Home Ticket Pricing Structure

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CastletonRam said:

He's a businessman foremost. A lot on here forget that. 

The worst of both worlds, a fan and the owner..... 

11 hours ago, Simsy said:

This is the championship! absolute robbery. Really thought Mel wouldn't allow Derby fans to get robbed like this. I agree 20 is plenty.

I hope this gets looked at. I'm ok being a ST holder but I know others who cant afford season tickets/ have commitments so can only make some games and this will hurt them.

Do you feel that people buying match by match should pay the same as season ticket holders, because £20 a pop would do that, consequently they ought to be reduced likewise, perhaps?

8 hours ago, eddie said:

Do you feel that people buying match by match should pay the same as season ticket holders, because £20 a pop would do that, consequently they ought to be reduced likewise, perhaps?

no of course season ticket holder should get it cheaper match by match. however you want to work it out (cheaper season ticket/slightly more pricey tickets) but its got to be no more the 25 in my opinion.

can you imagine paying 35 quid and seeing a performance like last seasons MK dons...

This is a tough one if you balance the fact that a lot of personal money has been spent on club and facilities v getting the correct type of player who can help get us up and do a job in the premiership.

I am sure the tickets have been kept fairly reasonable over the past couple of years so maybe inevitable that they would rise sooner or later.

Maybe the hurt wouldn't be so bad if they raised it progressively over the next few seasons rather than in one hit. 

It is a bit extreme but I remember speaking to a lot of people last season as season ticket holders. People were getting really cheap tickets most of the time and devalues the whole point of a season ticket. 

I do agree though those prices are stupid.

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

no of course season ticket holder should get it cheaper match by match. however you want to work it out (cheaper season ticket/slightly more pricey tickets) but its got to be no more the 25 in my opinion.

can you imagine paying 35 quid and seeing a performance like last seasons MK dons...

I wouldn't be happy seeing a performance like that for a tenth of the value stated, because the price does not necessarily equate to the entertainment. I suggest that you vote with your feet - the price will be perceived as too high if only season ticket holders turn up, and it will, by necessity, be reduced for subsequent games.

I work shifts at the royal Derby so a season ticket is out because i do quite a few saturdays  and with sky mucking up the fixtures makes it hard work to request matchdays off.So going to individual matches at that pricing structure makes it a very expensive day out. We need a" shift worker season ticket" i dont know how it would work though lol

A few seasons ago, before I became a st holder again, I went to a number of £10 games and a good few £19 games. At that time st holders moaned that they felt no benefit from paying up front. I wonder if those discounted games will come back? 

I'm also going to say that if I didn't have my st I would not be parting with over £30 to go. Two of us plus parking, drink and a snack makes it far too expensive. 

Also, I wonder if the food and drink outlets will see a drop in takings as fans absorb the cost of higher tickets by eating and drinking elsewhere or taking their own snacks? 

21 minutes ago, eddie said:

I wouldn't be happy seeing a performance like that for a tenth of the value stated, because the price does not necessarily equate to the entertainment. I suggest that you vote with your feet - the price will be perceived as too high if only season ticket holders turn up, and it will, by necessity, be reduced for subsequent games.

Unfortunately I think our fans are too loyal. so tickets will get bought and I don't think we are capable of staging a protest like Liverpool did.

Means we are just going to end up with fans coming who enjoy a prawn sandwich and a game of polo on a sunday.

Whilst the working class die hard fans just cant enjoy treating themselves to a game once a month due to the costings.

I hate being one of those cliched people banging on about the Bundesliga, but I'm reminded of this quote from Bayern club president Uli Hoeness:

"We could charge more than £104 [for a season ticket]. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income, but what's £2m to us?

In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for 5 minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody. That's the difference between us and England."

Mel Morris, Sam Rush, anyone from the club - I hope you read that.

What bugs me about these ticket prices is that it shows such an incredible disconnect from the fans. £36 probably sounds like peanuts to them and they probably think that if you're serious about football, you'd be prepared to pay that. If Derby, or any of the other club officials in England who think these prices are acceptable, really knew how big of a sum that is for lots of football fans, they wouldn't dream of setting that price. That's well over a hundred quid for a day out for the family. Some people don't spend much more than that on a weekend away or even a family holiday.

Of course, some club owners are businessmen and have never really cared for football. A football ticket is like any other ticket or product to sell - it's a simple game of supply and demand in the name of profit. It just annoys me that so-called fans that own clubs lose sight of what's important and start playing the same game.

How much extra revenue is this actually going to bring, Derby? An extra £1m? £2m? Because knowing the club's performance over the last twelve months, we could easily blow all of that on ONE player who can't play in a single position that actually exists in the team in a single day (see Camara, Blackman, Weimann). Is that one player really more important than the dozens if not hundreds of fans, including children who don't even support us yet, who will no longer be able to justify coming to matches?

No one wins here. Not even the people collecting the ticket money.

3 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Unfortunately I think our fans are too loyal. so tickets will get bought and I don't think we are capable of staging a protest like Liverpool did.

Means we are just going to end up with fans coming who enjoy a prawn sandwich and a game of polo on a sunday.

Whilst the working class die hard fans just cant enjoy treating themselves to a game once a month due to the costings.

1. True.

2. I love prawn sandwiches, but polo is a step to far. Water polo, on the other hand, especially on horseback...

3. When the post-Brexit recession turns to long-term stagnation of the British economy, the working class won't even be able to afford their Sky Sports subscription, and will be reduced to selling their kids for medical research. Again.

6 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Don't like your second paragraph one bit..... Thinks it's a over exaggerated. Otherwise wholeheartedly agree with rest.

Family of four for Villa would be forking out £100 on this tickets alone. 

40% of a bloke on minimum wage. 

Its ok though, we will continue to moan about half and half scarves and moan who nicked what chant, also take photos of "tinpot" support at clubs.

Football in this country will implode on itself within 10/15 years. Only the clubs with financial clout will continue.

Hello European Super League.

Wanting top players, managers, facilities with no sponsor on the shirt and cheap tickets. Wheres the money coming from to pay for all of this?

Nobody likes price increases but if you think of it as 1 pint less per game.

Most Saturday games I would imagine will be around the £26 mark, games like Villa, Newcastle, Forest will be the top priced with Brentford on a Tuesday will come in at £20. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Wanting top players, managers, facilities with no sponsor on the shirt and cheap tickets. Wheres the money coming from to pay for all of this?

If this is the difference between signing another Nick Blackman, Abdoul Camara, Andreas Weimann or Chris Baird then it's even more justification for keeping prices as they were or lower.

The point is, raising ticket prices makes a huge amount more difference to us than it does the club. We're talking about peanuts for the club that will only make a small amount of difference in the contract negotiations of one player.

An extra pint a game is a lot of money if you're a family wanting to go to more than one match.

16 minutes ago, Duracell said:

If this is the difference between signing another Nick Blackman, Abdoul Camara, Andreas Weimann or Chris Baird then it's even more justification for keeping prices as they were or lower.

No, it's the difference than the days of Sammon, Dickov, Croft, Tyson and Doyle.

Weimann is a very good player so kinda ruined this first part of your post as well.

The point is, raising ticket prices makes a huge amount more difference to us than it does the club. We're talking about peanuts for the club that will only make a small amount of difference in the contract negotiations of one player.

We don't have peanut plants at Moor Farm, we need to bring in peanuts from somewhere. 

An extra pint a game is a lot of money if you're a family wanting to go to more than one match.

Family of 5, £3 extra each. £15, over 14 days is just over a pound a day. Yes this may tip some families budgets over the edge that were borderline being able to afford to go already, it's a shame and I don't mean to sound harsh but that's life. How many have mobile phone contracts, TV packages, smoke, go on holiday and sucked up all the prices increases over the years? 

When was the last time we had a ticket rise like this and are we seeing a better standard of football since the last increase?

Football is entertainment, it's not a must buy for families to survive, same as the cinema, bowling, go karting, anything that can be classed as entertainment. 

Playing devils advocate here, what right do football fans have to demand cheaper tickets? Football clubs are not charities, they are not a public service. They are providers of competitive entertainment and can set their prices as they see fit.

I understand that football is lessened without the fans but ultimately clubs are businesses. Maybe an increase in ticket prices wont impact a club like Bayern Munich too much as shown above, but lets be frank we are not and likely never will be on par with Bayern Munich so the comparison falls down.

I would love for fans to be able to pay £20 a game, but then again I would love to be able to get tickets to see my favorite bands for £20. Unfortunately that's not how it works so I pick and chose when I can and can't attend such events and move on.

20 minutes ago, David said:

Nobody likes price increases but if you think of it as 1 pint less per game.

Most Saturday games I would imagine will be around the £26 mark, games like Villa, Newcastle, Forest will be the top priced with Brentford on a Tuesday will come in at £20. 

Daveo - Disagree.

We are close to becoming one of the most expensive clubs in the Championship to watch. Aston Villa at a minimum of £36 + £1 booking fee is not right. I cannot get into the game to see how much other seats in the ground are as the club saying 'From' suggests this is the cheapest on offer.

I fully agree Season Ticket holders should have a substantial benefit on ticket prices but a match day ticket (bought in advance or on the day) should not be about fleecing money from fans. The club should be making every effort to ensure the ground is as close to full as possible. Reward of buying a match ticket earlier should be achieved by getting a 'better seat'.

Mel Morris is choosing to invest his own money into the club. Great. However if his personal wealth is now leading to an increase in costs for fans, its wrong, simply wrong.

I find our ticket prices for away fans embarrassing now. I refuse to go to any away game where the ticket price is more than £30. (Forest being the only exception) For a club that tries to parade itself on having the best fans etc they have failed here.

Archived