Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

Yawn.

Our defensive record still stacks up but don't let facts get in the way of an opinion.

The DM position is key in this formation and the chopping and changing has affected this, put BJ back in there and we'll go back to keeping numerous clean sheets.

Exactly, we have a DM shielding our CBs.

Newcastle, Brighton and Wednesday who have a better defensive record don't play with a DM - Take away the DM and I guarantee we'll concede a load more goals.

All this ******** about 'the best defensive record until 2 games ago, 7 consecutive home clean sheets etc. is irrelevant when you're comparing to other teams.

21 hours ago, unclej said:

I dont think Richard had a bad game last night. He brought the ball out of defense very well and delivered it perfectly everytime to another player. Something our midfield could learn from. 

Sorry, I misread that as oppostion player. Ignore me :o

3 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

Newcastle, Brighton and Wednesday who have a better defensive record don't play with a DM - Take away the DM and I guarantee we'll concede a load more goals.

All this ******** about 'the best defensive record until 2 games ago, 7 consecutive home clean sheets etc. is irrelevant when you're comparing to other teams.

Just because on paper other teams don't have a DM doesn't mean they don't have one in practice… Isaac Hayden, Sam Hutchinson, Stephens and Kayal tend to act as pistons… 

5 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

I'll take SM's assessment of Keogh over yours if you don't mind.

Can't believe this thread is still going. Best CB performer for us since the promotion under Billy. 

Best player on the field Tuesday, no wonder he has started so many games for us. He does have a mistake in him but that's because so much is asked of him, often with the ball too. He does things no other CB in the league does with the ball, he can go past people and commit them, open space for our midfield. 

He's a crucial cog in our machine and is grossly underrated imo. Pearce is a great guy and until recently has had a great season. He's still a step below Keogh in quality. 

Problem is not the defence although they can't pass but hey, if they could they wouldn't be plying their trade in this division.

Having Butterfield in the lineup will cost us every game. He's a lightweight who offers close to zero going forward and less than zero defending. He's a major flaw to our defensive work. Otherwise it's the manager that's costing us. Throwing Leicester and then expecting 

On 16/02/2017 at 12:37, Animal is a Ram said:

2nd highest, after Alex Pearce. Who was mostly passing to Keogh.

Keogh to Peace, Pearce to Keogh for our attacking play, 88% accuracy. Wow we must scare the life out of the opposition.  Cardiff 4-0 up... Sheff We winning so we are really up against it 

57 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Keogh to Peace, Pearce to Keogh for our attacking play, 88% accuracy. Wow we must scare the life out of the opposition.  Cardiff 4-0 up... Sheff We winning so we are really up against it 

What are we up against? We're not playing. Promotion wasn't a realistic goal after the state NP left us in. The fact SMC has got us anywhere close this season should be applauded and encouraging for next season. 

On 16/02/2017 at 19:04, Ninos said:

Problem is not the defence although they can't pass but hey, if they could they wouldn't be plying their trade in this division.

Having Butterfield in the lineup will cost us every game. He's a lightweight who offers close to zero going forward and less than zero defending. He's a major flaw to our defensive work. Otherwise it's the manager that's costing us. Throwing Leicester and then expecting 

Butters ran the show on Tuesday and instigated all three goals against Bristol…

5 hours ago, cannable said:

Butters ran the show on Tuesday and instigated all three goals against Bristol…

Your joking?

Goal one, quality Baird cross instigated. Not sure who passed to Baird but he was in space.

Goal two, Nugent to Anya, quality cross from byeline to Ince header.

Goal three, Butters pass to Ince who takes three touches and a Cruyff turn before the trip.

Saying Butters instigated is well and truly clutching at straws....

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

Your joking?

Goal one, quality Baird cross instigated. Not sure who passed to Baird but he was in space.

Goal three, Butters pass to Ince who takes three touches and a Cruyff turn before the trip.

'All' Hughes does is find players in decent positions who can then do something… 'all' Thorne does is play passes through the thirds… nah mate. You sound bitter. 

Even if you don't rate him give credit where credit's due.

11 hours ago, rammieib said:

Your joking?

Goal one was a really nice first time reverse ball out wide from Butts.

8 hours ago, cannable said:

'All' Hughes does is find players in decent positions who can then do something… 'all' Thorne does is play passes through the thirds… nah mate. You sound bitter. 

Even if you don't rate him give credit where credit's due.

I thought he did well against Cardiff. More direct. Too many touches though, doesn't press (so doesn't fit McClarens style) and doesn't get in the box.

Hughes moves the ball on first time and has greater vision. Butterfield runs head down for me.

I want us to do well, I don't think we will reach the heights of where we aspire to be with Butterfield. That's not bitter, that's just an opinion.

Just now, cosmic said:

A big "couldn't give a **** what you think, mate" from Keogh to this thread:

http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-skipper-richard-keogh-hits-back-at-his-critics/story-30147236-detail/story.html

Sounded pretty grounded to me and realises both the range of opinion and that often there's little you can do to change people's opinions. 

Didn't know the bit about 'arry but fair play to Richard - had no idea he had so many apps for us. Incredible resilience to not get injured /dropped in all those seasons.

Love his ambition. Hope that he takes us up as skipper. He's earned it.

Archived