Derby County vs Nottingham Forest

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was strange was that the game was generally poor quality,and then out of the blue was a terrific goal.A 4 or 5 man move,1st touch passing,and a great finish,it reminded me of the stuff we used to play back in the early days of SMc. Then it reverted back to the previous football,but at least we held on to our lead this time.

1 up to 'arry ;)

Fantastic atmosphere and when the crowd got going in the second half it visibly lifted the players WE need to do more of this.

Hendrick bad day, suspect he has legal matters on his mind and was surprised he got the nod over Butterfield. Bryson first class engine room in a midfield lacking bite particularly in the first half. Hanson did great .. Not as aggressive going forward as Christie but much more controlled and robust. Plays intelligent positive balls when in possession. 

Scrappy game in all honesty but there was some real team spirit.

This years award for East Midlands Landscape artist goes to: Marcus Olssons Tree felling services... . top class Scandinavian deforestation on your doorstep

Marcus Olsson baby! Marcus Olsson Whoooooaaa

Scrappy game?

Who gives a fook! They normally are! Cheer up. The crying is down the other end of the 52. Shall I call a taxi?

20 minutes ago, HKRam said:

To go back to the two mistakes I mentioned at half time:

One I have already mentioned which is not using the width of the pitch. The other is allowing Keogh to do his Beckenbauer thing today. Not saying that Keogh should never bring the ball out of defense, and his multiple attempts today were, luckily, successful. But when Forest was set up to press high up on the pitch, Keogh dribbling into the opposite half is simply going to create problems.

You can compare the setup we had for today's game, versus the setup Benitez had for the the Leceister's game. According to Carragher, Benitez had already showed his impact in his new club, by asking his players to do specific things to kill Leceister's pressing and counter-attacking. He pointed out that Rob Elliot, for instance, was instructed to kick every ball from his area long, which effectively stopped Newcastle being counter-attacked and stop the pressure from N’Golo Kante and Danny Drinkwater:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3499454/Rafa-Benitez-not-fireman-s-winner-intense-methods-having-effect-Newcastle.html

That's why Benitez is a tactical genius and Wassall, is well, an amateur.

I watched that Leicester game and honestly have no idea what you're talking about.  Kante ran that game, and Drinkwater got man of the match.  Newcastle never looked like winning and you just couldn't see them scoring, a performance somewhat reminiscent of the Gumps today?

I suppose the repeated hoofs upfield in the general direction of a fairly poor Macheda are proof to you of Paul Williams tactical genius?  After all it stopped us counter attacking.

Had to snigger at Paul Williams interview on RD

Can't get a job at Derby. Doesn't want the job at F*rest. 

He might have said other things but I didn't quite catch them. 

14 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I watched that Leicester game and honestly have no idea what you're talking about.  Kante ran that game, and Drinkwater got man of the match.  Newcastle never looked like winning and you just couldn't see them scoring, a performance somewhat reminiscent of the Gumps today?

I suppose the repeated hoofs upfield in the general direction of a fairly poor Macheda are proof to you of Paul Williams tactical genius?  After all it stopped us counter attacking.

One I have already mentioned which is not using the width of the pitch. The other is allowing Keogh to do his Beckenbauer thing today. Not saying that Keogh should never bring the ball out of defense, and his multiple attempts today were, luckily, successful. But when Forest was set up to press high up on the pitch, Keogh dribbling into the opposite half is simply going to create problems.

You can compare the setup we had for today's game, versus the setup Benitez had for the the Leceister's game. According to Carragher, Benitez had already showed his impact in his new club, by asking his players to do specific things to kill Leceister's pressing and counter-attacking. He pointed out that Rob Elliot, for instance, was instructed to kick every ball from his area long, which effectively stopped Newcastle being counter-attacked and stop the pressure from N’Golo Kante and Danny Drinkwater:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3499454/Rafa-Benitez-not-fireman-s-winner-intense-methods-having-effect-Newcastle.html

I can see you disagreed with the analysis on the Newcastle-vs-Leicester match.

As I clearly stated in my post and as you can see in the linked article, it was not done by me. It was done by Jamie Carragher, who, as you know, is a respected TV pundit, a UEFA 'B' level licensed coach, and an ex professional footballer.

And no, I didn't see us set up to do counter-attack today. Indeed, I didn't see us set up to do any specific tactics at all. It appears to me that players are simply told to do their own things, aside from maybe a pat on the back, "enjoy the game" kind of motivational speech.

43 minutes ago, HKRam said:

Benitez the tactical genius cos he got his keeper to kick it long? And you are quoting Jamie bloody Carragher? Words fail me HKR, they really do.

It's sooooo sooo good just walking down the riverside from the stadium with a grin and a spring in your step.

what heartened me more than anything was the vastly improved togetherness of the team and the fans. There was some genuine commitment out there. George's block at the end was fearlessly full of blood and guts. 

We will pay better football on other days but that can wait. We were a team today warts and all ..  The backs slaps and looks Olsson got from his team mates spoke volumes. 

12 minutes ago, rynny said:

Benitez the tactical genius cos he got his keeper to kick it long? And you are quoting Jamie bloody Carragher? Words fail me HKR, they really do.

Sorry if I confused you but I assumed you knew that things are always relative rather than absolute.

So yes, I said relatively, Benitez is a tactical genius. Or if it makes things easier to understand for you, what I meant is relatively, Wassall is a tactical amateur.

That's what I meant after quoting Jamie Carragher. Can't say if he's bloody or not, though.

Archived