Nottm Forest pledge to settle £90k Derby County bill in next 24 hours

Inglorius

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Srg said:

It clearly is petty on there side, and whilst I'm not entirely sure if it's even taken into consideration, it's not the smartest thing to be playing at when you're in an um bongo.

Totally tin pot...just shows exactly how far the mighty have fallen if they think that withholding a measly 90k will bother us.... What Mel should do is either go on Sky and say, "do you know what, they can keep it, we don't need it, we have plenty" or better still go on Sky when he gets the money with a cheque for 90k and donate it to a nottingham children's hospital and make them look even more tin pot than they are doing themselves. 

Sith Happens
30 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Thing is, it's all accounts payable that go through this with forest. Not a spite towards DCFC, just the....way...that they go about things.

You are right it happens again and again. The FL need to do something about it. Give him a warning and tell him if happens once more then points deduction.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Apparently they definatly put the cheque in the post.

Other possibilities....

1. The camel has eaten the invoce - please send another

2. Cousin Omar has to sign it off as well, and he is desperately ill in hospital with distemper

3. I heard on the radio that there is a postal strike in Nottingham. Yes, a very local one, probably just involving a single post box. Yes, that's right. The one next to Trent Bridge. It's been like that for 4 weeks.

4. OK, I do it now. Ooooooh sorry, the purchase order system has just crashed.

5. We have just had a new BACS system installed - I shall send it now. Check your account - not come through yet? Must be a problem with the link. I will get the bank on it now.

6.The invoice just missed the payment run by minutes. The next one is (checks calendar) July. 2019.

And of course

7. Second post not arrived?

42 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Guys have you ever tried to use PayPal?

Notoriously difficult. Im sure it was just an mix up on there

Ah, of course.

9. Sorry, effendi. Forgot password.

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

That'll be another winding up order...

Or maybe they can raise the cash with another one of these dinners they're holding with legends and charging stupid prices for a ticket.

Didn't the legends pull out because of how much they were charging? I know a few did.

So they didn't pay, then promised to pay on the 13th and didn't pay, so the Football League had to give us 90k out of their share?

Bloody hell the Football League isn't the mother of a misbehaving child, although Forest do need to go and sit on the naughty step...

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

So they didn't pay, then promised to pay on the 13th and didn't pay, so the Football League had to give us 90k out of their share?

Bloody hell the Football League isn't the mother of a misbehaving child, although Forest do need to go and sit on the naughty step...

I'd expect a good mother to do something more than bail out her naughty child.

Just now, GboroRam said:

I'd expect a good mother to do something more than bail out her naughty child.

I think the metaphor is that we are siblings arguing over sweets or something, which having thought about it I'm not comfortable with on any level.

Archived