Can someone explain this? (Today's attendance)

The attendance today was just shy of 30k, and last week vs Ipswich it was 29,850. But, there were 2000 more Hull fans there today. I just find it baffling that within a week you can lose around 1850 fans for a PO semi. I know today's match was on sky, but I can't seem to get my head around that. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been thinking about this myself.When I left this morning around 09:00 there were 1040 tickets left on sale and only two of those were in the West Stand.When I got to the ground there was a big block empty in the West Upper so they question is why ?

Also astounded by the figure been less than 30k,

Capacity is 33010 so in reality the actual attendance based on the ticket sales page should have been around 32k

25 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I didn't recognise most of the people around my seat today.

I was the East Stand equivalent of Bradley Johnson.

There was a vacant seat to my left and a vacant woman to my right.

19 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Been thinking about this myself.When I left this morning around 09:00 there were 1040 tickets left on sale and only two of those were in the West Stand.When I got to the ground there was a big block empty in the West Upper so they question is why ?

Also astounded by the figure been less than 30k,

Capacity is 33010 so in reality the actual attendance based on the ticket sales page should have been around 32k

freebies offered out that were not taken up, hospitality tickets and sponsors tickets not used could explain it.

I didn't sit in my South Stand seat today as my mate took me to Igors. Anyone who saw a chap throwing up out of a V8 Rangey on Brian Clough Way - was me, after a heavy night in Ilson last night.

Anyway.... Attendance baffled me as well.

11 hours ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

The attendance today was just shy of 30k, and last week vs Ipswich it was 29,850. But, there were 2000 more Hull fans there today. I just find it baffling that within a week you can lose around 1850 fans for a PO semi. I know today's match was on sky, but I can't seem to get my head around that. 

It was those that can forsee the future, new the result and thought why bother?

2 minutes ago, FunkyRam said:

It was 12;30 ko and on sky too. I personally thought it was a great effort by us fans in that sense. 

Really? 

Our biggest game of the season and we could not fill the place. We never struggle to do that when we play Forest and that match is best always a Saturday 12:30 kick off.

The lack of response to going 1-0 down was bad too from a club that can't wait to tell other clubs how great their fans are.

Archived