George Thorne

Kernow

22 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Your comment just suprised me a bit Rampage!  I normally think you make valid points even if I personally agree with them or not , but to make a comment that were 40% more likely to lose seems a bit daft . 

There is only one George Thorne. He has to be replaced with Hughes (not his best position for us, been back for three games and played twice in that position?), Johnson (coming back from injury and not his best position), Baird (not been playing) or Hanson (injured). Get my drift, RR?  Anyone who thinks that our realistic chances are not reduced is a mystery to me. So how much are they reduced? 40% in my opinion. Everyone has their own opinion. I said for two weeks that we should not play our most valuable players. Turned out that what I said might happen, did happen. Do not get me wrong, I want Derby promoted at all costs. I am less hopeful than before. We needed all our best players fit and playing to the best of their ability. Now we are Hanson and Thorne short and probably got someone playing out of position. We need to a bit lucky now.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

I dont get why this has gone to 37 pages tbh. GT hasnt even been that good this season, people are making this injury a bigger deal than it is.

I rated the sheff wed and brighton performances as one of the best this season, and although GT was in the side, I thought he was poor in both them games

hughes has shown he can tackle and read the game, play him in DM, Dont want johnson there as he cant pass for *****.

So you don't get the fact that George Thorne is a Derby player, we are Derby fans so that to the vast majority of supporters I'm quite sure, consider him one of us. When something like this happens, we all feel for him, as was obvious by the initial stunned reaction of the crowd and then the reception he received when being stretchered off!

Whether he's not had the most consistent and best season since he joined us doesn't matter one iota!

DCFCfan1? Don't make me laugh!!!

5 minutes ago, Rampage said:

There is only one George Thorne. He has to be replaced with Hughes (not his best position for us, been back for three games and played twice in that position?), Johnson (coming back from injury and not his best position), Baird (not been playing) or Hanson (injured). Get my drift, RR?  Anyone who thinks that our realistic chances are not reduced is a mystery to me. So how much are they reduced? 40% in my opinion. Everyone has their own opinion. I said for two weeks that we should not play our most valuable players. Turned out that what I said might happen, did happen. Do not get me wrong, I want Derby promoted at all costs. I am less hopeful than before. We needed all our best players fit and playing to the best of their ability. Now we are Hanson and Thorne short and probably got someone playing out of position. We need to a bit lucky now.

We've gained more points per game this season without GT than with him.

How exactly have you calculated this mythical 40% nonsense?

Our chances with GT were approx 25%.

Now our chances are approx 25%.

2 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

We've gained more points per game this season without GT than with him.

How exactly have you calculated this mythical 40% nonsense?

Our chances with GT were approx 25%.

Now our chances are approx 25%.

11/dcfc x Th/WH + BJ/JH - 90+5 = 40%

I think this is going to end up like a boss level on a 16 bit computer game.

t'll cut away to a text based interlude scene in which Chairman Mel throws a desk out the window and flexes his muscles (which shred his shirt) before he dons the home kit and comes on to play CDM v Hull excpet he's 9 foot tall and shoots balls of fire out of his spectacles. 

1 hour ago, dcfcfan1 said:

I dont get why this has gone to 37 pages tbh. GT hasnt even been that good this season, people are making this injury a bigger deal than it is.

I rated the sheff wed and brighton performances as one of the best this season, and although GT was in the side, I thought he was poor in both them games

hughes has shown he can tackle and read the game, play him in DM, Dont want johnson there as he cant pass for *****.

Thorne did not play v Sheff Wed.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

11/dcfc x Th/WH + BJ/JH - 90+5 = 40%

dcfc includes Richard Keogh, therefore you have encountered a ZDIV error condition.

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think this is going to end up like a boss level on a 16 bit computer game.

t'll cut away to a text based interlude scene in which Chairman Mel throws a desk out the window and flexes his muscles (which shred his shirt) before he dons the home kit and comes on to play CDM v Hull excpet he's 9 foot tall and shoots balls of fire out of his spectacles. 

Did anybody else read spectacles as something else? No? Just me then.

I keep seeing #letsdoitforgeorge quoted around the t'interweb.

Well here's my hashtag thingy!

#letsdoitforthebestsupportedcluboutsidethepremiershipandthethousandsoffanswhohavefolloweddcfcthroughthickandthinyearafteryearandwillstillfollowthisgreatfootballclubregardlessoftheresult.

.............don't think I've quite got the hang of this new technology mullarky yet! :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

And when would be a good time to send him out?

Which games?  We still had 4th spot to play for. 2nd leg at home. 

Thorne 'with his track record' could have limped off in the opening minute of the 1st leg

Playing at home second leg isnt that much of an advantage if at all any.

10 hours ago, Rampage said:

Your right there is only 1 George Thorne and therefore he can't be replaced like for like not many teams can replace one of there most influential players like for like , so it has to go to plan b now . I'd even be tempted to maybe tweak the shape a little and have to players sat . Hughes and johnson  ( if fit) then push bryson a little closer to Martin . 

One thing is for sure. If any team has to lose a player with the ability of George Thorne then the only thing that could soften the blow is to have a player with the ability of Will Hughes available to replace him.

With Craig Brysons form giving him a starting berth we still have three top class midfielders for this division (Johnson/Butterfield/Hendrick) fighting for one place. Not a bad position to be in at all.

Just as well Mel got his wallet out in the summer.

Injuries are part & parcel of the game, that is why we have a squad (and a fairly strong squad at that). I guess that Mr. Wassall is not sat with his head in his hands thinking "Oh my God, we are 40% less likely to get through the play-offs now", he will be doing something about it. A player can quite easily be injured in training (as they frequently are).

Personally, I have no expectations for the play-offs, what will be will be.

Archived