Derby County v Ipswich Town

eddie

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Stupid by Wassall, just when he was starting to win me around. Not the man to take us forward,showed his naivety today by not resting players. All of our own doing. Hull scored 5 today and yet people on here think we will smash them like we did in the league. Naive I'm telling you naive.

You are not a man to have around when its backs to the wall are you. Should have done this should have done that.....Give it a rest!

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You are not a man to have around when its backs to the wall are you. Should have done this should have done that.....Give it a rest!

Wassell should call him and his pal to run formations and options by them, after all they know all the answers to everything.

It was a risk but I completely agree with the fact that we should have gone in with our strongest team and go into the playoffs all guns blazing. The injury to Thorne is awful and might have cost us but we have other options if needed and its the playoffs. Anything can happen! Don't write us off.

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Stupid by Wassall, just when he was starting to win me around. Not the man to take us forward,showed his naivety today by not resting players. All of our own doing. Hull scored 5 today and yet people on here think we will smash them like we did in the league. Naive I'm telling you naive.

Ironically they played a full strength 11.

Football is supposed to be fun and an entertainment. There are a couple of blokes on this forum (and we all know who they are) who clearly take no joy from it at all. Why bother then? Do something else. Go fishing. Read a book.  

They also have the clearest hindsight in the world. Crystal clear it is.

For what it's worth, my view is you  play your strongest team and try to go into next week on form and buzzin' Possibly hasn't worked but not everything does... Cos it's a game.

Ha. If we'd played reserves and lost it would be

"Why play reserves when we needed cohesion and momentum"

Hindsight management is the easiest job in the world. Thorne could have got that injury in the opening minute v Hull.

3 minutes ago, Edinburgh ram said:

It was a risk but I completely agree with the fact that we should have gone in with our strongest team and go into the playoffs all guns blazing. The injury to Thorne is awful and might have cost us but we have other options if needed and its the playoffs. Anything can happen! Don't write us off.

Afternoon Edinburgh Man.

Totally agree with you, we just need our fans to get right behind our Super Rams and sing loudly and proudly and get right behind Will Hughes and watch the magic unfold as we haven't fallen yet. The choice is with every Derby fan to stay positive and do their bit now when our support is needed the most.

Enjoy The Fall

We still have some outstanding players and a really great chance. One player does not make a team.

I feel for Thorne. I hope he is back soon but we need to get behind the lads. We have not played a single game in the playoffs yet!

DW is doing a great job. If he had rested players and we had lost 4-0 then he would be destroyed for ruining confidence.

Now is not the time for negativity it is time for getting behind the team and getting to the Premiership.

I could understand playing your best team against Sheff Wed and Brighton considering we hadn't wrapped up fourth spot yet, but today we played against the most physical team in the league.

Should have rested Thorne, Hughes, Martin and Keogh. The rest are pretty much changeable, but that spine is key and losing any one of them would no doubt have a major disruption.

If it was against a Charlton or a Reading then it would be OK. But why risk it against a Mick McCarthy team?

Actually find myself in uncomfortable position of supporting DW. Thorne could have got injured in training, in the warm-up or first 10 mins v Hull. If he said he had a twinge or was tired then fine rest him...otherwise you play to win. 

Archived