A Simple Darren Wassall Poll

robglosta

Wembley - Contract?  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 minutes ago, curtains said:

You are completely mad. 

I said I don't want Wassall to be given a 2 year deal if we fail at Wembley but I'd retain him at the club 

what's the big deal with that .

He didn't buy Butterfield or any of these Rams players did he. 

Olsson has been fantastic and he was a Clement signing as was Shackell.  .

Wassall is not the answer long term IMO. 

Why was Harry brought in answer that one. 

Why did Morris and Rush do that then if they had confidence in Wassall. 

Wow. You're a sensitive petal aren't you? I'll answer your questions / points in the order you've put them;

You stated that DW should not be given the job but that he should be retained.  I'd have thought after 7 years good service and being at very least partly responsible for the recent upturn in form, that's sublimely obvious.

You seem to infer I'm knocking Clement or suggesting that DW is more competent - can you point out where I've criticised him or his signings?  Neither you nor I know the full reasoning behind his sacking but the team was playing dreadful football and plummeting out of the top 6 at the time which may have had something to do with it.

No he didn't buy any of the players for the simple reason that he was managing the U21's when they were bought.  He has overseen the development of some good young players however, Hughes, Hanson and co in case you are unaware of that fact.

Yes, I get that you don't think DW is the long term answer.  I suspect everyone does. It's just a shame you seem wholly unable to justify that opinion.

I'd assume that Harry was bought in to add some technical nous given his experience and possibly for his man-management skills but in truth (once again) neither you or I know for sure, the difference being I'm prepared to admit it.  

Feel free to stick me on your ignore list, by the way ;)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Wow. You're a sensitive petal aren't you? I'll answer your questions / points in the order you've put them;

You stated that DW should not be given the job but that he should be retained.  I'd have thought after 7 years good service and being at very least partly responsible for the recent upturn in form, that's sublimely obvious.

You seem to infer I'm knocking Clement or suggesting that DW is more competent - can you point out where I've criticised him or his signings?  Neither you nor I know the full reasoning behind his sacking but the team was playing dreadful football and plummeting out of the top 6 at the time which may have had something to do with it.

No he didn't buy any of the players for the simple reason that he was managing the U21's when they were bought.  He has overseen the development of some good young players however, Hughes, Hanson and co in case you are unaware of that fact.

Yes, I get that you don't think DW is the long term answer.  I suspect everyone does. It's just a shame you seem wholly unable to justify that opinion.

I'd assume that Harry was bought in to add some technical nous given his experience and possibly for his man-management skills but in truth (once again) neither you or I know for sure, the difference being I'm prepared to admit it.  

You are right lol. 

Over to Morris and Rush  

Good luck Darren today  

p03lggv4.jpg

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Are you mad. 

Do I have to like Wassall. 

Whats he done yet. 

Its all Harry. 

Sometimes, Curtains, you post a load of utter, unsubstantiated bullshit. The final three words cannot be determined one way or another, and any 'evidence' that you could possibly offer would be circumstantial at best, i.e. we won, therefore it's true.

44 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Arguing with Curtains is like trying to juggle with goldfish whilst trying to push a length of string uphill.

11 minutes ago, eddie said:

Arguing with Curtains is like trying to juggle with goldfish whilst trying to push a length of string uphill.

Indeed Eddie. Having been up all night it was an error of judgement even looking at this thread given I'm grumpy enough at the best of times!

I'd have to say no... I love his passion and he clearly loves the club but I do think Redknapp has helped the players and he's definitely in the changing rooms making his point clear, it's a tough one if we go up, I wouldn't be surprised to see Redknapp in charge next year and maybe Wassall as his assistant 

14 minutes ago, TopRam said:

I'd have to say no... I love his passion and he clearly loves the club but I do think Redknapp has helped the players and he's definitely in the changing rooms making his point clear, it's a tough one if we go up, I wouldn't be surprised to see Redknapp in charge next year and maybe Wassall as his assistant 

That would be my preferred choice.

I think Wassall would rather go back to being in charge of the academy than be asked to step down and assist his current assistant.

I cant think of anything more condescending!

Not only are you being told the club dont want you to be manager, they want your advisor to do your job, and you assist the current assistant?!!?!?

God rams fans really do suggest the most stupid things.

If the season started when Darren Wassall was made interim manager.

The league table would look like this :

http://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:championship/daterange/fromdate:2016-Feb-08/todate:2016-Jun-01/type:home-and-away/

Or for those who cant get the link to work, derby would be forth.

When you consider brighton have lost 1 game in that time, and Brighton 0, then I think it shows what a marvelous job DW has done. Worth the full time job if you ask me.

I've also just discovered DW has managed us for 14 games. he has 26 points.

In PCs first 14 matches Derby lost just one game and collected 27 points.

1 point difference lads and gents!

5 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

I think Wassall would rather go back to being in charge of the academy than be asked to step down and assist his current assistant.

I cant think of anything more condescending!

Not only are you being told the club dont want you to be manager, they want your advisor to do your job, and you assist the current assistant?!!?!?

God rams fans really do suggest the most stupid things.

Indeed we do - especially the one who first suggested to you that you sign up to dcfcfans.

:p

6 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

If the season started when Darren Wassall was made interim manager.

The league table would look like this :

http://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:championship/daterange/fromdate:2016-Feb-08/todate:2016-Jun-01/type:home-and-away/

Or for those who cant get the link to work, derby would be forth.

When you consider brighton have lost 1 game in that time, and Brighton 0, then I think it shows what a marvelous job DW has done. Worth the full time job if you ask me.

I've also just discovered DW has managed us for 14 games. he has 26 points.

In PCs first 14 matches Derby lost just one game and collected 27 points.

1 point difference lads and gents!

Just a shame we had a bad January we could still be battling for automatics. 

Archived