Nakhi Wells

Derbados

Just now, Ambitious said:

I'm in two minds about Wells. I do think he's a good striker, but I don't know what he offers above Bent than perhaps another half a second of speed? 

We definitely need wingers above all else. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks that's for sure. 

I'd definitely argue the old panic button has been smashed following Saturday's performance and draw. 

Half a second is harsh. He's very quick, and gets behind defenders in the way that Bent used to. 

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ambitious said:

I'm in two minds about Wells. I do think he's a good striker, but I don't know what he offers above Bent than perhaps another half a second of speed? 

We definitely need wingers above all else. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks that's for sure. 

I'd definitely argue the old panic button has been smashed following Saturday's performance and draw. 

Why? In Pearson's post match interview he said bids were in for players, so unless they bid for players during the game or the second the game finished, you'd assume the offers were in before that performance.

7 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Why? In Pearson's post match interview he said bids were in for players, so unless they bid for players during the game or the second the game finished, you'd assume the offers were in before that performance.

I just imagined it in some sort of hollywood blockbuster type situation, whereby Pearson and Mel have already got the emails saved in drafts, not sent. After the full time whistle, Pearson 'made the call' to Mel and the emails were released from the drafts into the sent box. 

Obviously, none of this could be true. I just choose to imagine this situation as it makes more sense. 

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Totally agree. Bent, Martin, Weimann, Blackman, Russell. All strikers. Unless some are being moved on, no need for another one. 

Crying out for a proper winger as we don't have any, apart perhaps from Camara, but I wouldn't know as we've never really seen him.

Only panic button being smashed is on here.

PistoldPete2
31 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Totally agree. Bent, Martin, Weimann, Blackman, Russell. All strikers. Unless some are being moved on, no need for another one. 

Crying out for a proper winger as we don't have any, apart perhaps from Camara, but I wouldn't know as we've never really seen him.

Only panic button being smashed is on here.

50 years ago, England won the world cup without any wingers in their team. They had two big old fashioned strikers too with hurst and hunt. I think with overlapping fullbacks like christie and forsyth we can get by without an out and out winger. But we do need someone who can cross the ball. A beckham or even a david Jones.

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

50 years ago, England won the world cup without any wingers in their team. They had two big old fashioned strikers too with hurst and hunt. I think with overlapping fullbacks like christie and forsyth we can get by without an out and out winger. But we do need someone who can cross the ball. A beckham or even a david Jones.

Maybe tom cairney or skalak from Brighton 

Afternoon guys, Town fan here. Most of you will be aware of our chairman Dean Hoyle and his extremely good business acumen. Our transfer policy of bringing in players for relatively low fees and then selling on for large profits is how DH runs his club. At this present time we don't have to sell, but Hoyle has stated that if any player were to leave, (Nahki being the point in case) it would take a monumental amount of money put on the table to allow him to leave. All that being said, every player has a price and if that price is met I personally believe he will go before the end of the window. 

2 minutes ago, HD3 said:

Afternoon guys, Town fan here. Most of you will be aware of our chairman Dean Hoyle and his extremely good business acumen. Our transfer policy of bringing in players for relatively low fees and then selling on for large profits is how DH runs his club. At this present time we don't have to sell, but Hoyle has stated that if any player were to leave, (Nahki being the point in case) it would take a monumental amount of money put on the table to allow him to leave. All that being said, every player has a price and if that price is met I personally believe he will go before the end of the window. 

So in summary Huddersfield will sell if someone gives them enough money.

Thanks for the inside info. :D

3 minutes ago, HD3 said:

As you're probably be aware.

If we set our eyes on a player, We get them.

As you found out last year with JB.

Nahki Wells (If we want him) will become a derby player.

5 minutes ago, HD3 said:

If you had to guess the number your chairman is looking at what would you say? I feel it's probably 10m which is massively inflated.

If we set our sights on a player we get them!

Except Kodjia, but apart from Kodjia if we set our sights on a player we get them. Well apart from Wisdom as well. So apart from Kodjia and Wisdom if we set our sights on someone we get them. I suppose we missed out on Hanley too. So apart from Kodjia, Wisdom and Hanley what did the Romans ever do for us?

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

As you're probably be aware.

If we set our eyes on a player, We get them.

As you found out last year with JB.

Nahki Wells (If we want him) will become a derby player.

I aren't disagreeing RamsPolls. My point being, that if a club such as Derby or Norwich want him, don't expect our chairman to roll over. The quote of 'monumental' is taken directly from DH. As for Butterfield, I seem to remember an initial 1 mill bid was offered and look how that one turned out ;)

7 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

If you had to guess the number your chairman is looking at what would you say? I feel it's probably 10m which is massively inflated.

Not sure mate, probably safe to say 8 would be a minimum though. As for inflated, you'll have noticed that the majority of our business has been done abroad. We can't compete in the transfer market in Engalnd

Archived