Germany v England

froggg

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

And why wouldn't he? We just beat the reigning world champions in their own back yard.

There aren't any great teams out there as qualifying showed.

Because we hear this every Tournemant. We beat Spaim a few years back which was right before the euros and we didn't do anything in the tournament. Germany are terrible in non Tournemant football. They have drawn to Australia,scraped past Georgia and lost to Ireland in the last year. This Germany team are good but not the same team as they were in the world cup, Lahm glued the team together

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is silly for me to say but Loew has ruined the German style in the last year . This team is equipped to fast aggressive counter attacking football. He has been obsessed with playing the tiki taka style since Guardiola took over Bayern which has made Germany vulnerable on the counter. You arent going to get the best out of the likes of Reus and Ozil playing tiki taka. Playing Can at right back is an example of this. You have one of the best right backs in the bundesliga in Durm for Dortmund but you aren't playing him?

10 minutes ago, Squid said:

Great comeback, great performance. But I'm not falling for this. Qualifying & friendlies before major tournaments aren't England's problem. It's when we get to the tournaments the problems start. Watching England since mid/late 80's has taught not to get too carried away! 

In the past though, we've qualified well for tournaments but never really played good football with some tempo. We've just played weaker teams where our stronger individuals on paper have got us wins.

That performance was a different level. Players like Alli, Kane and Vardy are great players in incredible form. Will be hard for other sides to stop them if they play like that.

1 minute ago, DCFCArmy said:

Vardy surely has to start now but knowing Woy it'll be a move back to a system that caters for fat boy slim

Vardy's goal reminded me of the Dawkins one against Fulham in the 2-5 win. 

And Hughes against Brighton, though that was even more stunning.

But sadly Roy will pick Rooney as first name on the team sheet. It's such a shame when we have some exciting talents but when it comes to the crunch, the coach isn't going to play them.

Just now, EastHertsRam said:

Roy certainly got some big decisions to make for the finals.

He has and it's a shame that Rooney is so out of form as Roy won't pick inform players over the big names. 

Rooney really shouldn't be starting ahead of Kane or Vardy but as his captain he will always be the first name on the team sheet.

That's why when you take this and Germany in first gear it's hard to get over excited about tonight. It's also results like tonight that raise expectations so much and why so much hatred is spouted when we crash out.

If Germany suffer injuries going in to the Euros, I can't see them winning it. Boateng and Hummels at centre-back are missive players for them. Going forward with Reus, Muller, Gotze, Ozil, Draxler they'll be fine.

The team I've been impressed with since the World Cup is France.

Reckon they've got a great team nowadays with Griezmann, Pogba and Matuidi becoming class players. Plus they've got Martial, Rabiot, Coman and Lacazette coming through.

Think Spain aren't as strong as before, despite having a host of amazing midfielders.

Sorry if I keep talking about the German perspective a lot but it's because I follow the Bundesliga so hard not too.

If Loew had any sense he would start this team at the euros

Neuer

Kimmich Boateng Hummels Durm

Weigl

Gundogan Kroos

Ozil  Muller Reus

6 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

The day we pick a side based on form rather than reputation is the day our chances of ever doing anything increase dramatically.

By eck some performance by the young guns, please Woy don't pick Shrek!

Archived