Germany v England

froggg

2 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

I enjoyed that!

What a shame Rooney, Milner, Carrick, Walcott, Jagaelka, Baines, Sterling and Oxlaide-Thingybob weren't playing, we'd have given the world champions a right good pasting! 

I enjoyed that!

What a shame Rooney, Milner, Carrick, Walcott, Jagaelka, Baines, Sterling and Oxlaide-Thingybob weren't playing, we'd have given the world champions a right good pasting! 

I enjoyed that!

Non of those players would have made a difference

Actually if we had played those players you mentioned then we wouldn't have seen the same performance that we did last night

The reason we played well was because we didnt have the likes of milner, baines or walcott slowing down the play

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Actually if we had played those players you mentioned then we wouldn't have seen the same performance that we did last night

The reason we played well was because we didnt have the likes of milner, baines or walcott slowing down the play

image.jpeg

PistoldPete2

Good attacking display by England.. a bit shaky at the back. Ditto Germany .Could have been 6-4 so many chances at both ends.  Quite a good day for watching England .. thru to the semis of the T20 cricket and then beating old football rivals in such style. Both the England cricket and the football team have players who can entertain. Whether we can win consistently I dont know.. this is still England after all.

13 hours ago, McLovin said:

Sorry if I keep talking about the German perspective a lot but it's because I follow the Bundesliga so hard not too.

If Loew had any sense he would start this team at the euros

Neuer

Kimmich Boateng Hummels Durm

Weigl

Gundogan Kroos

Ozil  Muller Reus

With all due respect, this is a coach who has won the World Cup. I'm sure the team he starts in the Euros will have more sense than one picked by somebody who 'follows' the Bundesliga.

I doubt they'll start two players, 20 and 21 years old, who are uncapped at senior level.

29 minutes ago, Kernow said:

With all due respect, this is a coach who has won the World Cup. I'm sure the team he starts in the Euros will have more sense than one picked by somebody who 'follows' the Bundesliga.

I doubt they'll start two players, 20 and 21 years old, who are uncapped at senior level.

I'd understand that if I was the only one saying that but all of German media are criticizing him too because he refuses to play young players or players in form. Let's be honest if Hodgson played Henderson at right back over the likes of Clyne and Walker there would be upraw. Likewise Loew is criticized for playing Can at right back

16 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I'd understand that if I was the only one saying that but all of German media are criticizing him too because he refuses to play young players or players in form. Let's be honest if Hodgson played Henderson at right back over the likes of Clyne and Walker there would be upraw. Likewise Loew is criticized for playing Can at right back

But judge him once the tournament is over, he's not done too badly so far as he? I haven't seen Kimmich or Weigl play so I can't really comment, but I would say he would be taking more of a risk by throwing in youngsters. If they don't play before the tournament then they won't start.

If he was given the chance to play Khedira or Weigl as a holding midfielder in the Euros final against Spain for example, where he'd be facing Silva, Iniesta, Busquets etc, he'd probably go for the experience.

It's a problem in a lot of countries, including England. Reputation over form. We've only started including youngsters because the old lot have retired. If Gerrard & Lampard hadn't retired I don't think Alli would have been given as much of a chance. Then you have players like Mark Noble who can't get in, yet caps are handed out happily to Delph etc. It's one of the reasons Rooney will start in the Euros. He shouldn't because he's probably not even in the top 5 English forwards this year, but he will.

3 minutes ago, needles said:

This team is getting me interested in international football again.

New generation.

Half fan :p

It's just important that Hodgson sticks to an identity/style, and only uses players which fit the system.

How many times have we seen England over the past ten years play with so little direction? Like, 11 players just lumped together and asked to go out and play. It was so disjointed.

Last night was really encouraging because there looked to be a rhythm about England's play.

That said, I wasn't too impressed with our defence. Gomez had a clear goal disallowed, Germany's second was really too easy and Ozil should have made it 3-0 shortly after their second.

Could have finished 5-5

They might have a few gears to go up Germany but losing Lahm has been massive. I liked very much that we pressed and were not in awe. Our young uns did very well. 

It makes my heart sink to think that he might drop Ali and Dier to go with Rooney and Carrick/ Milner brigade... 

This was a team busting with talent. Not sure about winning the European Championships but it looks like a team that can at least compete. It's been a while since I could say that. About 20 years....

WHAT a week... Rugby, Cricket, Football all wins for England. I'm made up. 

2 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Could have finished 5-5

They might have a few gears to go up Germany but losing Lahm has been massive. I liked very much that we pressed and were not in awe. Our young uns did very well. 

It makes my heart sink to think that he might drop Ali and Dier to go with Rooney and Carrick/ Milner brigade... 

This was a team busting with talent. Not sure about winning the European Championships but it looks like a team that can at least compete. It's been a while since I could say that. About 20 years....

WHAT a week... Rugby, Cricket, Football all wins for England. I'm made up. 

Well, Germany would have needed to have got at least another three shots on target to achieve that.

Old Spalding Ram Posted 21 hours ago 

I enjoyed that!

What a shame Rooney, Milner, Carrick, Walcott, Jagaelka, Baines, Sterling and Oxlaide-Thingybob weren't playing, we'd have given the world champions a right pasting.

18 hours ago, McLovin said:

Any chance of the mods putting an "ironic" face in them emoticon thingys............I really must try harder!

9 hours ago, eddie said:

Well, Germany would have needed to have got at least another three shots on target to achieve that.

They were a mixed bag for me Eddie.., still a level of brilliance from certain areas of the field ( I don't get the German derision towards Hummels) and created space easily enough at times behind us but was surprised that they didn't do more in the final third. I'm not sure they replaced the class gone from the likes of Lahm. 

On 26 March 2016 at 11:14, Inverurie Ram said:

Yes top row, 4th from the left, Alan Ramage to send my prize in the post, 1st class please!

Up The Rams. Up The England. 

14lk7m0.jpg

Quality. :D

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 05:39, Old Spalding Ram said:

Old Spalding Ram Posted 21 hours ago 

I enjoyed that!

What a shame Rooney, Milner, Carrick, Walcott, Jagaelka, Baines, Sterling and Oxlaide-Thingybob weren't playing, we'd have given the world champions a right pasting.

Any chance of the mods putting an "ironic" face in them emoticon thingys............I really must try harder!

How can you look ironic,or sarcastic ? possibly sarcastic,but not ironic.

Just now, top 6 finish said:

How can you look ironic,or sarcastic ? possibly sarcastic,but not ironic.

It's easy to look ironic, there are entire fashion bandwagons dedicated to it.

On 26 March 2016 at 16:11, needles said:

This team is getting me interested in international football again.

New generation.

This team is boring me with international football.

Same old.

Archived