Home Ticket Pricing Structure

On 07/07/2016 at 11:31, Duracell said:

My argument isn't just about the recent price increase but the price of tickets in general. The cost of going to a match is still disproportionate. You can argue about ticket prices being a necessity for buying players, but why are we one of the only nations with this attitude? Why can I buy a Bundesliga matchday ticket for half the price of a second tier English matchday ticket? Do Bundesliga clubs not care about signing good players too?

I don't buy the argument that if you're against ticket raises you're against your club investing in better players. Of course the money needs to come from somewhere but match day ticket revenues are a smaller slice of the cake than ever before and it makes even less sense hiking ticket prices in the Premier League with the new TV deal. 

Football is different to karting or bowling. It's a national sport. It's part of our cultural heritage. The rest of Europe mocks our "everything has its price" attitude to something that should matter to us. It's horribly cynical world to live in and it doesn't have to be like that.

To me, football will always mean more than a supply and demand graph. It's a shame you see it that way.

You seem to think £1m or £2m is peanuts but I think that is probably about 5% of our income (not got any accounts to hand).

The difference with the Bundesliga teams is that they regularly sell players for £30m, our record transfer income is what? £6m?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20 is plenty, is about right for watching football, I am a season ticket holder, and have black and white blood flowing through my veins, so although I agree with 20 is plenty, I would go anyway, but 33 pound for watching Brighton is so wrong, and feel we will be lucky to get 27000 fans in the ground. Could see next season ,season ticket prices going up, but I will be there anyway, sad but true , 38 years of watching my team, how could I not turn up. 

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You seem to think £1m or £2m is peanuts but I think that is probably about 5% of our income (not got any accounts to hand).

The difference with the Bundesliga teams is that they regularly sell players for £30m, our record transfer income is what? £6m?

I'm talking about hypothetical figures. I don't know how much extra revenue the price increase brings - but I do know how quickly that extra revenue can vanish, and wonder whether it's worth it.

Everyone has in their own mind what constitutes too much and I think the higher walk up prices are too much. I have a ST and to put it into context they charge me and ny other half to watch A WHOLE SEASON of football at the iPro what will probably pay one player for ONE WEEK. 

So, the money in the club does not rely on ticket sales to make it run. Or is this silly feminine logic? 

2 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Everyone has in their own mind what constitutes too much and I think the higher walk up prices are too much. I have a ST and to put it into context they charge me and ny other half to watch A WHOLE SEASON of football at the iPro what will probably pay one player for ONE WEEK. 

So, the money in the club does not rely on ticket sales to make it run. Or is this silly feminine logic? 

One week? One day more like!

Whilst your logic is relatively sound, as the saying goes 'every little helps'.

Season ticket sales probably contribute £3m or £4m, which in current terms, probably equates to one decent Championship player that we can buy.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

One week? One day more like!

Whilst your logic is relatively sound, as the saying goes 'every little helps'.

Season ticket sales probably contribute £3m or £4m, which in current terms, probably equates to one decent Championship player that we can buy.

I just came back to edit that, I meant one day :no:

Season ticket and match day tickets contribute about 30-40% of our income annually. If we go to the Premiership this will drop to 5-10%.

I suspect that we are maximising revenue from ticket sales rather than focussing on the moral ground of doing what is best for supporters.

I just thought Derby/Mel/Sam/Vicars were better than this.£36 to sit in East Lower plus £1 booking fee. £37 for the Brighton game - ridiculous.

the other thing is they haven't said what teams are in any given category.

brighton home - top catoegory understandable, play off rival last season

villa home - top category understandable, prem last season

but what happens when they start charging £36 for huddersfield and wolves in april just because we are 'up there' 

if this is the new method then they should have set out 3 levels of opponent which needs sticking to regardless of league position

cat A - local rivals, 'big clubs', potential table rivals, boxing day

cat b - mid table teams

cat c - night games + bottom 6 predicted teams

• 4 weeks later...

Archived