Derby County vs Nottingham Forest

DarkFruitsRam7

3 hours ago, Ram79 said:

Roll on the day Forsyth comes back 

Like your statement came back to bite you in the arse, you mean?

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HKRam said:

Sorry if I confused you but I assumed you knew that things are relative, not absolute.

So yes, I said relatively, Benitez is a tactical genius. Or if it makes things easier to understand for you, what I meant is relatively, Wassall is a tactical amateur.

That's what I meant after quoting Jamie Carragher. Can't say if he's bloody or not, though.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Vital win but the only players who can be proud of themselves are Hanson, Olsson, Bryson and Ince. The others were poor apart from Thorne who was ok.

Utter piffle, but that's nothing new for you. Keogh and Shackell were both outstanding.

13 minutes ago, HKRam said:

I can see you disagreed with the analysis on the Newcastle-vs-Leicester match.

As I clearly stated in my post and as you can see in the linked article, it was not done by me. It was done by Jamie Carragher, who, as you know, is a TV pundit, a UEFA 'B' level licensed coach, and an ex professional footballer.

And no, I didn't see us set up to do counter-attacking today. Indeed, I didn't see any tactical set up today at all, as if players are simply told to just do their things.

As I'm in good mood I'll forgive you, for virtually forcing me to read an article from the Daily Mail. ;)

To be fair it was a reasonable insight into Benitez's working methods while they worked together at Liverpool.  The piece you quoted from Carragher's was used to illustrate how Rafa uses extremely explicit instructions when setting up teams. He doesn't claim it was tactical genius by Rafa, that bit is all your own work.

As for what I saw today from Derby? I saw a team showing some steel, a team of superior individuals to the opposition that in small patches of neat interplay looked to be getting back to try replicating the form of 2013-14.

A year ago I watched us capitulate in the second half of the same fixture and carry that form forward for the rest of the season.  This year we showed guts, continued to play football and won.  I hope we take that momentum forward for the rest of the season.

PistoldPete2

Keogh gave the ball away badly twice , once in a dangerous position, but I like Keogh and forest hardly had a sniff. They had most of the possession first half but we still had the best two chances even in the first half.. Second half we were all over Forest and there was only going to be one winner. 

Olson had a very good game today, i was mightily impressed with him.  As usual we started poorly, especially with on the ball movement but grew into it.  Second half was about establishing our superiority in midfield, it wasn't pretty but we squeezed through.  Keogh saved our butts in added time, blocking a Blackstock shot.  Thorne did something similar earlier and almost hurt himself doing it.  Ince had a good game, although he needs to stop advertising his shots so much.  Bucko coming on and within seconds being warned by the ref and just by his presence instantly agitating the Forest players was lovely to witness.  The trophy is ours and Forest are a shambles.  Happy day and i think we might just have turned a corner today.   

Just because I see the game differently to yourself doesn't make me "thick." If you think we played well in the first half especially then you're living in the clouds laddy. We were awful in the first half improved in the second half, inspired by the Redknapp team talk.

Just watched the goal on Sky Sports highlights. At the time I wasn't able to take much in other than we had scored and I was at risk of throwing myself into the tier below, but having had another look at it:

- awesome passing move around the edge of the box, if only we could see more of that 

- hopefully Ince's superb pass and then genuine goal celebration with Olsson will put to bed some of the nonsense that has been written about him recently

- Bryson - as soon as he saw it had gone in he ran straight to the South Stand to celebrate in front of the faithful. He has DCFC running through him that bloke does.

Funny how the team is beginning to look more and more like the one that ended the 14/15 season. Bryson and Thorne key figures in midfield, Russell more confident than for a while (his arrival changed the game today I believe) and even Bucko on the pitch. Hughes just a couple of weeks away too?

Hats off to Wassall, it might have not been pretty but what Derby game ever is, clean sheet and a win, which at this point of the season is better than a good performance and a draw or loss.

The more things progress, the more its that same core team who do the business. Johnson I'm becoming convinced doesn't work in this team, barely worked in Clement's, weimann and Bent don't figure, neither do Camara or Blackman particularly, Hanson is getting there, Butterfield has a role to play but it proves we needed tweeks rather than squad overhaul. 

Archived