Mark Warburton

Nuwtfly

How would people feel about the possibility of him becoming our new boss? 

His managerial record is absolutely superb (51.28% win percentage at Brentford, 79.55% at Rangers so far) and, from what I can find, there are already two articles linking him with a move to the Rams.

Thoughts?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-derby-after-warburton-delaney-too-good-for-celtic-championship-title-race-not-over-1-4038375

http://videocelts.com/2016/04/blogs/latest-news/championship-club-planning-warbo-summer-swoop

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That first article is from end of Feb, and seems like a rumour mill type piece. The second is slightly more detailed, adding comments from Harry in Sept on "Warby".

Nothing here to suggest anything concrete, more speculation like with Rowett. I like Warburton as a manager, wouldn't say no, but not sure why he would not give Rangers a go in SPL next season 

I would like him to at least be approached to see if the job interests him. I'm a fan and would prefer him to Rowett or Pearson but then I'd prefer anybody over Pearson. 

The thought of him standing on the touchline with a Ram on his chest brings me out in hives. yikes.gif

1 minute ago, r4derby said:

That first article is from end of Feb, and seems like a rumour mill type piece. The second is slightly more detailed, adding comments from Harry in Sept on "Warby".

Nothing here to suggest anything concrete, more speculation like with Rowett. I like Warburton as a manager, wouldn't say no, but not sure why he would not give Rangers a go in SPL next season 

Apart from their massive "Derby" the SPL is very small beer. If his ambition is a potentially easy route to the champions league fair enough but there is little substance imo to Scottish football at the moment.

At least with us, he's got 46 games (assuming we don't go up) to prove himself. In the SPL, he's got 4.

I can't see why people see it as a great challenge to aspire to be the best team in such a rubbish league. Other than fan adulation for beating Celtic, what else is so great about it?.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

At least with us, he's got 46 games (assuming we don't go up) to prove himself. In the SPL, he's got 4.

I can't see why people see it as a great challenge to aspire to be the best team in such a rubbish league. Other than fan adulation for beating Celtic, what else is so great about it?.

Champions league. 

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think he'd jump at the chance to get back to the Championship. If Neil Lennon can go from Celtic and the Champions League to Bolton Wanderers then I reckon Mel and his millions could entice "Warby" away!

A bloody shame we'll be in the Premier League then.

There's a good interview with him in The Times today. 

I think he's pretty much committed to trying to give the Celtic scum a run for their money next season. 

I think next summer could be the time he returns to England. Probably the Championship, as PL clubs seem to be averse to appointing English managers. 

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Champions league. 

By that I take it you mean several qualifying rounds, followed by plucky performances but an early exit.

Horses for courses but that ambition wouldn't do it for me.

I think I'm right in thinking Rangers play Celtic tomorrow in the Irn Bru/Tattie Scone cup, hopefully they'll get humped and he'll think he's got no chance of competing for title and head south.

I don't know if Rangers have any money for transfers and ting so that could be a factor in him thinking he's took them as far as he can.

I'd have him here in a heartbeat and wanted him over PC but I can't see him not wanting to have a crack at overturning Celtic's dominance.  I know it's barely up to the standards of League 2 but if it gives you a (admittedly long-winded) way into the Champions League any manager would like to have a crack at it. 

That second article comes across as a bit of a p155 take from a Celtic perspective.  Probably trying to wind Gers fans up...

31 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

By that I take it you mean several qualifying rounds, followed by plucky performances but an early exit.

Horses for courses but that ambition wouldn't do it for me.

Yeah. Better to go to Derby and aim for promotion to the prem and avoiding relegation back down again. 

45 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think he'd jump at the chance to get back to the Championship. If Neil Lennon can go from Celtic and the Champions League to Bolton Wanderers then I reckon Mel and his millions could entice "Warby" away!

Yes and just look where Neil Lennon took Bolton and where he is now

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

How would people feel about the possibility of him becoming our new boss? 

His managerial record is absolutely superb (51.28% win percentage at Brentford, 79.55% at Rangers so far) and, from what I can find, there are already two articles linking him with a move to the Rams.

Thoughts?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-derby-after-warburton-delaney-too-good-for-celtic-championship-title-race-not-over-1-4038375

http://videocelts.com/2016/04/blogs/latest-news/championship-club-planning-warbo-summer-swoop

Never heard of him

Archived