future bright for derby

B4ev6is

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Alan Sugar as chairman...

He would be the daddy,

just need a big lump at centre back with cane up front playing in a refined cube formation and we would have them all beet and take us into the next decayed !

2 hours ago, Dale The Ram said:

Future is definitely bright.

I expect to see Mitchell, Rawson, Guy, Lowe, Zanzala and Elsnik or at least most of them appearing throughout the season.

I really am excited to see these lads run out in front of 30'000 fans

Can see Lowe being utilised as a back up to right back, as we've got two players for left back. 

Personally I genuinely think that Zanzala and Rawson in particular could push for first team, think Rawson would go well with Shackell good combination of youth and experience and Zanzala can be used alongside somebody up front looked quite sharp when I've seen the 21s

12 hours ago, loweman2 said:

He would be the daddy,

just need a big lump at centre back with cane up front playing in a refined cube formation and we would have them all beet and take us into the next decayed !

This guy really caries.

I think with a new manager coming in there is the opportunity for some of our recent signings to "start again" .

Weimann, Bent , Camara  , Johnson & Blackman have all failed to deliver anywhere near to the level at which they were playing prior to being signed by Derby.

If Pearson and his team can inspire them to find their form then they are some serious players who are worthy of being in the first team.

On 01/06/2016 at 19:55, philmycock said:

He broke his leg in a tackle, how is that deemed injury prone? His knees are fine (at the mo!)

i think an interesting stat would be a percentage of how long hes been out injured compared to when hes been available to play. It seems like hes been out injured a lot more than he has been fit. You cant build around a player like that. Its time to think about a replacement

How can Camara and Blackman " start again " , when they have hardly ever been on the pitch ?  I do agree that Pearson might give them both plenty of opportunity to have a fair crack , Camara especially could give us an extra dimension .

Camara has a decent chance of making it in a Pearson team imo. Wouldn't be surprised if Weimann becomes a more focal player either.

On 03/06/2016 at 11:24, Jon_Grooves said:

i think an interesting stat would be a percentage of how long hes been out injured compared to when hes been available to play. It seems like hes been out injured a lot more than he has been fit. You cant build around a player like that. Its time to think about a replacement

He has been injured a lot but I'm not sure that's predictive going forwards. He's had two major leg injuries and it's possible that diminishes his ability to play at 100% in the future, but also it might not.

I think the better argument for finding someone else who can play his role is that nobody else in the squad can, and it's a key position. When Thorne played well, Derby played well. When he was out of form, injured or absent we often struggled.

The other way to look at it is that last season Thorne played the most competitive football in a season of his career, and although he often had close attention still did well in a good portion of games.

Had he not had his leg broke for him (cheers Mick) we'd all be enthusiastic about how he'd perform in a Pearson team.

Archived