OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rammeister said:

I've changed my mind. 

Didn't Wassall to get the job permanently but can see he has been on a steep learning curve and things are improving.

I also think he deserves a lot of credit for coming through a particularly tough start especially the abuse hurled in his direction post Rotherham and Shackellgate.

Not sure Rodgers is the man- look at how Liverpool are playing since he LEFT under Klopp.

As for Rowett- is he any better that Wassall?

Warburton- good- but surely will want to give Celtic a run for their money- plus he has a 50% chance of winning the league.

Pearson- would have been my choice- definitely not Mel's though as logically he would have appointed him when Clement left wouldn't he?

Think he's still being paid by Leic's, gardening leave or summat like that, so cannot take a job till the summer.

33 minutes ago, Ramzabac said:

Rodgers with Wassell as his Assistant. 

if I was Wassall and had this team of misfits up from a position of plummetting down the league, to the verge of promotion then being told someone else was coming in, and I was expected to be his assistant, I'd tell Mel where to stick his assistants job - and join a club who wanted me to be their HEAD coach.

Secondly, it wont ever happen, if Rodgers was coming in, he would bring his own team of assistants and coaches he can trust.

20 hours ago, Rampage said:

If I were you I would take them back now.

He spent £23 million on Academy. Won the U21 League. In the Play Offs. Bought the Club and ground. No debt. 30,000 every week. Best pitch in world being laid for next year. £25 million on players. Not happy with entertainment value of team so sacked the manager (not cheap). The guy is the best thing that has happened to us in donkeys years. We had been paying the stadium off for 20 years!!!

Mel,,.What a guy!.

Just one thing,Mel. What have you done with Rampage?

The only manager on the Planet who wants, as first choice to play 'The Derby Way' is Darren Wassall, so it is his job until it goes badongaceous.

It is not going badongaceous at present, so all is well.

You have made DCFC look like a proper team Darren. Well done.COYR

Lets see how he sets up Saturday. His biggest challenge so far. Will he go toe to toe or play it cautious as Macca and Clem would have.

If we come out either with a good performance and a narrow loss or a point or 3 all bodes well. If we lose badly (as per Wolves, QPR and Cardiff) then you have to question his ability long term to match it with the big boys. We have the players but they need a manager who can get that extra 5% out of them that you need when playing the big boys. They did show that against Hull and Wednesday but Brighton away is a daunting prospect at the moment.

I think Brighton is a very difficult game for us.

Probably feels more so as the week has gone on.

Its great we have kept the momentum going on this little run of ours for as long as we have.

But in this long week without a game, its going to be so hard to not be thinking of the playoffs and preparing for Hull now its virtually confirmed. Brighton on the other hand are on a great run themselves and can see that automatic promotion carrot just infront of their noses. If any team is not gonna be 100% at it for this game it will be Derby not brighton.

On 4/24/2016 at 22:25, TheDeadlySaul said:

Whose that manager who got a failing team playing great football, secured their play-off place, got the best out of there best players and still has a big chance of gaining promotion? because I want him. 

Harry then?

My concern with Wassall is his ability to win the important games consistently. Had some good results recently, but I would argue that with that squad, beating Bolton, Charlton and Bristol City is the bare minimum we should expect.

He has of course had some good results (Brentford away, Hull at home, Forest was a scrappy game but we ground a result out) but he has fallen short in several key games (Cardiff away, Sheff Weds, although maybe we were unlucky not to win that one). 

He has to change his views about formation and shape; they are the complete opposite of irrelevant, therefore they are unirrelevant ;) but seriously, sides that are built from the back and are disciplined tend to do well in this league, and those who are less so tend to struggle. 

Going against the tide I know..but least I'm not hiding waiting for DW's first stumble, to then come out of the woodwork. Unfair you may say; but I have a 'he can't win' mindset. If we don't go up then it proves he hasn't got what it takes. If we do go up great, but I still don't believe he's then the man to attract and manage the players that would turn us into a Southampton or West Ham with Europa League intentions. Sorry, but look at the managers that Southampton and Leicester have attracted, we should be looking at that level.

Err....however...I'm not so blinkered though that I don't feel a bit more doubtful when I see names like Hoddle and Lambert thrown into the pot!!

Archived