OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Well for one ryan giggs has learnted from the very best in sir alex fergson. When he stepped down ryan giggs took over and won those remaining games. He got spot some good young players.

Clement learnt under an even better manager than Ferguson tactically in Carlo Ancelotti 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, B4ev6is said:

Well for one ryan giggs has learnted from the very best in sir alex fergson. When he stepped down ryan giggs took over and won those remaining games. He got spot some good young players.

Come on b4. Not only is he unproven- inexperienced in the championship and as a manager. But it could affect chris martin massively. I mean if clement got his way then I suspect Giggs would get a go. :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

So did Roy Keane, he's hardly been a managerial success. 

11 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Paul Ince did too.

Wassall and Dyche, AND Nigel, learnt under Brian Clough... it doesn't make them good managers.

29 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

So on the vast list of candidates 

O'Neill - International to Championship via the euros, can't see the FAI letting him go that easily as this is the first major tournament they have been in since 2002

what ever the decision is Mel & Sam have a massive decision and i doubt we will hear untill next month 

Euro 2012's?

17 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

He will be part of the process, yes, and rightly so. 

When would you expect we'll hear something, SDSR?

...also, I dare you to give some names. Double dare you in fact ;) 

25 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

He will be part of the process, yes, and rightly so. 

just hope if he doen't get the job he stays and continues in the academy role 

however this seldom happens

56 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Just another thing, I've seen loads of people moaning on here and on Twitter that Mel and Sam aren't doing their jobs properly and that they should have made a statement by now. Let me assure you, the process is well underway and people at the club are working so hard to get the right man appointed. There is a shortlist and an interview process but I don't want to go into the names I've heard as it doesn't feel right to be honest. 

Hold tight, but don't think the board aren't working their socks off to get someone appointed, and the right man appointed, because they are.

Are any of the names that you've heard currently contracted to other clubs? Do you have any inkling about how long the process is expected to take? I understand you don't want to discuss names but any hints at all would be welcome.

7 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I think with Pearson so heavily linked with Villa that goes against him coming here.

For me I would want a manager who solely wants the Derby Job. If Pearson has the attitude of 'either will do' then no thanks.

Or a manager that is wanted by other clubs is surely a good sign? If he had offers from more than one club and chose to come here it would say more than a manager with one offer who may have just accepted it because it's his only option.

12 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I think with Pearson so heavily linked with Villa that goes against him coming here.

For me I would want a manager who solely wants the Derby Job. If Pearson has the attitude of 'either will do' then no thanks.

So you only want Wassall then, as I'm sure any manager out there except him would be looking at his options, or at least his agent will.

Archived