DCFC Fans - Pearson & Powell Appointed Podcast

Day

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Just bost out laughing at Boycie's idea for a Mod's race from Shaftesbury Street to the Station....brilliant, raite cheered me up that....

give me a couple of weeks to get back in training.......

Think I got a bit unfair calling in that part :(

I'm the only out of my house who was ecstatic with the appointment, my brother doesn't mind it I suppose but he wanted Brendon Rodgers, my dad is past getting all excited about it now lol, he wanted Rowett. 

But the forums have gone into overdrive with the appointment, most are chuffed with it and can't wait for the season to start. but you speak to family members and their not that bothered... maybe secretly they love it and can only show it on Social Media... :lol:

On 29 May 2016 at 23:22, uttoxram75 said:

Just bost out laughing at Boycie's idea for a Mod's race from Shaftesbury Street to the Station....brilliant, raite cheered me up that....

Training? That's cheating ennit Utch?:cool:

13 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

I'm the only out of my house who was ecstatic with the appointment, my brother doesn't mind it I suppose but he wanted Brendon Rodgers, my dad is past getting all excited about it now lol, he wanted Rowett. 

But the forums have gone into overdrive with the appointment, most are chuffed with it and can't wait for the season to start. but you speak to family members and their not that bothered... maybe secretly they love it and can only show it on Social Media... :lol:

I'm over the moon he's come here.

When you look at the candidates we could go for he is LIGHT YEARS ahead of anyone we could realistically get.

Rogers & Moyes were never going to come to a championship club, they are prem managers and so were only ever in the running for the job by deluded fans who think we are a bigger club than we actually are.

On 29 May 2016 at 23:22, uttoxram75 said:

Officially hit middle age a few weeks ago so had to check in my athletic look and adopt the 'spare tyre' appearance instead....

Must have the lung capacity of a 5 year old now. :angry:

4 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

I'm over the moon he's come here.

When you look at the candidates we could go for he is LIGHT YEARS ahead of anyone we could realistically get.

Rogers & Moyes were never going to come to a championship club, they are prem managers and so were only ever in the running for the job by deluded fans who think we are a bigger club than we actually are.

I never thought we'd get Rodgers tbh, he wants to manage in Europe and as made this clear in his interviews. despite what we think of Scottish football Celtic and Rangers are two of the biggest clubs in the world, historically their bigger than us by some way, massive fan bases and european football, at the moment we simply can't compete with that. 

Moyes I thought was possible, he's in the same box as what McClaren was in in that he needs to rebuild his career, didn't really want him though because he could be broken goods now after the manure and sociedad jobs.

Having watched all the interviews I'm shocked how nice Chris Powell is, he wasn't like that on the pitch for us in the late 90s, nice bloke and a nice double act. Good cop bad cop combination and Chris Powell will have the hearts of the players imo, NP will have their nuts though.

2 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Having watched all the interviews I'm shocked how nice Chris Powell is, he wasn't like that on the pitch for us in the late 90s, nice bloke and a nice double act. Good cop bad cop combination and Chris Powell will have the hearts of the players imo, NP will have their nuts though.

All reports of NP from behind the scenes are that he's funny and everyone at the club, from players to staff, love him. I'm sure he's perfectly capable of doing what's necessary to manage successfully but not sure he's this "bad cop" people seem to think of him as.

23 hours ago, MB (Wolfie) said:

Good stuff but had to have it on full volume, as it was a bit quiet. Thanks to whoever it was who kept coughing and nearly perforating my eardrums.

Was everyone quiet or just one, two of us?

Always sounds super loud when I listen back on my phone and Mac, my mic is recording at full volume and everyone sounds loud in the calls. 

Archived