3 at the back

Rample

Carson

Keogh    Thorne  Shacks            or Rawson or Hanson in for Thorne [if he is injured]

Christie                                               Olsson

Ince       Hughes   Johnson...         or any of Hendrick/Butterfield/Russell/Bryson

Bent           Martin                                           or swap either to Weimann /Blackman

Lots of permutations with this sort of formation and its easly changed via substitutions during a game.

The idea of Thorne in the back 3, because he is a gifted player, can read the game and can pass a ball quickly through an eye of a needle. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

I think Russell could *possibly* play a wing back, he's got enough defensive work rate and gets forward enough to do so, just a question of his defensive qualities, but plenty of wingers play wing back, Ashley Young, elmohamody. Robbie Brady to name a few

ince could probably play in the front two, or as one of the midfielders, just moved p to play behind the front two.

also would Keogh not be the sweeper? He's mobile, aggressive enough and can pass a ball

Russell could be option if we need a goal/playing vs weaker team at home. Play the better defenders against harder teams.

55 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

Wait...are us Derby fans agreeing on something?!?!?!?! :lol:

It's easy this management lark.

We've got loads of good CMs, loads of people who want to play CF, good attacking full backs and no one who is much good on the wing. What's not to like?

This is a formation that would bring Max Lowe into his own who'd be as attacking an option on the left as Christie on the right.

Carson

Keogh   Bucko   Shackell

Christie                                          Lowe

Ince         Thorne          Hughes

Martin          Weimann

with an alternative 11 of:

Grant

Rawson    Pearce     Forsyth

Hendrick                                      Olsson

Bryson     Butterfield     Johnson

Bent        Blackman

And that's without Russell, Hanson, Baird, Camara, Bennett, Zanzala, Elsnick, Guy and possibly a few others. Anyone still think we need to buy a host of new players?

I posted about this is a different thread so I'll copy and paste:

Here is another video for you video lovers. I may be looking too far into this and I think I am but notice at 1:53 how Olsson and Forsyth are both in yellow bibs and on the same team? Chris Powell spoke earlier that the players were going to be doing some shape and tactical work today. Again I reiterate that I may be looking too far into this but could be a back 3 formation be on the cards? I wouldn't be shocked as Pearson has used a back 3 in the past. Olsson as the left wing back and Fozzy as the lcb, almost like Wales did in the Euros with Ben Davies as the lcb and Neil Taylor as the wing back.

Potential back 6 of this? Wouldn't surprise me as I've been keeping an eagle eye on certain players' positions in training because I'm one sad person 

Carson

Keogh            Shackell                Forsyth

Christie                                                                         Olsson

On 16/07/2016 at 12:21, dajstrawb said:

Wales played it at the Euro's to great effect. Looking at it, it does accommodate the players we currently have, but it is a formation which requires a lot learning, especially for the 3 centre halves and wing backs. Do we have the time for that? Remember us trying at at home to Chesterfield in the cup last year at the ipro. Raul's debut if I'm correct? A lot of confused faces that first half. Could certainly be an option though don't get me wrong!

I think really Wales played 3-4-2-1, Bale and Ramsay as the 2. I heard a commentator say they had two number 10's at one point ??

Ramsay dropped in, when they needed to tighten up.

Not sure this would exactly work for us, I mean Ince could be our Bale?? Hughes our Ramsay but I would prefer the formation with 2 up from Martin, Bent, Weiman and Blackman.

34 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Bucko needs time to get match fit after a near season out, think Pearson will be a fan of his no nonsense defending attitude, simular to his own style

Yes ,yes, yes.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A believer at long last!!!

You betcha by golly wow!!

Archived