's something we don't know that has not yet been publicised that makes this transfer possible. I'm just thinking about what could be happening if that isn't the case.

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Seriously?! Do we now believe that we have put in a 7m bid in an attempt to conceal our interest in another player? A few flaws in this approach for me, Wednesday accept the bid-what happens then ? The club with our main target thinks, wow if they have another 7m to spare and are desperate lets up our price once the bid for FF gets rejected ? Other clubs start to get seriously peed off with us for unsettling their targets with "smokescreen" bids.

I haven't got a scooby what is going on, however some of these conspiracy theories belong in the Sunday sport along with Elvis is alive and the double decker bus in the moon stories :D

It's not a conspiracy theory. Smokescreens are actual negotiation tactics used quite commonly. 

Archived