OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/24/update-tim-sherwood-clear-favourite-for-derby-job/

The 47-year-old is the bookies' favourite to land the Derby County role.

Tim Sherwood is clear favourite to be appointed Derby County manager, according to Sky Bet.

The 47-year-old has been out of management since he was sacked by Aston Villa - who have since been relegated from the Premier League - back in October.

Nevertheless, quite a bit of money seems to have gone on the former Tottenham Hotspur boss, whose odds for the role are as short as 6/5.

Current Rams boss Darren Wassall is rated at 9/2, as is Birmingham City manager Gary Rowett, whereas David Moyes is 8/1 as speculation continues to link him with a return to Everton.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

29,000 for a playoff semi. Will drop lower with wassall in charge for certain! 

Well nearly 30000 but I'm not clutching at straws , nothing to do with the wassall fact probably more to do with being a 12.30 Saturday kick off on the t.v and not finding out when and who we were playing untill 2 days before . 

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Like I said, I can't foresee the future. I really wish I could.

If I could foresee the future, I would have told you O'Dowda had ridiculous wage demands prior to joining and Mel Morris would reject Pearson's advances when his team reached out to hold talks.

I would have also told you Aitor Karanka would return to the Boro job days after walking out.

But as I can't see in to the future, I can't say with 100% certainty whether things will happen or not.

So have you heard something if so what or is it a hunch ?

4 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/24/update-tim-sherwood-clear-favourite-for-derby-job/

The 47-year-old is the bookies' favourite to land the Derby County role.

Tim Sherwood is clear favourite to be appointed Derby County manager, according to Sky Bet.

The 47-year-old has been out of management since he was sacked by Aston Villa - who have since been relegated from the Premier League - back in October.

Nevertheless, quite a bit of money seems to have gone on the former Tottenham Hotspur boss, whose odds for the role are as short as 6/5.

Current Rams boss Darren Wassall is rated at 9/2, as is Birmingham City manager Gary Rowett, whereas David Moyes is 8/1 as speculation continues to link him with a return to Everton.

That's not Bris, rather it's someone looking at one betting companies odds, then compiling a story around it.

I did enjoy reading that Pearson was 9/1, despite ruling himself out of the running, and the accompanying link indeed confirming he's ruled himself out, of the Aston Villa job!

2 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Well I'd rather have Wassell than Sherwood, anyone who wades through a pitch full of Hull fans at Hull to acknowledge his club's supporters has got something about him in my book.

Not enough to win though.

7 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Well nearly 30000 but I'm not clutching at straws , nothing to do with the wassall fact probably more to do with being a 12.30 Saturday kick off on the t.v and not finding out when and who we were playing untill 2 days before . 

Fair point but if we don't pick up points in the opening 5 games with wassall in charge fans will start to talk with their feet

If it is Wassal then this DCFC fan is behind him. If we can't get a Martin O Neil I'd rather we develop someone who loves the club and who got us in the play offs, more than most managers can achieve.

If we end up with  lower attendance then that's an added bonus - the ones that don't come back will be the ones who are negative all match and disappointed if they can't boo every match!

16 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

It's already been a week, and if it's going to take nearly another two weeks to interview a few people then how big is our list???

I don't think it works like a normal interview we have to go through, there's so much more stuff to go over in football, they have to go into a lot of detail of what their going to do and then there's other things like backroom staff etc. 

Its very tedious for us fans but serious money is being spent and they need to make sure they've got the right man.

I'm like you though and want to know who's coming in lol

2 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Fair point but if we don't pick up points in the opening 5 games with wassall in charge fans will start to talk with their feet

As they would under any coach, just look at how 5k came back when DCFC starting winning loads of games under Mc.

Just now, deanoakaram4life said:

Probably so , and I like us to get of to a good start too , just as long as we don't draw our first 5 games 1-1 we should be OK :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Nishfan said:

If it is Wassal then this DCFC fan is behind him. If we can't get a Martin O Neil I'd rather we develop someone who loves the club and who got us in the play offs, more than most managers can achieve.

If we end up with  lower attendance then that's an added bonus - the ones that don't come back will be the ones who are negative all match and disappointed if they can't boo every match!

Good managers develop clubs  not clubs develop managers ,,, just my opinion ,,,, if that's the way Mel sees it then he definitely has it the wrong way round in my view ,, but it may be looking that way in terms of two novices in a row , does Mel want to develop a manager rather than get a good manager and let him develop the club ,,,, if so that's a big worry

This is my first on this board. Usually go on another.. I understand sometimes Mel checks in here though. 

Appointing wassall would be an absolute disaster for the club. 

We can say that he's inexperienced or whatever but he made mistakes during the short period of time in charge that some of us normal fans wouldn't normally make. 

He comes across as a nice bloke and am sure he's great for the academy but he's just not right to take us forward. 

Imagine the scene if we get off to a ropey start. The fans will turn and the atmosphere will be toxic. 

I went to both hull games. And as good as we were in the second game the first performance and some others were totally unacceptable. 

From what ive been told. Wassall is not getting the job. 

I have no idea who is or where we are with it. 

But I heard at the weekend that Wassall would not get the job. 

No reason why things would have changed. Ill be really angry if they have. 

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Please god let Mackworth be right. 

PistoldPete2
9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I am not ITK at all but i think if they were going to give him the job, they would have done it by now.

Over the next few days and weeks we are going to hear loads of ITK (not a dig at bris or mackworth) who have been told by various people that it's all done and dusted and then it doesn't come to plan.

i once got told (and posted on the old DET board) by a good friend who had (at the time) connections well placed at DCFC and he told me 100% that we had signed Billy Jones (then of Crewe) and another youngster, all signed sealed and ready to announce and also we had signed Leon Knight.........

14 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

95% spot on so fingers crossed! @SuperDerbySuperRams, I know you wanted to remain tight lipped on the manager front but have you heard anything on this?

21 minutes ago, Popside said:

This is my first on this board. Usually go on another.. I understand sometimes Mel checks in here though. 

Appointing wassall would be an absolute disaster for the club. 

We can say that he's inexperienced or whatever but he made mistakes during the short period of time in charge that some of us normal fans wouldn't normally make. 

He comes across as a nice bloke and am sure he's great for the academy but he's just not right to take us forward. 

Imagine the scene if we get off to a ropey start. The fans will turn and the atmosphere will be toxic. 

I went to both hull games. And as good as we were in the second game the first performance and some others were totally unacceptable. 

Welcome to dcfcfans, Popside. There are a lot of very good posters on here and the level of humour can be very high.

Archived