Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Says on SSN that Fulham have rejected £10m for Ross McCormack and they believe Fulham will only accept offers above £12m. 

I would love us to splash the cash on a striker and he would offer something different. £12m what do you all think of that??

I've seen Nixon repeatedly say he has a £15 million release clause and that's what they're holding out for. I'd absolutely love if we signed him, guaranteed goals, plenty of assists and would offer something very different to what we have. However, £15 million and probably 40k + a week wages in the Championship would be a massive risk when you consider he's soon to be 30 and we could probably get Kodjia or Wells for a few million cheaper at least and I'm 99% certain wouldn't require as high wages as McCormack would. They're younger and weren't too far off his goal tally last season.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Rafael Van der Vaart linked with Reading!? I know we don't need another midfielder but damn...

Washed up.

there is a reason why he is being linked with reading,

3 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

I don't think moving from manager to coach will suit Jackett, won't be long before he's getting his coat imo.

Could they go for Stevie Mac if he does jackett in?

16 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Just seen Will Keane is available from Man United for £1 million ? 

Is he any good ? Young ? Can't be too bad being at man utd for so long ? 

Was always the standout player for Man United's u21s but he's 23 now and has scored just 5 senior goals in his entire career. Been loaned to the Championship a few times and has never looked anything special. If I remember correctly he's also had a rather large number of injuries that have often kept him out for a while.

I believe @Ambitious is a fan of his so maybe he could tell you of his qualities.

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Was always the standout player for Man United's u21s but he's 23 now and has scored just 5 senior goals in his entire career. Been loaned to the Championship a few times and has never looked anything special. If I remember correctly he's also had a rather large number of injuries that have often kept him out for a while.

I believe @Ambitious is a fan of his so maybe he could tell you of his qualities.

Thanks cam ! He's someone who's name has been about for years but I've never really paid much attention to him . Was just an idea and he sempt quite cheap at a million in today's market . 

I would like to see us take a gamble on Keane, largely because I do believe the team that does will reap the benefits. 

It's a fairly easy example of his quality, as he did score five goals, and his fourth is one of the best finishes you will ever see, but you do get to see what his build up play is about. I think the very first clip of him (or one of the first) is him picking the ball out of the air onto his chest and getting it down quickly. 

He's not done it at first team level, but cream always rises to the top. I'm all for taking these types of gambles, but we're the sort of club that seems to wait for him to have a good six months and then show interest. 

Archived