DCFC Fans - Pearson & Powell Appointed Podcast

Day

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, David said:

Was everyone quiet or just one, two of us?

Always sounds super loud when I listen back on my phone and Mac, my mic is recording at full volume and everyone sounds loud in the calls. 

It's normally ok but for some reason you were all quiet on my iPhone this time - except for the coughs. Maybe it's at my end. 

15 hours ago, MB (Wolfie) said:

It's normally ok but for some reason you were all quiet on my iPhone this time - except for the coughs. Maybe it's at my end. 

Wasn't as loud as normal on my phone either.

14 minutes ago, David said:

Are you both listening through the website, Podbean app or Podcasts app on iPhone?

Through Podbean and phone speaker normally. All the others have been spot on, just this one was quieter. Just popped headphones in and wasn't a problem.

4 hours ago, David said:

Weird as I don't change any settings, some say it's ok, some not. I can up the main db but it becomes all distorted and crackly 

All the others have been fine so was probably boycie's fault. Just don't let him back on :lol:

5 hours ago, David said:

Weird as I don't change any settings, some say it's ok, some not. I can up the main db but it becomes all distorted and crackly 

Do you process it at all or is it virginal?

When I export stuff from Reason sometimes the track can be lower in loudness than it could be.

I usually import into Audacity and run a hard limiter on it at -5.0 or whatever i can get away with then amplify it to -0.01 

Helps with perceived loudness or something, not sure of the technicalities.

35 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Do you process it at all or is it virginal?

When I export stuff from Reason sometimes the track can be lower in loudness than it could be.

I usually import into Audacity and run a hard limiter on it at -5.0 or whatever i can get away with then amplify it to -0.01 

Helps with perceived loudness or something, not sure of the technicalities.

All I do is drag and drop the files into Garageband, reduce the Barry White bass on my side, trim off the I'm recording now at the start and end, export, done.

My mic is running at full input volume, Scott and the guest are really loud and clear at half volume on my Mac.

12 hours ago, David said:

Are you both listening through the website, Podbean app or Podcasts app on iPhone?

Podcasts app on iPhone. Like I said, first time it's been like that so don't lose sleep over it.

It is really really quiet this week on the iPhone using iTunes, I had to have the volume up at maximum in the car to even hear it...and atill couldn't quite believe my ears at some of it....like 5 million for Bryson...! 

Decent podcast, glad to hear that @David is taking the role of "the one who talks sense" will Hughes would go to Newcastle right now if the right bid came in, why wouldn't he...? They are a much bigger club with a much better squad with a much better manager with a much better chance of being in the top league at the end of next season on a lot more money..No brainier. 

47 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

It is really really quiet this week on the iPhone using iTunes, I had to have the volume up at maximum in the car to even hear it...and atill couldn't quite believe my ears at some of it....like 5 million for Bryson...! 

Decent podcast, glad to hear that @David is taking the role of "the one who talks sense" will Hughes would go to Newcastle right now if the right bid came in, why wouldn't he...? They are a much bigger club with a much better squad with a much better manager with a much better chance of being in the top league at the end of next season on a lot more money..No brainier. 

I posed this question:

would he go to Newcastle now if they offered more wages and Derby matched the offer?

I don't think he would move to another championship club, not after being injured last season. I think he'd want to give us another season.

If we fail next time and he plays well enough he'll have bigger clubs than Newcastle wanting him.

He'd never go there anyway, Liverpool is his preference, and who can blame him?

Massive club, great fans.

If Liverpool come sniffing this close season then I do think he'll be off.

who could blame him?

I like to see myself as the sensible one, although that's pretty easy with @Srg around.

And I would say yes he would @Boycie, he may support Liverpool but how many footballers can hold off moves hoping to join the club they support?

Jamie Carragher was a big Everton fan, Bale Arsenal fan, footballers move where it would improve their career or pays the most. At Newcastle Hughes would stand a better chance of promotion and Premier League football next season. Sad but true.

Archived