Can someone explain this? (Today's attendance)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Really? 

Our biggest game of the season and we could not fill the place. We never struggle to do that when we play Forest and that match is best always a Saturday 12:30 kick off.

The lack of response to going 1-0 down was bad too from a club that can't wait to tell other clubs how great their fans are.

Yeah really.

Are you talking about the response from the team or the fans? Because from where i was the whole stand was behind the team at 0-1. 0-2 was a different story.

4 minutes ago, FunkyRam said:

Yeah really.

Are you talking about the response from the team or the fans? Because from where i was the whole stand was behind the team at 0-1. 0-2 was a different story.

The response from the team and fans was poor.

PistoldPete2

Very odd... the club tweeted that there were around 1,000 tickets unsold , the away allocation was sold out yet we were more than  3,000 below capacity. The gaps were in the southwest and west stand and also in the North stand . East Stand seemed pretty full. Two mysteries : how come as many turned up for Ipswich game with nothing to play for as turned up yesterday.. in fact fewer rams fans as there were a lot more away fans. And why did DCFC lie about the number of unsold tickes?

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Very odd... the club tweeted that there were around 1,000 tickets unsold , the away allocation was sold out yet we were more than  3,000 below capacity. The gaps were in the southwest and west stand and also in the North stand . East Stand seemed pretty full. Two mysteries : how come as many turned up for Ipswich game with nothing to play for as turned up yesterday.. in fact fewer rams fans as there were a lot more away fans. And why did DCFC lie about the number of unsold tickes?

I'm suprised we didn't sell out. However, you still have to say that around 30,000 aint bad for a club like ours and the fact we keep this average year in year out is really very good. I'm sure there were a lot of season ticket holders who came to Ipswich who didn't take up the option to buy a ticket for this. Seems strange to me, but some STH don't like to go to one off 'cup' games - whether its because they have to pay or because its a hassle getting tickets (the actual act of doing something out lf the norm) or whether its because many may have made plans for after the end of the season who knows...

I don't know if you can quite accuse the club of 'lying'. There might be many reasons for their statement and I doubt lying was one of them (unless they wanted to generate a bit of a rush, I suppose). I'm sure they were just being approximate, however. Not really necessary to see plots or ulteria motives in everything the club does. 

Archived