Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

I've heard everything on talksport. ....quote

"Liverpool aren't good when they dominate possession. That isn't their game as they don't know what to do ".

Seriously?  Doesn't say a lot for their wonder coach.  Style over substance methinks. Or with that cap, no style over no substance :lol:

It's plodding football - possession for the sake of it in an almost static midfield. The more I see these 'top teams', the more I thnk that Hughes is amongst the very best midfielders in the game.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made my day the bin dippers losing. Again Klopp disrespects the competition and it bites him in the arse.

They are toothless, spineless, gutless and that's just people from Liverpool. The team is even worse.

Klopp, mega manager? Really? And a Derby player scores the winner. I'm off down the pub :lol:

Love it when one of the 'big boys' fields a seriously under-strength starting X1 then the manager sees they could be going out of the cup so brings on his 'stars'. Even better when they go on to lose. Arrogant and disrespectful to the opposition when any more than 2 or 3 changes are made from the previous league match.

Latest:  Spurs 0 Wycombe 2

Hahaha! Hope Wycombe hold on to that lead.

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Season over for the victims and it's still January....and I thought it was their year...! Ha ha ha. 

Mine more time

ha ha ha 

Next year is their year, or maybe the next, or the next....

6 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Made my day the bin dippers losing. Again Klopp disrespects the competition and it bites him in the arse.

They are toothless, spineless, gutless and that's just people from Liverpool. The team is even worse.

Klopp, mega manager? Really? And a Derby player scores the winner. I'm off down the pub :lol:

Seemed an odd thing to do - klopp sending out a weak team.

I mean, he put all the big guns out against us early in the efl cup, arguably a far less prestigious competition. 

Not as if he's got Europe to worry about as Leicester have! 

8 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Love it when one of the 'big boys' fields a seriously under-strength starting X1 then the manager sees they could be going out of the cup so brings on his 'stars'. Even better when they go on to lose. Arrogant and disrespectful to the opposition when any more than 2 or 3 changes are made from the previous league match.

Latest:  Spurs 0 Wycombe 2

Hahaha! Hope Wycombe hold on to that lead.

The thing is, you can't play your best team every game. With a squad of 25+ players to keep happy, rotation is the name of the game and cup competitions will always be considered inferior to the league.

Klopp had every right to give his squad players a chance to impress. Without games, Liverpool's younger players won't improve and his squad players will importantly lose match fitness.

It wasn't arrogant by Klopp to field the side they did. They had enough quality there to see off Wolves. And they've got Chelsea in the league on Tuesday, having just played the semi-final of the League Cup against Southampton on Wednesday. Three games in six days. You've got to rotate.

Always happens to a team this time of the year. They crash out of two comps and slip up in the league. Usually it's Arsenal, but this time just happens to be Liverpool.

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The thing is, you can't play your best team every game. With a squad of 25+ players to keep happy, rotation is the name of the game and cup competitions will always be considered inferior to the league.

Klopp had every right to give his squad players a chance to impress. Without games, Liverpool's younger players won't improve and his squad players will importantly lose match fitness.

It wasn't arrogant by Klopp to field the side they did. They had enough quality there to see off Wolves. And they've got Chelsea in the league on Tuesday, having just played the semi-final of the League Cup against Southampton on Wednesday. Three games in six days. You've got to rotate.

Always happens to a team this time of the year. They crash out of two comps and slip up in the league. Usually it's Arsenal, but this time just happens to be Liverpool.

Wrong on so many levels..

Klopp was arrogant and his team clearly did not have enough quality to beat Wolves.

Why do you have to give so many squad players a chance in one sitting? Opportunities arise all through a season for these squad players to get their opportunity.. How do you think players ever got a chance before this fad of playing squad players became the vogue. I can see the odd change makes sense.. Again you fall into the trap of assuming it's either or with these competitions., Teams should keep as many opportunities open as possible. It is doubtful they will win the league, they bombed out of the EFL, whatelse did they have to go for?

Season over and I am pissing myself at Klopp and Liverpool. Arrogant mugs.

Someone put the cat out.. 

10 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Meanwhile, Sutton Utd lying 16th in the Vanarama Premier league are leading the mightty Leeds 1-0. Pratwell with the whistle.

Leeds playing their reserves aren't they? Bit like everyone else! But I'm sure the smaller clubs that won don't care! 

7 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Klopp was arrogant and his team clearly did not have enough quality to beat Wolves.

Why do you have to give so many squad players a chance in one sitting? Opportunities arise all through a season for these squad players to get their opportunity.. How do you think players ever got a chance before this fad of playing squad players became the vogue. I can see the odd change makes sense.. Again you fall into the trap of assuming it's either or with these competitions., Teams should keep as many opportunities open as possible. It is doubtful they will win the league, they bombed out of the EFL, whatelse did they have to go for?

They had three games in six days.

Which of those games do you think are of importance, and are the most winnable?

Southampotn (H) - trailing 1-0 from the first-leg of the semi-final

Wolves (18th in the Championship) at home in the FA Cup

Chelsea (H) in the Premier League

It was obvious Klopp was going to go all out to beat Southampton and reach the League Cup final and try to play his best team for arguably their biggest PL match of the season to date.

You can't blame him fr playing a weakened team against Wolves. Any other team in the country would have done it and you know it. Southampton also played a weakened team against Arsenal. They lost 0-5.

It wasn't arrogant from Liverpool's point of view. They had the quality out there to beat Wolves, but they didn't manage it on the day. So what?

Ridiculous to think Liverpool should be expected to play their full strength team (or with just a few changes) for three games in six days, two of which are among the most important of their season.

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It was obvious Klopp was going to go all out to beat Southampton and reach the League Cup final and try to play his best team for arguably their biggest PL match of the season to date.

You can't blame him fr playing a weakened team against Wolves. Any other team in the country would have done it and you know it. Southampton also played a weakened team against Arsenal. They lost 0-5.

It wasn't arrogant from Liverpool's point of view. They had the quality out there to beat Wolves, but they didn't manage it on the day. So what?

Ridiculous to think Liverpool should be expected to play their full strength team (or with just a few changes) for three games in six days, two of which are among the most important of their season.

So they have 3 games in 6 days, so what.. It's okay to throw one then? Make strategic minimal changes maybe..  Southampton got what they deserved as well and good.

No I don't know any other team in the country would have done it and neither do you. What was Liverpools best chance of success this season? He already knew he was out of the EFL, top 4? Is that the measure of success now? He has NO European football this season. 

Yes he should be able to field his strongest team, he potentially now loses 3 in a row mucking about with the team. Way to go Kloppster. They are not tired physically, they are constantly told that they are tired and that affects them mentally. Their training schedule will be very tailored down to accommodate fixtures. 

22 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

So they have 3 games in 6 days, so what.. It's okay to throw one then? Make strategic minimal changes maybe..  Southampton got what they deserved as well and good.

No I don't know any other team in the country would have done it and neither do you. What was Liverpools best chance of success this season? He already knew he was out of the EFL, top 4? Is that the measure of success now? He has NO European football this season. 

Yes he should be able to field his strongest team, he potentially now loses 3 in a row mucking about with the team. Way to go Kloppster. They are not tired physically, they are constantly told that they are tired and that affects them mentally. Their training schedule will be very tailored down to accommodate fixtures. 

Bang on

9 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

I cannot "like" that enough.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

At the start of this really tough(!) week for the victims they had 3 games.....the first one against a bang out of form Southampton team....they should b able to beat them easily enough with a less than full strength team...but they messed that up....so then they have Wolves...again they should be able to beat them.... and let's be totally honest the Chelsea game is an absolute nothing game for them, they are a million miles away from winning the league, Chelsea might as well be in a different league to them all together...if he wanted to play all his kids then the Chelsea game would have been the one to to do it in. 

It's my mums birthday on Tuesday, it's always nice to know that their season is over before it...makes me smile year after year. Thanks Kloppo you fool...

49 minutes ago, Kernow said:

According to the commentator on BBC for the Utd v Wigan game, Dave Whelan once played in an FA Cup final but broke his leg? Can anybody confirm if this is true? Never heard that story before.

Spot on 1960 against Wolves.

Archived