Rams release their financial results 2014/2015

Stripperg-ram

46 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Given how clubs are increasingly being run as businesses, I think the year-on-year trend of revenue (virtually flat) against wages (a signifcant increase) is concerning, as that will presumably get worse next year.
 Doesn't sound a great business plan to me to assume we can continue to plan on the basis that a sugar-daddy will always be there to top up the coffers as we make on-going operating losses.

The Yanks' regime made much of their commercial acumen which makes me wonder if there is muh revenue growth available (assuming we were in the championship again next season).

oh well, it's Mels money after all.....

Also our revenues aren't flat. We had a 29% increase in ticket sales and 20% increase in commercial revenue. We only had a reduction in TV revenue as we didn’t make the play-offs.  

This season has seen numerous new commercial deals and we must surely be up on TV revenues even before the possibility of play-off income. 

I also think we will drop a fair number of players on the periphery if we don't secure promotion, helping to stabilise wages. 

Of course if we go up it will be spend, spend, spend! 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

GSE's (Glick era) plan made far less sense. Restricting spending on players made promotion virtually impossible. Remaining in the Championship means running at a loss. The GSE plan was for a perpetual loss. The current planing is to spend what is needed to gain promotion. Increased initial losses, but for a finite time, with the realistic prospect of an eventual return to profitability. 

wasn't it a long term plan (10 years?) to gain promotion but not infinite and perpetual losses - that would not be an enticing investment prospect...

23 minutes ago, angieram said:

Also our revenues aren't flat. We had a 29% increase in ticket sales and 20% increase in commercial revenue. We only had a reduction in TV revenue as we didn’t make the play-offs.  

This season has seen numerous new commercial deals and we must surely be up on TV revenues even before the possibility of play-off income. 

I also think we will drop a fair number of players on the periphery if we don't secure promotion, helping to stabilise wages. 

Of course if we go up it will be spend, spend, spend! 

Ticketing revenue is a very interesting one. According to some stats, our average home attendance increased from 27.5 to 29.3k, or something less than 10%. I seem to remember something about season ticket prices being held flat in 2014? so that rather begs the question as to where the extra revenue came from. Did we have better cup runs to increase revenues that way? Did we milk the away fans and walk-ups? Struggling to see how we would have got to a 29% increase on the face of it tho.....

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Ticketing revenue is a very interesting one. According to some stats, our average home attendance increased from 27.5 to 29.3k, or something less than 10%. I seem to remember something about season ticket prices being held flat in 2014? so that rather begs the question as to where the extra revenue came from. Did we have better cup runs to increase revenues that way? Did we milk the away fans and walk-ups? Struggling to see how we would have got to a 29% increase on the face of it tho.....

Season ticket renewals definitely went up, a small bit for a adults but quite a large % for some concessions.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Season ticket prices rose last season. Renewals were up something like 5%, but new ones went up a lot more.

'Prices have been increased for most fans but Rush believes the right balance has been struck between providing affordable entertainment and generating important income for the club.'

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-news-new-season-ticket-prices/story-25936710-detail/story.html

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

It's easy to see where the extra revenue came from. According to the red dogs, most of our season tickets in previous seasons were given away with mobile phone contacts! 

4 hours ago, TETRA said:

Not worried by the accounts for 2014/2015 published today, about what was to be expected.

Its the next set of published accounts for 2015/2016 that will concern me. ????

Only if you are a gump - but then, you'd always be concerned about the next set.

5 hours ago, ram59 said:

No, because the new far more relaxed limits started this season. I think it's 39m loss spread over 3 seasons. If that's right we'll have to wait for 4 years before any assessment can be made. In other words, it'll be totally pointless. M

not quite, the three years include the current financial year and the past two I believe.

4 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

GSE's (Glick era) plan made far less sense. Restricting spending on players made promotion virtually impossible. Remaining in the Championship means running at a loss. The GSE plan was for a perpetual loss. The current planing is to spend what is needed to gain promotion. Increased initial losses, but for a finite time, with the realistic prospect of an eventual return to profitability. 

I wonder why every championship club doesn't have the same plan?

Quite interesting as a business case. So a well run championship club with few debts and a full stadium .. Spends its entire revenue on wages and for the rest of the club, heat, light, maintenance, pitch etc etc etc .. That costs 10 million per year, Which presumably Mel is happy to bank role on the basis of PL riches in the not too distant future. Fair enough I suppose expensive past time football clubs :D

1 hour ago, jono said:

Quite interesting as a business case. So a well run championship club with few debts and a full stadium .. Spends its entire revenue on wages and for the rest of the club, heat, light, maintenance, pitch etc etc etc .. That costs 10 million per year, Which presumably Mel is happy to bank role on the basis of PL riches in the not too distant future. Fair enough I suppose expensive past time football clubs :D

It is said that to become a millionaire out of owning a football club you have to start out as a billionaire.

Looking good for this season then. Well cutting it close. No facilities upgrades. League payouts should be up by a couple of mil. I expect ticket revenue and also non football revenue to be up again a little.

Making the play off finals will net us another £2-£3m. 

At the end of the day I can't imagine that the £20m+ we have spent on players will be paid in installments for the next allotment (this). Which might be why we reportedly paid so much for some players.

Outside of the PL we still need a bit of stability. £25m revenue annually should be enough for us to at some point to break even in this league, surely. 

2 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Turned out nice in the end, we got to see Forest get shafted by it,,, then we get saved with relaxed rules and get to listen to Forest fans ranting about us being "helped out by the suits" :lol::lol:

Very nice!!!!!! 

I daresay if the rules had not been relaxed, we would have still been ok, because Derby County wouldn't have pushed the boat out breaking the club record for transfers. We'd have been looking at finishing 7th this season, with Nigel Clough still in charge.

15 hours ago, jono said:

I wouldn't touch football with a 10 foot barge pole when it comes to "bankrolling" a club, I fully respect any man that does want to spend his wealth on owning a club, a complete nutter but he/she has my respect.

Archived