A Simple Darren Wassall Poll

robglosta

Wembley - Contract?  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just don't know ! Simply because we don't know how much influence Arry has had. Is the change in spirit, form and tactics down to

A)  First few game Clement hang over shaken off ... OR

B) Once 'Arry pointed out the blindingly obvious we then started to play like we know we can 

so when Harry goes will we slip back to passing across the back and throwing away 3 goal leads or not ?

if its A then give DW a contract but we won't know until it's all rosy and wonderful or not as the case may be. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems the BBC wants to give the credit for our upturn to Harry. 

The article threw up an amusing image of my mind of Harry trying to talk to George and him simply turning round and walking off!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36111671

Derby midfielder George Thorne says he still cannot bear to talk to Harry Redknapp about their 2014 play-off final defeat by QPR, despite the ex-Rangers boss now working for the Rams.

QPR won the Wembley final 1-0 and promotion to the Premier League.

Seven Derby players from that final are part of the squad which has secured a place in this season's play-offs.

"We don't talk about it too much because it is a bitter memory for us," Thorne told BBC East Midlands Today.

"He said to me that he thought I played well (at Wembley), but I didn't want to continue the conversation."

Since Redknapp joined Derby as a football advisor in March, the East Midlands side have won five of their six games.

And Thorne said the Rams, who finished outside the top six last season, feel they have "unfinished business at Wembley".

Tuesday's win over Bristol City, which took their winning run to four games, confirmed their play-offs place with three games left.

Two of their remaining matches are against potential play-off opponents as they host sixth-placed Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday before travelling to Brighton next week.

"The three games now are about building momentum and maintain the winning streak that we have got going," Thorne added.

"Two years ago we took a lot of momentum into the semi-finals and I do believe that was a help to us.

On 4/20/2016 at 21:09, Jon_Grooves said:

Has he really though? Ive only been to one game since Wassall was in charge and even though we won (against forest), wre werent great. Not sure about recent performances as I havent been to watch any but I dont think weve been playing great football have we?!

Get Ramsplayer J_G,  for £50  a year. All 46 games about three days late. Bargain

20 minutes ago, Papahet said:

No and I don't for one minute believe we'd have secured play off's without the help of Redknapp.

People are forgetting the MK, Wolves, QPR and Rotherham games and his post match (over enthusiastic) comments.

Neither you, nor I, know the full extent of Harry Redknapp's influence one way or the other. Why do people wish to lay all the credit at his door, when it's just as likely to be a team effort? Perhaps it's just down to the fact that Craig Bryson is fit again and the team has reverted to playing a tried and tested way that suits the players?

4 hours ago, Rampage said:

Get Ramsplayer J_G,  for £50  a year. All 46 games about three days late. Bargain

Its not the same watching a full match once its finished though is it. Well i certainly cant be arsed to sit through a game i know the score of

3 minutes ago, Jon_Grooves said:

Its not the same watching a full match once its finished though is it. Well i certainly cant be arsed to sit through a game i know the score of

Every man to his own but do not knock it if you have not tried it J_G. I am about to watch the game against Bristol City on Ramsplayer. It would have cost me more to go to the Bristol City match than to buy Ramsplayer for the year.

4 hours ago, eddie said:

Neither you, nor I, know the full extent of Harry Redknapp's influence one way or the other. Why do people wish to lay all the credit at his door, when it's just as likely to be a team effort? Perhaps it's just down to the fact that Craig Bryson is fit again and the team has reverted to playing a tried and tested way that suits the players?

Bryson has been the catalyst for an increase in tempo.

The side plays best when it passes quickly and pressures opponents into mistakes.

I think Martin and Shackell got their heads down a bit when it looked like we might miss the play-offs.

Now they look like they have their appetites back.

There is a danger in getting carried away with victories against Bolton, Charlton and Bristol City, all of whom give teams room in which to play.

We won't be afforded that in the play-offs

46 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Bryson has been the catalyst for an increase in tempo.

The side plays best when it passes quickly and pressures opponents into mistakes.

I think Martin and Shackell got their heads down a bit when it looked like we might miss the play-offs.

Now they look like they have their appetites back.

There is a danger in getting carried away with victories against Bolton, Charlton and Bristol City, all of whom give teams room in which to play.

We won't be afforded that in the play-offs

Hull, on the other hand...

And Bristol City, I think, did the double over Middlesbrough this season.

Interesting; around half of the people who have voted think he should be given a two year role, compared to those who don't.  I think this clearly indicates a lack of confidence in the experience that Wassall has, perhaps if Redknapp had been a factor in the poll the voting might have been different. Interesting, nonetheless.  

Thanks for voting! 

On 4/21/2016 at 13:47, curtains said:

It's the wrong time to ask about Wassall. 

But the question is if we get to the Final and lose should we keep Wassail so I answered NO but I would retain him at the club no doubt about that  .

Now if we get promoted that's a different matter but he would need Harry to help him or another experienced coach if Harry didn't want the job.

Its all hypothetical really as we  have achieved nothing yet  

Up the Rams . 

You'd retain him at the club for getting us to Wembley! That's good of you.

Beggars belief that some 'fans' still want DW out despite the fact he secured us a ply-off slot with 3 games still to go and has the team playing some of their best football in yonks. I swear some folk on here would still want the fella out if he took us to the Champions League final. Instead of just spouting about him not having enough experience / not being a good man manager / is too tanned / doesn't do media well how about offering some suggestions as to who would replace him.  

And to the so-called supporter who mooted that DW should not be forced out of the club if he gets us to Wembley (you figure?), do you have any idea how idiotic that sounds?  The question you should be asking is whether he would stay in any capacity should he get us to Wembley and NOT be offered the manager's job.  Might be that a few other clubs would fancy taking a punt on him given the manner in which he's revived the club's fortunes.  I just hope he doesn't read the utter bilge that gets posted on this 'fan's forum'.

8 hours ago, 86 points said:

Beggars belief that some 'fans' still want DW out despite the fact he secured us a ply-off slot with 3 games still to go and has the team playing some of their best football in yonks. I swear some folk on here would still want the fella out if he took us to the Champions League final. Instead of just spouting about him not having enough experience / not being a good man manager / is too tanned / doesn't do media well how about offering some suggestions as to who would replace him.  

And to the so-called supporter who mooted that DW should not be forced out of the club if he gets us to Wembley (you figure?), do you have any idea how idiotic that sounds?  The question you should be asking is whether he would stay in any capacity should he get us to Wembley and NOT be offered the manager's job.  Might be that a few other clubs would fancy taking a punt on him given the manner in which he's revived the club's fortunes.  I just hope he doesn't read the utter bilge that gets posted on this 'fan's forum'.

Are you mad. 

Do I have to like Wassall. 

Whats he done yet. 

Its all Harry. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Are you mad. 

Do I have to like Wassall. 

Whats he done yet. 

Its all Harry. 

He's taken a team that was slipping out of the play-offs and secured a slot with 3 games to spare. Neither you nor I know how much influence Harry's had. Your inability to even conceive of any benefit arising fro DW's input is laughable mate. Having copped a few of your posts recently however, I can't say I'm surprised. 

6 minutes ago, 86 points said:

He's taken a team that was slipping out of the play-offs and secured a slot with 3 games to spare. Neither you nor I know how much influence Harry's had. Your inability to even conceive of any benefit arising fro DW's input is laughable mate. Having copped a few of your posts recently however, I can't say I'm surprised. 

You are completely mad. 

I said I don't want Wassall to be given a 2 year deal if we fail at Wembley but I'd retain him at the club 

what's the big deal with that .

He didn't buy Butterfield or any of these Rams players did he. 

Olsson has been fantastic and he was a Clement signing as was Shackell.  .

Wassall is not the answer long term IMO. 

Why was Harry brought in answer that one. 

Why did Morris and Rush do that then if they had confidence in Wassall. 

30 minutes ago, curtains said:

Why was Harry brought in answer that one. 

Why did Morris and Rush do that then if they had confidence in Wassall. 

Could it be because a large number of fans were baying for blood after 4 games and this was to buy him some time? Which, if it was true, worked?

14 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Could it be because a large number of fans were baying for blood after 4 games and this was to buy him some time? Which, if it was true, worked?

I prefer to look at it another way. 

I think he needed help and Harry and Craig Short and Kevin Phillips etc have provided that. 

Now for the future if we get to the Premier League by winning the playoffs Darren will still need help as its a very difficult league as Billy Davies and Paul Jewell would I'm sure agree .

If we don't go up then Morris  and Rush have to decide on Rowett or someone else or retaining Wassall as manager or academy manager or even assistant manager etc etc 

But he would need help from Harry or someone else IMO 

Its my opinion no one else's  

Archived