OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It was Brendan Rodgers who got Swansea promoted.

Martinez got Swansea promoted to the Championship IIRC. He also jumped ship like a flash for a top flight job.

IIRC he stated he would not leave Swansea unless they wanted him to leave...he was duly given permission to speak to Wigan.

1 minute ago, Saturn5 said:

Facebook Twitter and forums all full of itk fans at the moment

Heard some brilliant ones 

Great init. ;) 

41 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Wassall over Rowett??? Jeeeeeeze

Gary Rowett's win-loss record overall is not only inferior to Darren Wassall, in their like-for-like appointment (Burton Albion), it is inferior to Nigel Clough.

/just saying

5 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Robinson turns down leeds

Moyes turns down villa.

Are they waiting for THAT phone call???

"Hi, Fawaz here, did you know that Notts Forest are a famous team and we're totally not going to be in a transfer embargo as soon as the eight million squillion quid come in from ma Greek buddie. I'm totally sure you are the right man to manager for me. I don't even need you for interview I know you are the one to take Forest to the promised land."

"<silence>"

"Well, you didn't have to be rude. Billy Davies is better than you anyway"

3 hours ago, Reithe glas said:

Not really fair to pigeon hole O'Neill's football as "direct" with all it's connotations. Didn't Redknapp say we were taking too long to get the ball forward? One of the first things he changed. O'Neill would be a great choice. People need to get a bit real, you don't get out of this division trying to play like a Barcelona b team.

I think it is fair to categorize O'Neill's football as direct, maybe not quite as direct a previous ROI manager, but 'low risk' orientated nonetheless.  And that's fine, he is working with limited players by international standards, and it may well work in the championship too.  But my point is that in my opinion that's not what Mel is looking for.  There is a huge difference between O'Neill's teams and Barcelona b, and somewhere between the two would suit just nicely.  Like Swansea, or Bournemouth.  You don't have to hoof and kick your way out of the championship either. 

Archived