Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I've been defending the club saying it's smart to be patient, but to leave everything to the last week of the window is crazy. Players are likely to cost much more because clubs have less time to replace them and teams will probably be less willing to sell.

Agreed, there's being clever, taking your time and identifying targets properly, and then there's panicking and signing anybody before time runs out. We've had enough time to identify players to fill the gaps we need, Pearson has been here since the end of May. We did all our business right at the beginning last year, now it seems this year it'll be all at the end.

3 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Seemingly it's all about to kick off...

It's needs to aswell mate, lack of transfer activity has probably had the players thinking they are safe don't need to try as hard 

1 minute ago, Shuff264 said:

Seems like someone has hit the panic button

Dont think anyone has. These deals would have been worked on for weeks and weeks. 

You heard James Wilsons interview? He said in there he had been speaking to Pearson for 2 weeks..

Pearson would have had targets in mind before the players come back for pre season..

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Dont think anyone has. These deals would have been worked on for weeks and weeks. 

You heard James Wilsons interview? He said in there he had been speaking to Pearson for 2 weeks..

Pearson would have had targets in mind before the players come back for pre season..

These players will have been identified before. But we're rushing out and buying them a week before the window closes because the club has realised we are no where near where we should be at this point.

I think its been a case of us lining up potential targets but at the same time Pearson giving the current expensive squad every chance possible to impress, last night being the final chance before the window shuts, if we didnt sign anyone then fans would be raging.

I think Hendrick Martin Russell will go with Vydra Gunnarsson come in and hopefully Mcmanaman with another forward out of Wells or Kodjia and a RB

4 strikers in Wilson Vydra Bent + 1 more....i also think Weimann will have a huge part to play this season but more than likely on the wing, him and Camara maybe? 

19 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

69c42db1cdbd05c5ca2de118a2dea02b.png

I've been defending the club saying it's smart to be patient, but to leave everything to the last week of the window is crazy. Players are likely to cost much more because clubs have less time to replace them and teams will probably be less willing to sell.

Or we have been waiting for other teams to make signings before releasing the players we are after. Usually there are a number of transfers all hanging on one team making a move 

5 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

69c42db1cdbd05c5ca2de118a2dea02b.png

5 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

... or we have to wait for the selling club to close a deal, alot of these deals involve a chain of events.

It's strange how especially forwards do move during the last week. Happens every summer.

4 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Full of Derby stuff today... 

Villa want Hernandez for Hull in a 20m deal! (14m upfront). Hull would probably sign Kodjia, and also want Jeff for 7m.

Bristol City want Russell for 3m and Pearson wants McNamaman and Lookman (Charlton) as possible replacements.. 

We would want more for Hendrick surely? Lookman would be one for the future, not what we need now. With CP's connections Nahki is the striker signing I want to see plus a prem holding midfielder on loan maybe.

Archived