Ull look terrible

irobinson

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure when they come to a PO semi final against a team they have a W0 D0 L2 GD-6 they'll be a different proposition 

They're dodgy away anyway aren't they? 

But they've got to be the team you want in the PO right now

Both Boro and Hull look fragile. If we can avoid defensive blunders we can progress past Hull then Boro or Sheff Wed and lift the trophy. Beating carp sides can be rock hard.

Bruce - only plus point was that Dawson was not injured!

Hull rested SIX players today for a game that they did not need any points from. We are in the same situation against Brighton barring a 6 - 0 defeat and a win for the Wendies. PUT THE SECOND TEAM OUT AGAINST BRIGHTON. They need to win by three clear goals to then only need a draw against  Boro. Give them a 3 - 0 win for me and then let them go and beat Boro and get away from us. Playing Boro in the Final is my first choice. If Brighton win, Boro will have 3 points out of 12 and the dreaded Play Offs to play against two teams that have nothing to lose.We do not want Brighton at Wembley.

17 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Hull rested SIX players today for a game that they did not need any points from. We are in the same situation against Brighton barring a 6 - 0 defeat and a win for the Wendies. PUT THE SECOND TEAM OUT AGAINST BRIGHTON. They need to win by three clear goals to then only need a draw against  Boro. Give them a 3 - 0 win for me and then let them go and beat Boro and get away from us. Playing Boro in the Final is my first choice. If Brighton win, Boro will have 3 points out of 12 and the dreaded Play Offs to play against two teams that have nothing to lose.We do not want Brighton at Wembley.

Hull made six changes, but the previous game they made seven. You can't have it both ways.

From one person on their forum

Masterstroke by SB today at Bolton. Derby will have had spies watching this taking notes and making assessments on how to counteract our style of play and what our players can do. Derby have learned **** all about us today in our current form. That was a League Cup team and nothing like what will face them in the play-off games. Todays game and the Rotherham game next week are meaningless, there is a far bigger prize on offer so why would anyone give the advantage to an opponent by playing their strongest hand so that it could be picked apart and analysed ready for the important games. I don't believe that momentum counts for anything as momentum usually stops at some point. What really counts is keeping the squad fit, keeping our tactics and game plan under wraps and keeping Derby guessing. That what we achieved today.

Personally against Brighton, i would start Bent and leave Martin out completely- he is too important for our style of play to risk getting injured, rest Thorne and give Will more game time, Buxton for Shackell or Keogh, Hanson for Christie, Blackman for  Ince, Camara for Russell ,if fit Johnson and Butterfield in midfield and rest Bryson- assuming league rules "playing strongest team available" would allow it ?

All well and good saying that Hull rested however many players but I seem to remember us resting a few away at Leeds. A few weeks and a few poor results later and Clement was out on his arse. A relatively poor result can easily see it become a bit of a habit.

To be clear I don't necessarily think it'll be an easy tie and I haven't booked my train down to London yet but I don't think resting players is a good idea at this stage of the season for any team.

14 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Masterstroke by SB today at Bolton. Derby will have had spies watching this taking notes and making assessments on how to counteract our style of play and what our players can do. Derby have learned **** all about us today in our current form. That was a League Cup team and nothing like what will face them in the play-off games. Todays game and the Rotherham game next week are meaningless, there is a far bigger prize on offer so why would anyone give the advantage to an opponent by playing their strongest hand so that it could be picked apart and analysed ready for the important games. I don't believe that momentum counts for anything as momentum usually stops at some point. What really counts is keeping the squad fit, keeping our tactics and game plan under wraps and keeping Derby guessing. That what we achieved today.

Because teams can switch on and switch off at will - also, haven't we already learned how to destroy Hull?

I think the above comment proves one thing only - there are thick people in East Yorkshire too.

19 minutes ago, McLovin said:

There's literally around 40 games from just this season our scouting team can watch of Hull, hardly a "masterstroke" to just not turn up in one game.

Archived