OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

When Mourinho goes to Manure he will take his lieutenant... whats his name Rui Faria? That would mean Giggs would have to seriously look at his position there. He may decide it's time for his first managerial role? I'm not saying it would happen and I certainly wouldn't want him at our great club. But do people think Morris would take another gamble on an untried manager?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Yani P said:

Another day similar market - Sherwood solid but odds against shows by no means nailed on, Wassall shortened but only because of the Pearson situation, Moyes in the market again after being odds on for Villa

Tim Sherwood 11/8

Darren Wassall 3

Gary Rowett 5

David Moyes 7

Mark Warburton 8

Nigel Pearson 8

Roberto Martinez 10

Are these the odds for the new Rammie? Might have a flutter on Pearson but only on the proviso that Rammie changes to Ozzie (End) the Ostrich.

Martinez smacks a lot of Mac to me, had success at a club (winning the FA cup with a rugby league town is something) whilst also struggling at others. Plays attacking football. Wouldn't be against him.

The more I think about it, there are several names I wouldn't mind. Martinez, Pearson, Moyes, Rowett. Any of those I would be interested to see what they bring. Wassall needs to stay in our academy. I would say become number 2, but that may be a bit of a weird step back having been number 1 for months.

6 minutes ago, ashram said:

Do people think Morris would take another gamble on an untried manager?

I think he would. He's set on how he thinks the club should be run and it's more likely new managers will buy into that. Experienced heads will want to do what's worked for them before.

8 hours ago, cannable said:

What even is an 'experienced manager'?

McClaren's an experienced manager and yet he was too nicey… which I believe is what people have the problem with, isn't it?

And I always got the impression that Clement was uber professional and took no *****. But people pick on his inexperience? 

David Wagner from Huddersfield's a shout I've seen that I wouldn't be against. Possession football, from the back, high intensity trying to press as high up the pitch as possible, wants his players uber fit. Bryson would be a wet dream for him. 

Why no manager is the perfect fit 101

The problem is, a manager is perceived as being only as good as his last job.

The bigger problem is that he is perceived as being as bad as his worst job.

It is obvious from this thread that there is no clear choice of preferred manager among Derby fans. We all seem to be kicking around two or three or even more names. That being the case I was interested to read a piece in the DET.

I haven't got the link here but Richard Keogh is basically saying regarding the Hull second leg game that "The critics drove us on". This for me is the problem that the new manager/coach, whoever he may be, has to address. Derby players should not need outsiders, critics, to "drive them on". Surely personal ambition, professional pride and an absolute desire to do the best for your family, club & fans should "drive" them on.

Until this is spelled out to this group in no uncertain terms they will continue to fall short. I believe and hope the penny may have dropped judging by Russell's post match mood but either way the new guy needs to be inspirational, not a bully but inspirational!

Over to you Mel & Sam and all the best with your choice. It ain't going to be easy.

12 hours ago, Yani P said:

Another day similar market - Sherwood solid but odds against shows by no means nailed on, Wassall shortened but only because of the Pearson situation, Moyes in the market again after being odds on for Villa

Tim Sherwood 11/8

Darren Wassall 3

Gary Rowett 5

David Moyes 7

Mark Warburton 8

Nigel Pearson 8

Roberto Martinez 10

What no Olly?

2 hours ago, toddy said:

Now there's a coach that makes even Clement look like he played all out attacking football. .....

Di Matteo please no.

Commit yourself now, because if you do not want a manager of Di Matteo's quality and pedigree for Derby County, then you are batshit insane.

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I haven't got the link here but Richard Keogh is basically saying regarding the Hull second leg game that "The critics drove us on". This for me is the problem that the new manager/coach, whoever he may be, has to address. Derby players should not need outsiders, critics, to "drive them on". Surely personal ambition, professional pride and an absolute desire to do the best for your family, club & fans should "drive" them on.

Until this is spelled out to this group in no uncertain terms they will continue to fall short. I believe and hope the penny may have dropped judging by Russell's post match mood but either way the new guy needs to inspirational, not a bully but inspirational!

Over to you Mel & Sam and all the best with your choice. It ain't going to be easy.

Whilst I agree I think the absolute hammering they got after that 0-3 result in the first leg must have had an effect. It's only natural to respond when someone like Holloway is going to town in the media and not necessarily something that is consistent over the course of a season. 

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Commit yourself now, because if you do not want a manager of Di Matteo's quality and pedigree for Derby County, then you are batshit insane.

Hardly, Di Matteo is being linked to Villa recently so it doesn't look like his is that highly rated.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Whilst I agree I think the absolute hammering they got after that 0-3 result in the first leg must have had an effect. It's only natural to respond when someone like Holloway is going to town in the media and not necessarily something that is consistent over the course of a season. 

Understand what you are saying but this group has to be lifted (inspired) to a more intensive regular performance level. 

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It is obvious from this thread that there is no clear choice of preferred manager among Derby fans. We all seem to be kicking around two or three or even more names. That being the case I was interested to read a piece in the DET.

Until this is spelled out to this group in no uncertain terms they will continue to fall short. I believe and hope the penny may have dropped judging by Russell's post match mood but either way the new guy needs to be inspirational, not a bully but inspirational!

Must admit my first thoughts on reading Keogh's comments were along the same lines - they managed to raise their game after being thoroughly embarrassed and slaughtered in the media - well ain't that great. Unfortunately, they had to do that after one of the most inept perfomances ever seen in the first leg - it's one of the reasons I don't think Wasser is the right man on a permanent basis (alongside lack of tactical nous and poor decision making). The players should have been up for the home leg as a matter of personal pride and desire - and the manager should have overseen that. They both failed miserably and that's a big worry for the future....

I also think that they ramped up the notion that we had to win the home leg and when Hill got the first they stopped believing.

Wassall should have a) had them believing we'd won at hull before and would again and b) that we've put six past hull in the league and we can score plenty past them in the play off. Instead we had a first goal is everything mentality. That play off first leg lost him the job, even if Mel wanted to give it him.

16 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Hardly, Di Matteo is being linked to Villa recently so it doesn't look like his is that highly rated.

what?

why do you think Villa want him? What do you think Villa want to achieve next season?

Archived