Home Ticket Pricing Structure

Taken from the official website, it seems the demand based pricing has been scrapped. Was there an announcement about this? First 2 games seem very expensive. Brighton FROM £33 and Villa FROM £36

''In a change from previous seasons, Derby County will not be using dynamic ticket pricing for the 2016/17 season. Instead, the Rams will operate a fixed pricing model, with prices for matches being set approximately six weeks prior to each league fixture. 

Prices will increase on a home matchday by £3 for Adults and £2 for Concessions.

Adult prices for Category E seating will range from £20 to £40 over the course of the season. Category D seating will match Category E prices, while prices for each subsequent category will be higher.''

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Potentially £40 for a seat on the first 2 rows where you can see sod all.

No thanks Derby.

The teams in the league this season has the potential for some cracking days out home and away, but the pricing is going to ruin it all. Shame.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Just as bad, the website wearederby.com isn't working properly again. Even after logging in, I cannot select the Derby v Brighton game. Tried Chrome and I.E.

Absolute rubbish.

Delete cookies and caches. 

Is this a joke? 36 quid for Villa match? £3 more on the day? Game is in August too so crowd could be low anyway. And it might be on Sky too and move times.

Hopefully we'll go up this season and prices can come down, seen as premier clubs get given about 4 billion each.

Was there any liasing with the fans about this new pricing structure?

Bit of a downer for the new season. Can't remember prices been this high last year, or were they?

Pretty sure inflation has been nothing for a while now.

2 hours ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Taken from the official website, it seems the demand based pricing has been scrapped. Was there an announcement about this? First 2 games seem very expensive. Brighton FROM £33 and Villa FROM £36

''In a change from previous seasons, Derby County will not be using dynamic ticket pricing for the 2016/17 season. Instead, the Rams will operate a fixed pricing model, with prices for matches being set approximately six weeks prior to each league fixture.

Prices will increase on a home matchday by £3 for Adults and £2 for Concessions.

Adult prices for Category E seating will range from £20 to £40 over the course of the season. Category D seating will match Category E prices, while prices for each subsequent category will be higher.''

This is the championship! absolute robbery. Really thought Mel wouldn't allow Derby fans to get robbed like this. I agree 20 is plenty.

I hope this gets looked at. I'm ok being a ST holder but I know others who cant afford season tickets/ have commitments so can only make some games and this will hurt them.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Nope - Doesn't work.

It amazes me that for such a customer orientated business, there online tools are so bad.

Works fine on mine though. 

I know that Derby at the end of the day is a business, but surely they have to look at encouraging those without season tickets to come to games. You aren't going to encourage those 'testing the water' with children to attend the matches, then those children might end up following the Man U's, Arsenal's etc.

I don't have a season ticket as I can only make it for a few games a year, and one of those 6/12 match plans are useless as I never know if I can attend until at max the day before, sometimes even lunchtime of the match day. Last season I took my son, his friend and father to the Bolton home game. With travel, parking, food and tickets, it cost over £200. So 2 adults and 2 kids, £50 each for one match!

I share a Lincoln City family season ticket at work that cost £300, we all chip in £50 a season, then go to 4 or 5 games with our kid a season. Yes it may be conference football, but it's a good laugh and its always family friendly. Every time I go to a Derby game there always seems to be fans arguing, swearing, fighting etc. I understand the old argument "well what do you expect at a football match..." or "get over it, its always going to happen.." but why doesn't it seem to happen at lower league clubs? You obviously still get the twits going, but they are still family friendly twits!

At the moment, Derby isn't somewhere that I want to take my son and pay a premium for the privilege.

4 hours ago, Simsy said:

This is the championship! absolute robbery. Really thought Mel wouldn't allow Derby fans to get robbed like this. I agree 20 is plenty.

I hope this gets looked at. I'm ok being a ST holder but I know others who cant afford season tickets/ have commitments so can only make some games and this will hurt them.

its not about Mel not letting us get robbed, he's agreed to the pricing structure so hes happy to, in your words, rob fans

I really wish football games could cost £20 to go and see, that seems to be the figure that most people agree on as being good value for money and ensures that the majority of people can afford a game when they get the chance to go and see one.

I've renewed my season ticket as per, so will be getting much better value per game, but as I will be moaning when other clubs don't provide away tickets at a reasonable price (unless the championship have also signed up to the £30 cap that Premier league teams have done, I don't know?) it's only right that I criticise my own club first. Don't get me wrong, they've invested and done a lot for the club, but of the things that fans with not a lot of money will feel, it will be ticket prices first and foremost - they won't be noticing the effects of improved training facilities/a new playing surface etc. 

6 hours ago, Simsy said:

He's a businessman foremost. A lot on here forget that. 

3 hours ago, CastletonRam said:

He's a businessman foremost. A lot on here forget that. 

I don't buy that argument when owning a club. He has spent millions on player transfers but when we ask him to keep ticket prices down, this is what they come out with.

Dont forget a £1 booking fee as well for printing at home.

its ludicrous and loses respect.

Archived