Team Morale

Jon_Grooves

Ive just watched Scott Carsons post match interview from Cardiff and he looks like a broken man. I know hes not the best on camera but he looks so deflated.

I think a lot of people thought Barkers testimonial had improved happiness or whatever but some of the players really didnt look interested. Bent stood out for me that night as lacking effort.

I honestyl cant see us improving until something has changed. Who or what that may be, who knows

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Jon_Grooves said:

Ive just watched Scott Carsons post match interview from Cardiff and he looks like a broken man. I know hes not the best on camera but he looks so deflated.

I think a lot of people thought Barkers testimonial had improved happiness or whatever but some of the players really didnt look interested. Bent stood out for me that night as lacking effort.

I honestyl cant see us improving until something has changed. Who or what that may be, who knows

Watch Bent at half time Tuesday when he's warming up with the other subs, he disobeys instructions and only jogs half measures when the other subs are being professional he just larks about, worst signing we've made in the last few years, bad egg.

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Everything seemed negative yesterday, fans, team, individuals, mentality.

In a way, yes, formation, tactics etc however good will be overcome by a negative mentality. That is the number one thing to change. It's what we thought 'arry was here for.....

Formations don't matter under Wassall remember.

Need to ship a couple of players out in the summer for me. Bent, Johnson, shackell. All look disinterested and think the team spirit was a major factor in our success. It's been ruined in little over 12 months. I'd rather have somebody of slightly less ability than shackell for example that actually gives a toss.

14 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Watch Bent at half time Tuesday when he's warming up with the other subs, he disobeys instructions and only jogs half measures when the other subs are being professional he just larks about, worst signing we've made in the last few years, bad egg.

If there are bad eggs then the manager should be strong bomb them out... No matter who it is... Nobodys bigger than the club put them training on their own. If he's such a bad player disrupting others why is he even on the bench? 

Or has he just had enough? Been brought here under false pretences. If i was darren bent never getting a start, never getting more than ten mins at the end or a decent run in the side, especially with how poor we've been then by this point in the season id have given up and couldnt be bothered any more. He'll be off in the summer 

either way i agree he needs to go

10 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

If there are bad eggs then the manager should be strong bomb them out... No matter who it is... Nobodys bigger than the club put them training on their own. If he's such a bad player disrupting others why is he even on the bench? 

Or has he just had enough? Been brought here under false pretences. If i was darren bent never getting a start, never getting more than ten mins at the end or a decent run in the side, especially with how poor we've been then by this point in the season id have given up and couldnt be bothered any more. He'll be off in the summer 

either way i agree he needs to go

Maybe he should be having a long hard look at himself and questioning is there a reason why he is on the bench, as he was at Brighton before us if I remember correctly.

That being said, at the breakfast with MM I remember it being said that he was 'explosive' in training. If that is the case, maybe you are right and he believes whatever he does he will not be given a chance.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Maybe he should be having a long hard look at himself and questioning is there a reason why he is on the bench, as he was at Brighton before us if I remember correctly.

That being said, at the breakfast with MM I remember it being said that he was 'explosive' in training. If that is the case, maybe you are right and he believes whatever he does he will not be given a chance.

Cracking last season nearly averaged a goal a game, consistently scored at the highest level in the prem & apparently explosive in training. But still hasnt been given a fair crack at it this season id be absolutely demoralised if i was him. Like i say by this stage in the season id have given up  

33 minutes ago, Derbados7 said:

Need to ship a couple of players out in the summer for me. Bent, Johnson, shackell. All look disinterested and think the team spirit was a major factor in our success. It's been ruined in little over 12 months. I'd rather have somebody of slightly less ability than shackell for example that actually gives a toss.

Shipping some out may be a lot harder with the contracts some of these people are on coupled with no emergency loan period next season so all in all we need a great motivator or a large storage container for unwanted goods.

7 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Cracking last season nearly averaged a goal a game, consistently scored at the highest level in the prem & apparently explosive in training. But still hasnt been given a fair crack at it this season id be absolutely demoralised if i was him. Like i say by this stage in the season id have given up  

But his overall play contributed to our collapse.

I actually would not have signed him in the summer unless we were considering changing the way we played.

I think it is now pretty obvious that not much thought went into our summer signings and the general idea seemed to be, sign any good players that are available.

What are Bent's stats this season? 

Don't ever really remenber influencing a game and making me think he should be starting the following match.

Part of the problem is that we don't adapt the team to play to his strengths - whenever he gets a chance, we expect him to play 'the Martin role' - which is just not his game. Quick through passes for him to run onto and having players around him to put the ball into the box and he'll score goals - expecting him to hold it up and play with his back to goal is just not going to work......but unfortunately we've got into a rut where we have to play with Martin up front - it's plan A, B & C - we need these wonderful coaches that Wassall keeps telling us about to put forward some alternatives because the current set-up has been sussed out by the opposition....

47 minutes ago, philmycock said:

agree sort of, same view as G ram.

Not his fan (although he's blazingly fast) but if any of us were Bent we'd be pretty fed up too. Footballers want to play and he sees himself as a premier league ex England striker who's being asked to take a back seat to a forward who's done close to nothing all year. On paper he's the most pedigreed striker we have. He's been given little chance and he's actually scored at a decent pace when he's played. Can't say I blame him for being furious at his treatment. It was bad under clement and it's the same under Wassall. I'd either play him or move him out: to keep him around or any player around who plays no part whatsoever or is thrown on in waning moments is toxic. 

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But his overall play contributed to our collapse.

I actually would not have signed him in the summer unless we were considering changing the way we played.

I think it is now pretty obvious that not much thought went into our summer signings and the general idea seemed to be, sign any good players that are available.

What are Bent's stats this season? 

Don't ever really remenber influencing a game and making me think he should be starting the following match.

I agree we shouldnt have signed him unless we were changing the way we play. Our signings have totally unbalenced us. 

Im more comenting on the moral and i can just understand and sympathise with a player of his quality being totally demoralised and un-interested. He doesnt support us or have the same affiliation to the club we do. If he's scoring in training and not getting a chance then i myself would think why bother for the last ten mins here and there

his stats this season are pretty irrelevant any player needs a run of games to find form. He cannot be expected to magically make things happen with the odd ten mins cameos or the odd start every 10-15 games. 

7 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

I agree we shouldnt have signed him unless we were changing the way we play. Our signings have totally unbalenced us. 

Im more comenting on the moral and i can just understand and sympathise with a player of his quality being totally demoralised and un-interested. He doesnt support us or have the same affiliation to the club we do. If he's scoring in training and not getting a chance then i myself would think why bother for the last ten mins here and there

his stats this season are pretty irrelevant any player needs a run of games to find form. He cannot be expected to magically make things happen with the odd ten mins cameos or the odd start every 10-15 games. 

That's the thing though, an impact striker like him should be using last 10 minutes of a game, when the opposition defence are tiring, for making an impression.

How many times has he come off the bench and scored this season? Once maybe twice?

Think back to how many goals Solksjaer used to score coming on for 10 minute cameos.

I'm probably being harsh as it's not like we've been creating chances.

You can't blame Darren Bent for being disinterested, well, more disillusioned than disinterested. 

He barely gets brought off the bench these days. 

I would definitely say he, among others, will be looking towards the exit already for this coming summer.

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

You can't blame Darren Bent for being disinterested, well, more disillusioned than disinterested. 

He barely gets brought off the bench these days. 

I would definitely say he, among others, will be looking towards the exit already for this coming summer.

Who knows what he is doing in training though?

Is it a coincidence that he was bench warming for a struggling Brighton team before joining us?

Archived