OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

10 hours ago, Cisse said:

I hope we get some talented foreign guy with some experience and I want him in next week at the latest.

I'm not quite sure why someone's place of birth would be considered as a factor when appointing a manager?!

Only thing I can really think of US that you would want someone that can speak the same language as the players. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only think that Pearson and Mel Morris would be a bad fit. Can't see Pearson allowing MM into the dressing room for a good rant. 

I could be wrong but I just get the impression that MM wants a yes man. Pearson most certainly isn't that. Wassall on the other hand.

45 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not quite sure why someone's place of birth would be considered as a factor when appointing a manager?!

Only thing I can really think of US that you would want someone that can speak the same language as the players. 

The reason I would like a foreign guy in charge is that I don't think we can get a good enough British bloke to a Championship club. Also I wouldn't mind if we got someone who got the knowledge of foreign players worth bringing in.

1 minute ago, Cisse said:

The reason I would like a foreign guy in charge is that I don't think we can get a good enough British bloke to a Championship club. Also I wouldn't mind if we got someone who got the knowledge of foreign players worth bringing in.

i'm with you brother, British Managers are overrated like the players, you pay a good 50% more for British players than more talented foreign players, look at our recent history, Stimac, Eranio, Wanchope, Horacio Carbonari, and none of them could speak good English but performed like gods, you have to go down to Stoke(9th) this year for the top performing british manager.

you have to embrace foreign managers :D

In most countries in Europe people can speak decent/good English so I don't see the language as a problem to find a manager. I think it has become a big problem that British players and managers are often overpriced. I believe you could do finds like Sami Hyypiä with similar price tags from all over Europe and world with better knowledge of foreign players. That's why I think we should really concentrate in finding these gems in our scouting.

1 minute ago, Cisse said:

In most countries in Europe people can speak decent/good English so I don't see the language as a problem to find a manager. I think it has become a big problem that British players and managers are often overpriced. I believe you could do finds like Sami Hyypiä with similar price tags from all over Europe and world with better knowledge of foreign players. That's why I think we should really concentrate in finding these gems in our scouting.

Sami Hyypia the player, not manager I take it?

1 hour ago, StockholmRam said:

I can only think that Pearson and Mel Morris would be a bad fit. Can't see Pearson allowing MM into the dressing room for a good rant. 

I could be wrong but I just get the impression that MM wants a yes man. Pearson most certainly isn't that. Wassall on the other hand.

Simple solution to this would be for Mel to leave Pearson to it,he doesn't have to be interfering when he's got somebody that knows what he's doing,like that clown at scummy Leeds.

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I am probably being thick but what exactly has Tim Sherwood done to put some of you off him?

He had the audacity to take on difficult jobs and not succeed. 

I quite like him to be honest, I've no knowledge of his playstyle but he seems a passionate guy. 

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I am probably being thick but what exactly has Tim Sherwood done to put some of you off him?

He done nothing, literally nothing.

That's the problem, compared to most others on the bookies list he's achieved absolutely nowt as a manager.

If we wanted to make an unpopular choice, then I'd stick with Wassall, who for me hasn't done a lot wrong and is at least as deserving of the job as Sherwood is.

Archived