Lunch time kick-off, On SkyTV, Wolves AWAY... what did you expect?

Mostyn6

30 minutes ago, Doodle said:

There is no such thing they say as a free lunch. I would add to that a free breakfast. You are I suggest at best a little biased. And at worst, have just prostituted any semblance of self respect you were born with. That, today was just embarrassing, a rudderless ship with a over bloated crew. The last thing needed is an apologist for mediocre players, or well meaning owners making mediocre ownership decisions. For shame.!!

What? What a load of *****. 

I think you're saying that those who were asked to meet Mel are now ass licking. 

Grow up. My big issue with this forum and Twitter etc at the moment is that people are spouting insults that they would never dare have the balls to say to their faces. 

Teams lose football games, Rams fans lose perspective. Don't spout what you know nothing about 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Did we drop out of the top 5 and land in the bottom 3 today or something?

Nope but we were really really appalling against an absolute bang average team who were totally there for the taking. 

Pathetic performance throughout today, one that will definitely get you promoted...(not that it matters as it isn't a priority of course!!!)

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Did we drop out of the top 5 and land in the bottom 3 today or something?

It was a bottom 3 performance though. It's really fustrating being in and around the top six and seeing us play like we are. Something needs to change and quick or else this season is going to fizzle out on a low

24 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Nope but we were really really appalling against an absolute bang average team who were totally there for the taking. 

Pathetic performance throughout today, one that will definitely get you promoted...(not that it matters as it isn't a priority of course!!!)

17 minutes ago, Gritters said:

It was a bottom 3 performance though. It's really fustrating being in and around the top six and seeing us play like we are. Something needs to change and quick or else this season is going to fizzle out on a low

Give over! It's was two out of form teams, both lacking confidence on the ball, giving the ball to each other, in a bang average pair of performances. If we'd won 1-2, nobody here would be saying it was undeserved. 

I agree it was uninspiring, but that was by McClaren's first season standards. In reality, it was a standard 21st century Derby performance. We saw week in week out under Clough, and under Jewell, before him, under Todd, Gregory, Brown etc.

I wouldn't say it's a bottom three performance simply cos the standard of football in this division is pretty uninspiring anyway. even teams above us, Hull, Boro, Burnley ALL play poor (but effective) football.

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

In reality, it was a standard 21st century Derby performance. We saw week in week out under Clough, and under Jewell, before him, under Todd, Gregory, Brown etc.

They hadn't spent £25m and just failed the two previous seasons though. History doesn't have to be repeated. Settling for mediocrity is your prerogative though.

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Give over! It's was two out of form teams, both lacking confidence on the ball, giving the ball to each other, in a bang average pair of performances. If we'd won 1-2, nobody here would be saying it was undeserved. 

I agree it was uninspiring, but that was by McClaren's first season standards. In reality, it was a standard 21st century Derby performance. We saw week in week out under Clough, and under Jewell, before him, under Todd, Gregory, Brown etc.

I wouldn't say it's a bottom three performance simply cos the standard of football in this division is pretty uninspiring anyway. even teams above us, Hull, Boro, Burnley ALL play poor (but effective) football.

Clough hasn't just spent 25 million plus on players adding to an already top 8 finishing squad though had he..

it was a pathetic performance, we got exactly what we deserved. We didn't deserve to be level at half time and the winner was coming a mile off. 

I don't think it was a bottom 3 performance either, but it most definitely wasn't a top 3 performance..!

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They hadn't spent £25m and just failed the two previous seasons though. History doesn't have to be repeated. Settling for mediocrity is your prerogative though.

I don't want mediocrity, hence me wanting rid of Mr Clough as manager, however, as Mel has owned the club 7 months and Wassall has been gaffer less than 3 weeks, neither have just spent £25m or failed in two previous seasons either!

I find it harsh to project the last two years onto Wassall. (or Clement for that matter)

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Clough hasn't just spent 25 million plus on players adding to an already top 8 finishing squad though had he..

it was a pathetic performance, we got exactly what we deserved. We didn't deserve to be level at half time and the winner was coming a mile off. 

I don't think it was a bottom 3 performance either, but it most definitely wasn't a top 3 performance..!

nor has Wassall!

Why do you say we didn't deserve to be level? Are you over-exaggerating Wolves performance, whilst being somewhat realistically harsh on Derby? Either be equally kind, or equally harsh on both teams.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

nor has Wassall!

Why do you say we didn't deserve to be level? Are you over-exaggerating Wolves performance, whilst being somewhat realistically harsh on Derby? Either be equally kind, or equally harsh on both teams.

Ok then, Clough never got the chance to inherit a squad that had just been assembled at great cost and should be good enough to stroll this rubbish league. 

Wolves were bang average BUT looked a league better than us, attacked with a bit of pace, defended easily and actually looked like they had met each other before the weekend. 

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Ok then, Clough never got the chance to inherit a squad that had just been assembled at great cost and should be good enough to stroll this rubbish league. 

Wolves were bang average BUT looked a league better than us, attacked with a bit of pace, defended easily and actually looked like they had met each other before the weekend. 

But it's ok because promotion isn't a target mate. We played the entertaining Derby way which is all that matters 

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Fireworks on't podcast.

Three Melfs v Muespach.

I don't agree with bashing the people who met Mel for breakfast, they're doing their best to report back an honest account of the meeting.

To be met with some of the snidey comments afterwards must make them regret going, or at least giving their honest feedback, and may prevent such events in the future, not many clubs give that kind of direct access to supporters.

Having said all that, Melfs did make me laugh.

14 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

hang on :lol:

Clough DID inherit an expensively assembled and bloated squad, which in the previous 12 months had seen 23 new players and about £20 million spent on them, and having been pre-season bookies favourites for promotion, it was just easier to accept the players were rubbish and needed replacing, than it was to somehow get them to play together!

26 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Really?  We weren't good but there was little difference between the sides.  Neither side deserved to win it, ince curler at a time when they couldn't get out of their half would have more than likely finished it, small margins.  One thing for certain the squad maybe good the team is mid table poor.  If be some miracle we go up we have no foundation to stay there with any style.

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

hang on :lol:

Clough DID inherit an expensively assembled and bloated squad, which in the previous 12 months had seen 23 new players and about £20 million spent on them, and having been pre-season bookies favourites for promotion, it was just easier to accept the players were rubbish and needed replacing, than it was to somehow get them to play together!

But Nigel wasn't tasked with getting us up, he was tasked with developing the youth, cutting the wage bill, moving on the rubbish and generally keeping the club alive...which he did beautifully. 

If he had been given the money to spend on adding to the squad we would 100% be in a better position now than we are. 

6 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I don't agree with bashing the people who met Mel for breakfast, they're doing their best to report back an honest account of the meeting.

To be met with some of the snidey comments afterwards must make them regret going, or at least giving their honest feedback, and may prevent such events in the future, not many clubs give that kind of direct access to supporters.

Having said all that, Melfs did make me laugh.

They're not bashing the people who met mel ffs  that was last week - they're just bashing mostyn. Different. 

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

what a crock of bullsausage. I've seen Derby County go to Wolves, and I've seen Wolves come to Derby many times and Derby end up defeated on the back of a poor performance. My point is that just cos it's Wassall and Mel combination in charge, it doesn't mean this defeat is any more indicative of them being rubbish than previous poor results against Wolves under different managers and owners!

People making this a bigger deal than it is. Teams lose.

We lost last season, but played well. Hughes and Bryson sat deeper and controlled the game. Ince was lively. Goal disallowed, and howler by Grant. But.....we played well. Today, we did not play well. 

Hanging on against Blackburn after a woeful second half of very few shots showed it was increasingly likely we have no way of playing decent football. Today merely lead me to think it is more probable performances have peaked. This is not good enough. I will never boo, nor sigh/moan at games. However, it is clear Wassell is not an experienced, not a good choice at all. Fine for two or three games. Anything else, is a waste and travesty, 

We need an experienced manager FAST.

Archived