Favourite ever Derby game at PP/IPRO

Mafiabob

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Play off v Saints was amazing. By far the best game I've been present at.

Other faves are:

v Forest 1 nil Hulse  - lost my voice cheering that one. Nigel kneed Davies (naughty boy).

V Forest - coffee cup

v Wednesday many times, but 3-0 with the 13/14 side and He parks where he likes.

I'm a bit limited as I live away and don't get to many games and I'm not picking games i didn't go to!

Derby 1-4 Ssausagehorpe - just because I felt I was starting to understand "the derby way". Was bstd feezing n all.

3-0 v forest. Rasiak x 2 and Tommy Smith after about 3 mins from a great counter attacking passing move from defence to attack.

Big fat Joe Kinnear got a good reception too.

Was an unexpected drubbing but made me feel that maybe Burley and team could maybe do something decent that season. 

Also the Carbonari 1-0 was a goodun. Tight, feisty game but what a goal to settle it. Horacio from Rosario!

3 hours ago, eddie said:

Truth be told it wasn't the greatest game in the world for the first 75 minutes, but the 4 goals in no time at all against Southampton, coming just three days after we had tanked the Wendies to give us our first win up there in about 3,000 years was a bit special and had the place rocking. Eranio, Choppy, Baiano and Carsley. Some good players in that side - and neon Deon.

If that had happened nowadays, half the fans would have got home thinking we'd drawn 0-0.

Yes, yes, yes oh huh yes. That one really sticks in my mind, mainly because of the look on Steve Macs face as the maisey skills of Lee Carsley stood out for thev4th. He was almost Messi like sticking it away, the whole build up play, the goal, the celebration as Mac turned to Jim.

We battered them all game, before blitzing them at the finish, remember thinking we really showed our class and we're going to challenge for Europe with that squad, came away buzzing after the game. What great days those first few years at p.p were.

5 hours ago, rynny said:

Same for me, from what I remember sitting level with Seaman, we were singing what's the score and he gave us the V sign and cheered then started singing England's number 1. Also remember Pool saving a Ian Wright penalty and when the corner was being taken singing Ian W**k W**k W**k and the sun report on the Monday said we were chanting his name :lol:

Well remembered ...... He smiled as he was asked score when we were two nil up....and he smiled again when he had to display three fingers.   As Engalnd were doing well at the time we gladly sang his name. 

Regarding deafness of Journalists......the worse accusation was we were singi g racist songs at Paul Williams when he played for Coventry at Pride Park.   Constamtly sang "you fat bas'tard". ........ Which journos heard black imstead of fat !!

such a thing would create a **** storm today.....show how time change.  

At least Williams knew he was fat, and knew that is what we were singing very loud, every time he got the ball. 

3 hours ago, Yani P said:

1997 Derby 4 - 0 Southampton 

We murdered then yet it was still 0-0 after 75 minutes beautiful football

Carsleys goal is my favourite at PP... Just because it was so unexpected from him... Everything felt slo mo and I just knew he was scoring..,

5 hours ago, eddie said:

Truth be told it wasn't the greatest game in the world for the first 75 minutes, but the 4 goals in no time at all against Southampton, coming just three days after we had tanked the Wendies to give us our first win up there in about 3,000 years was a bit special and had the place rocking. Eranio, Choppy, Baiano and Carsley. Some good players in that side - and neon Deon.

If that had happened nowadays, half the fans would have got home thinking we'd drawn 0-0.

I was a bit young to go to the game but that is still one of the greatest games for highlights I remember seeing on Wandchope of the Day.

The back heels between Wandhope and Baiano were sexy as foook.

Carsleys goal was special too.

11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Long time ago.....this one hasn't yet disappeared into early Alzheimers....

PP looks a bit rundown :-) 

and in any case beating Gazzas Newcastle 3-2 in the 80's better in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

There was a time when we might actually beat Middlesbrough. December 1998 and Wanchope was sent off before half-time, but the stadium rocked throughout and railed against the injustice of it. We won 2-1 with a goal at the death: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-wanchope-off-in-flare-up-1194828.html

Here's the footage

The first-half sending off of Wanchope (2 minutes 45 in the vid) was so outrageously unjust that the atmosphere became electric for the rest of the match.

surprising how many people have picked the Southampton game....I didn't think we were EVER allowed to say anything nice about King Billy's team..? It was a great night...and a great team.

Forest 5-0 will be forever in everyones memory, (by the way, if you actually watch it again now we weren't THAT good for big chunks of the game) what a great day/night/weekend that was. 40 of us came over from France and I think that from Thursday morning until Monday evening the only time we were not drinking was the 90 minutes of the game. Wow it hurt afterwards.!

For me the best game was Coventry at home in 2003...we lost 1-3...it was my sons first game...the day after he asked his mum "why does Daddy go to the football, it makes him really mad and he says that Derby are ****".....second favorite was when he asked the old lady next to him what a "girls blouse" was because Daddy had been calling Darryl Powell that.

29 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Not PP but some game. 4 cracking goals too. And that back heel from the King for George to score was pure class. 

Oh.. i see. I got the wrong Ground. 

Thats what happens when you get to my age. You start to get confused and get crisps and cup-a-soup all over yourself.

matches at the ipro. More recent so i can.'t remember any.

Archived