Aden Flint

richinspain

FL92Transfer‏@FL92Transfer 6 hhace 6 horas

Norwich City & Derby County are interested in signing Bristol City defender Aden Flint #ncfc #bcfc #dcfcpic.twitter.com/O2iF9JTucS

Don't know how good a source this is but it just appeared in my twitter account. Also say that Burnley will go in for Grant Hanley if Michael Keane leaves.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's from Pinxton so might fancy coming home. He's 6ft 5 and scores a lot of goals - and not just with his head. He seems to be right footed, but the bits that I've seen he looks pretty good with his left too.

It's interesting that we're being linked to lots of centre backs. I wonder if that's an indication that we're actively looking, or just that journalists have no clue and are guessing? Even if Jake leaves, we have Shackell, Keogh, Pearce, Albentosa, Shotton and Rawson, with Forsyth, Hanson and Baird able to fill in there. I can't see Flint, Hanley, Dunk or Schindler moving here unless they believe that they will be first choice players. If that's the case we might be looking at a pretty big cull, with most of the fringe players moving on and maybe one of Shackell or Pearce.

Our game in Bristol was the perfect indication of his talents. First half we thought it would be a good idea to pump long balls towards him and he soaked everything up.

Second half we played round him and he looked awkward and ponderous.

The goals he scores only serve to cover up the fact that City's defence is pretty shaky.

13 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

It's interesting that we're being linked to lots of centre backs. I wonder if that's an indication that we're actively looking, or just that journalists have no clue and are guessing? Even if Jake leaves, we have Shackell, Keogh, Pearce, Albentosa, Shotton and Rawson, with Forsyth, Hanson and Baird able to fill in there. I can't see Flint, Hanley, Dunk or Schindler moving here unless they believe that they will be first choice players. If that's the case we might be looking at a pretty big cull, with most of the fringe players moving on and maybe one of Shackell or Pearce.

Player by players scenarios:

Bucko - has he gone already?

Shackell - ability wise not in doubt, but personality? Not so sure about it. Pearson might sell him.

Keogh -  maybe he is not renewing his contract? - if not, need to sell. Or if we are going to play with deeper line, Keogh needs to be replaced (so selling is perhaps best option). I'm expecting him to be gone this summer.

Pearce - who knows what's going on? Might even be our first team player next season.

Albentosa - if that's true, how unproffesionally our club helped him to adjust, he is as good as gone. (Did we do same mistake with Camara? I bloody hope not)

Shotton -  should be sold.

Rawson - not sure what's his current level is. Bu if based on watching highlights from Rotherham games, not even closely good enough to Championship. Another loan?

Forsyth - as a CB? Where did you get that from? Rather see him on the wing than CB!

Hanson - way too small to be CB in Pearson's team, I believe

Bird - he can be the back up. Like he is to RB, DM and pretty much every other position.

Overall - I really can see why we are CB. Could be the position we see most of the traffic this summer, lots of variables.

14 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

He's from Pinxton so might fancy coming home. He's 6ft 5 and scores a lot of goals - and not just with his head. He seems to be right footed, but the bits that I've seen he looks pretty good with his left too.

That was meant to end Shackell or Keogh...it's been a long week already!

24 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Player by players scenarios:

Bucko - has he gone already?

Shackell - ability wise not in doubt, but personality? Not so sure about it. Pearson might sell him.

Keogh -  maybe he is not renewing his contract? - if not, need to sell. Or if we are going to play with deeper line, Keogh needs to be replaced (so selling is perhaps best option). I'm expecting him to be gone this summer.

Pearce - who knows what's going on? Might even be our first team player next season.

Albentosa - if that's true, how unproffesionally our club helped him to adjust, he is as good as gone. (Did we do same mistake with Camara? I bloody hope not)

Shotton -  should be sold.

Rawson - not sure what's his current level is. Bu if based on watching highlights from Rotherham games, not even closely good enough to Championship. Another loan?

Forsyth - as a CB? Where did you get that from? Rather see him on the wing than CB!

Hanson - way too small to be CB in Pearson's team, I believe

Bird - he can be the back up. Like he is to RB, DM and pretty much every other position.

Overall - I really can see why we are CB. Could be the position we see most of the traffic this summer, lots of variables.

How can people continuously question shackell's personality? Generally based on speculation, do you know for a fact he's the Arse that so many people suggest he is? Admittedly he was part of the side that failed last season, but I for one would much rather have shackell with the questionable personality than Jake Buxton with the heart on the sleeve kind of approach.

And why because shackell may or may not have a personality issue does it mean Pearson will sell, he's a manager who is capable of bringing the best out of players and he has no doubt dealt with players like shackell before and bought out the best in them. 

That is just my opinion of course!!

2 hours ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

How can people continuously question shackell's personality? Generally based on speculation, do you know for a fact he's the Arse that so many people suggest he is? Admittedly he was part of the side that failed last season, but I for one would much rather have shackell with the questionable personality than Jake Buxton with the heart on the sleeve kind of approach.

And why because shackell may or may not have a personality issue does it mean Pearson will sell, he's a manager who is capable of bringing the best out of players and he has no doubt dealt with players like shackell before and bought out the best in them. 

I think too many on here think this club should be like a family, all nicey nicey.

All the best teams have knob eds in them

Terry = utter knob

Giggs = Shagged his brothers missus

Suarez = Likes to bite people

Toure = Mardy egotistical (where's my cake) knob

All of these players are/were massive for their clubs.

:p

If you tell your manager to **** off, there's definitely something wrong with you.

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Why does it seem that the 'Keogh Out' boys seem to be back in force? 

Keogh has been our best defender and most consistent player all season... And the whole 'replace him if we play a deeper line' in nonsense as Keogh is one of the few defenders around smart enough to adapt to new systems...

How can people continuously question shackell's personality? Generally based on speculation, do you know for a fact he's the Arse that so many people suggest he is?

I base it on his woeful half-challenge for Hull's first goal in the playoff first leg... It was a typical Shackell challenge... Half-hearted for a 50/50 challenge as he's  more interested in protecting himself than protecting the team...

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

If you tell your manager to **** off, there's definitely something wrong with you.

Granted that wasn't necessary, but his in capable manager had just hung him out to dry. I'm sure he's not the only one to have done something in the heat of the moment.

i for one don't hold that against him, I'd much prefer shackell in my team at centre half over any other centre half we currently have on our books.

Archived