Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been watching Iceland vs Croatia.  Final score Iceland 1 Croatia 0.  Hörður Magnússon (Bristol City) scored late in the game.  What a way to beat them for the first time, another obstacle overcome on our way to the WC finals.

Woohooooooooooooooooooo:D

On 5/8/2017 at 20:07, Bris Vegas said:

Burnley have benefited from other teams underperforming and Sunderland still being in the league.

Next season I can't see Palace struggling with Allardyce. Swansea with Clement will be better. Bournemouth, West Brom, Leicester, Newcastle and Stoke will all be fine.

It helps when teams have mediocre managers or go through numerous changes, but that won't happen next season.

I think the three you can only hope to finish above are Brighton, one of the playoff teams and Watford who look like they could struggle.

Your argument above is already fatally flawed and holed beneath the water line because Allardyce has QUIT Palace -probably beacause of a limited transfer budget having splurged £40 million in January in a bid to escape the drop.

And Derby fans should know, Clement isn't that great a manager and may well lose Sigurdsson and Llorente (without those two they wouldn't have made 30 points).

3 hours ago, Grantona said:

Your argument above is already fatally flawed and holed beneath the water line because Allardyce has QUIT Palace -probably beacause of a limited transfer budget having splurged £40 million in January in a bid to escape the drop.

And Derby fans should know, Clement isn't that great a manager and may well lose Sigurdsson and Llorente (without those two they wouldn't have made 30 points).

Swansea underperformed, they've got talent in their squad and Clement, when working with better players, has plenty of capabilities.

Palace will be a tough one to predict now. Could go either way.

Burnley will struggle to stay up next season and IMO will go down. But by all means, prove me wrong. You guys did this past season.

On 6/17/2017 at 23:48, Bris Vegas said:

Swansea underperformed, they've got talent in their squad and Clement, when working with better players, has plenty of capabilities.

Burnley will struggle to stay up next season and IMO will go down. But by all means, prove me wrong. You guys did this past season.

Yes...we will see. Maybe Swansea won't do so well if they lose either (or both) Llorente & Sigurdsson which is quite likely. 

I think Tammy Abraham is a poor loan signing by Swans - he never got a sniff against Keane and Tarkowski when Burnley beat Bristol City 2-0 in the FA Cup.

• 5 months later...

Congraulations in order again, Bris Vegas! Spot on with your predictions again like you were last season when you predicted Burnley to be relegated.

Clement has, indeed, done a fine job with Swansea's "better" players like he did at Derby.

Burnley, meanwhile, are struggling in 6th place on the Premier League with only 16 goals in 18 games and without an away win since November 26.

On 6/17/2017 at 23:48, Bris Vegas said:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

1 hour ago, Grantona said:

Congratulations in order again, Bris Vegas! Spot on with your predictions again like you were last season when you predicted Burnley to be relegated.

Clement has, indeed, done a fine job with Swansea's "better" players like he did at Derby.

Burnley, meanwhile, are struggling in 6th place in the Premier League with only 16 goals in 18 games and without an away win since November 26.

I can lend you a shirt if you've lost money most weeks betting against the Clarets.

Archived