Help for Russell Adrian Sims

The_Sheriff

Hey guys,

Can anybody help me out in knowing the best way to get a signed Johnny Russell shirt?

I have had the worse days of my life my Dad passed away a few days ago at the age of 51 after a long battle with Prostate cancer.

My Dad was a huge Derby supporter and is the reason i have inherited his addiction of the club. I was extremely close to him and have many, many memories with him especially with Derby. He took me to my first game, bought me season tickets when i was younger and seen us triumph and fall at the new Wembley. It's going to be painful not seeing him before the game on Saturdays or talking about it after and I know i will never be as happy in life without him. He has programmes dated from way back in the 70s and has told me all sorts of stories of games he went to about watching Derby when we were in the lower leagues to the top. He was an extremely loyal supporter and I have told him i will now have to cheer for him now he is in peace. 

I now want to try give him a cracking send off at his funeral and a signed Johnny Russell shirt would be brilliant. The reason this shirt would be perfect is because his favourite number is 11. His first name is Russell and also he rated Johnny as one of our best players.

If anyone could help me out we would all be extremely grateful. 

https://www.facebook.com/russ.sims64?pnref=story

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear that @Simsy.

Maybe an email to the club to see what they can sort out for you. They are normally very supportive at times like this, and I am sure they will try and help you with your request.

derby.county@dcfc.co.uk is the clubs email address. 

Sorry to hear your sad news, I'm not sure what time players usually arrive on match day at iPro so maybe 10.30 next Saturday? I don't know any other way (maybe try and tweet Johnny Russell? He'll read it I'm sure.)

Stay strong lad

Awful news, and I am so sorry for your loss.

As others have said, email or ring the club - I am sure that they will do everything in their power to help you out with your request.

In 2013 I sent my uncles home shirt to the training ground to get signed, within a week it was sent back fully signed no problems.

Just send them a letter and they'll be fine about it, guaranteed.

Moor Farm Training Ground, Morley Rd, Derby DE21 4TB

Sad news mate, my thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

I'm sure the club will accommodate you in your pursuit of the shirt, I would have recommended contacting him on twitter, Johnny is a good fella and I'm sure he would help.

6 hours ago, Simsy said:

Hey guys,

Can anybody help me out in knowing the best way to get a signed Johnny Russell shirt?

I have had the worse days of my life my Dad passed away a few days ago at the age of 51 after a long battle with Prostate cancer.

My Dad was a huge Derby supporter and is the reason i have inherited his addiction of the club. I was extremely close to him and have many, many memories with him especially with Derby. He took me to my first game, bought me season tickets when i was younger and seen us triumph and fall at the new Wembley. It's going to be painful not seeing him before the game on Saturdays or talking about it after and I know i will never be as happy in life without him. He has programmes dated from way back in the 70s and has told me all sorts of stories of games he went to about watching Derby when we were in the lower leagues to the top. He was an extremely loyal supporter and I have told him i will now have to cheer for him now he is in peace. 

I now want to try give him a cracking send off at his funeral and a signed Johnny Russell shirt would be brilliant. The reason this shirt would be perfect is because his favourite number is 11. His first name is Russell and also he rated Johnny as one of our best players.

If anyone could help me out we would all be extremely grateful. 

https://www.facebook.com/russ.sims64?pnref=story

Sorry to hear about your dad, Simsy.

Go down to training with a shirt and pen, presumably when they are at the Academy (ask first). Ask the desk if you can approach Darren Wassall and get his permission to ask Johnny, who will definitely oblige, would be my tactics.

Or leave the shirt and pen with a letter similar to this post at the office at IPro and ask them to ask to ask Johnny to sign it for pick up by a certain date. They may train tomorrow morning  (ask first)

Sorry for your loss..... Really hope the club can help you out in anyway possible..... And I'm sure by the responses you're getting we will try too

Its a very strange feeling if you have a match day routine lasting years with your father and then one day he isnt there anymore, the first few games after my fathers passing for me felt very weird.

Im sure any contact with the club, like Jed or if Vicars or Sam get hold of your request it will get sorted out.

We once bought my brother Jim Smiths autobiography, and as this was in his later years, with the Riggotts being family friends meant we had a perfect way to get it signed by Jim himself :)

I know what you are going through Simsy, I lost my mum on Mother's Day after a year long fight with pancreatic cancer which then spread to the liver, worst day of my life. Thoughts are with you, stay strong at these difficult times. Thoughts are with you 

Archived