Lunch time kick-off, On SkyTV, Wolves AWAY... what did you expect?

Mostyn6

It's not wassels fault , and to be fair 4 games is nothing to judge whether he will make a manager but like clement the cauldron that is Derby county at this time is the wrong place for both to cut their teeth ,,,, we have some decent players but it's very clear we are lost , clement came in and took us hugely in a different direction from where we were when perhaps a few tweeks and a couple of quality additions to the team would have done the job and ultimately his inexperience did for him in the dressing room ,,, now wassel is trying to take us back in the other direction and we look totally lost , a team that can't string passes together and constantly getting caught in posetion and making unforced errors , for me I have to now give up on any expectations for this season and hope Mel learns from the mistake that was appointing a manager with zip experience ,bites the bullet and goes out and finds the best proven manager who will come to us,appoints him, backs him financially then sits back and enjoys the ride like the rest of us,, he has the passion and financial clout to become a Derby legend , I hope he don't let it slip into a muddled mess that ends in tears

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need a step ladder to climb down off your high horse? 

Don't deserve success? We deserve better than what we're currently getting. Better than what we're currently getting is still far from success. 

Pissed the best part of £25m up the wall with this reckless backing of a novice manager who clearly didn't share his vision. Now we're playing dull, boring football with a squad filled to the brim of players we paid way over the odds for. This is instead of the really likeable, feel good team we'd manage to build under the Clough/Mac/Sam Rush making big decisions years. 

We started off a few tweaks away from success and now we are wholesale changes away from being a success with players who look like they frankly don't care about this club. Bryson is one of the few who know what our club means to us and he's been nowhere near the starting eleven since that bonehead Wassall took over first team affairs. 

I felt recently like the club was really in touch with the fans, like we were all pulling in the same direction. There isn't that feeling anymore.

Even the collapse of last season wasn't as bad as the cr4p being served up to us now. We knew it was due to a lack of quality in depth. Instead of addressing this by strategically buying players who would improve us in the right places we have gone with this scatter gun approach which has left us with so many players who DO NOT fit out successful system.

This squad needs whittling down to the bare bones and players who suit our system and who add balance to our squad need bringing in. That is not a one transfer window job. That is a 3/4 transfer window job. We have gone BACKWARDS under Mel's stewardship. 

I appreciate we are worlds ahead of where we were in terms of off the pitch such as training facilities and the academy but we are so far behind from where we were at this point last season after spending such a vast amount. 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Come on, get a grip. Even in our purple patch(es), we lose this fixture in these circumstances.

Don't change reality cos it fits in with your anti-Mel, anti-Wassall, anti-Derby Way etc agenda

Any excuse to moan for some of you, and you don't deserve success.

Personally just really disappointed Mostyn that a team that looked dire and has won 4 times at home, lacking confidence, had no clear pattern of play and shaky as anything at the back, just didn't get put under more pressure by the Rams.

Mel is an heck of a guy to invest what he has, Daz is a good guy, the academy is looking amazing, the feel good factor could quite easily come right back.

Just right now, my happy pill supply is out, as the team I love, just had no shape and created very little and I'm not sure D.W as a leader of that team, will be any better than Clement, despite his infectious enthusiasm and ability to get the players morale back up.

Other than that, carry on, I'll be up for that Huddersfield game, willing them on, believing another win will tilt things back in our favour to a play off push.

All a case of expectations, let mine rise too high with the money being spent, nobody deserves success, you have to earn it with performances, it's not a God given right. 

Wont stop me believing though.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Come on, get a grip. Even in our purple patch(es), we lose this fixture in these circumstances.

Don't change reality cos it fits in with your anti-Mel, anti-Wassall, anti-Derby Way etc agenda

******* good job were not having any success at the moment then isn't it? Judging by the utter train wreck we have become since Morris took over we'll be lucky to achieve mid table. Still at least we are playing the Derby Way under Mels pet lackey; oh wait.....

11 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Need a step ladder to climb down off your high horse? 

Don't deserve success? We deserve better than what we're currently getting. Better than what we're currently getting is still far from success. 

Pissed the best part of £25m up the wall with this reckless backing of a novice manager who clearly didn't share his vision. Now we're playing dull, boring football with a squad filled to the brim of players we paid way over the odds for. This is instead of the really likeable, feel good team we'd manage to build under the Clough/Mac/Sam Rush making big decisions years. 

We started off a few tweaks away from success and now we are wholesale changes away from being a success with players who look like they frankly don't care about this club. Bryson is one of the few who know what our club means to us and he's been nowhere near the starting eleven since that bonehead Wassall took over first team affairs. 

I felt recently like the club was really in touch with the fans, like we were all pulling in the same direction. There isn't that feeling anymore.

Even the collapse of last season wasn't as bad as the cr4p being served up to us now. We knew it was due to a lack of quality in depth. Instead of addressing this by strategically buying players who would improve us in the right places we have gone with this scatter gun approach which has left us with so many players who DO NOT fit out successful system.

This squad needs whittling down to the bare bones and players who suit our system and who add balance to our squad need bringing in. That is not a one transfer window job. That is a 3/4 transfer window job. We have gone BACKWARDS under Mel's stewardship. 

I appreciate we are worlds ahead of where we were in terms of off the pitch such as training facilities and the academy but we are so far behind from where we were at this point last season after spending such a vast amount. 

don't rewrite history, I was one of the VERY FEW on here who didn't think signing Shackell would improve us, I was in favour of keeping McClaren and seeing how he handled the Christie and Keogh situation, but no, everyone wanted to keep them and add to them. I didn't agree with signing players on deadline day, but everyone wet themselves over Johnson and Butterfield. I didn't want Blackman or Camara. But you cannot argue they are strategic.

You cannot criticise McClaren for no plan B, then criticise the next manager and club for buying players for a Plan B!

You cannot criticise GSE for not splashing cash on players, but then criticise Mel for doing what you wanted GSE to do

You cannot say we have a successful system, cos we FAILED! You need to accept this.

Mel took over an 8th placed team. We are still above 8th, so how have we gone backwards? Picking a point in the season is a bit hard to judge, cos your first 10 games one season could be easier/harder than your first 10 the next.

Quit mentioning £25m, it wasn't YOUR money, you're not being asked to pay more.

9 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Personally just really disappointed Mostyn that a team that looked dire and has won 4 times at home, lacking confidence, had no clear pattern of play and shaky as anything at the back, just didn't get put under more pressure by the Rams.

Mel is an heck of a guy to invest what he has, Daz is a good guy, the academy is looking amazing, the feel good factor could quite easily come right back.

Just right now, my happy pill supply is out, as the team I love, just had no shape and created very little and I'm not sure D.W as a leader of that team, will be any better than Clement, despite his infectious enthusiasm and ability to get the players morale back up.

Other than that, carry on, I'll be up for that Huddersfield game, willing them on, believing another win will tilt things back in our favour to a play off push.

All a case of expectations, let mine rise too high with the money being spent, nobody deserves success, you have to earn it with performances, it's not a God given right. 

Wont stop me believing though.

I'm not suggesting people pretend today was something it's not, but we need to be realistic. It takes longer than four games to rid the squad of the poor morale, fitness etc, and even then, we could still lose at Wolves away. 

When we were playing well under McClaren, we still lost lunchtime away games on TV!

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

don't rewrite history, I was one of the VERY FEW on here who didn't think signing Shackell would improve us, I was in favour of keeping McClaren and seeing how he handled the Christie and Keogh situation, but no, everyone wanted to keep them and add to them. I didn't agree with signing players on deadline day, but everyone wet themselves over Johnson and Butterfield. I didn't want Blackman or Camara. But you cannot argue they are strategic.

You cannot criticise McClaren for no plan B, then criticise the next manager and club for buying players for a Plan B!

You cannot criticise GSE for not splashing cash on players, but then criticise Mel for doing what you wanted GSE to do

You cannot say we have a successful system, cos we FAILED! You need to accept this.

Mel took over an 8th placed team. We are still above 8th, so how have we gone backwards? Picking a point in the season is a bit hard to judge, cos your first 10 games one season could be easier/harder than your first 10 the next.

Was just about to say that about the 25million spent. People going on like its out of their personal bank account. Im not bothered if we spend 100million its not my money i still have to go work on a Monday morning & not lost anything. 

To be fair money and sucess usually go hand in hand. 

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'm not suggesting people pretend today was something it's not, but we need to be realistic. It takes longer than four games to rid the squad of the poor morale, fitness etc, and even then, we could still lose at Wolves away. 

When we were playing well under McClaren, we still lost lunchtime away games on TV!

Sure Wassall needs time, gut feel though when the next Manager is appointed, I'll be nodding in hindsight again it probably should have come sooner. But hey lets just see what happens and keep behind them, it could be far worse as plenty know.

As for kick off time, don't think the time of day or night matters at all does it? We lost end of, move on Huddersfield next.

28 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Am I rewriting history?! I think Shackell was a good signing when we made it though I've been disappointed with him. He was arguably one of the best defenders in the division and we knew we had a lack of quality in depth in that position. 

I don't agree with panic signings but Butterfield I also understand because he is very much in the mould of a Hughes type which we lost after 33 minutes of the season, what I'd call an architect, spots a pass, good quick feet, can carry the ball if needed. I didn't see the need for Johnson, nor Blackman but I can understand a Camara style signing. For me a pacy winger good at taking on and beating players is what we have missed since Ibe was recalled. Other signings I think do not really suit our system are Weimann (does not look like a footballer), Baird, Johnson, Bent and to some extent Ince. (though I can understand why the last two were bought but it was clear they didn't fit a system). 

I didn't criticise him for having no plan B. I never felt we needed a 'plan B' I just felt a couple of tweaks and maybe the ability to go more direct when pushing for a late winner or putting early balls over the fullbacks for fast wingers would have worked well. Never changing formation just tweaking the style if things weren't going for us. 

I CAN criticise them for not spending cash. I HAVEN'T criticised Mel for spending cash. I criticised him for WHAT he spent the cash on. 

The system worked very well with a fully fit squad Mostyn, that you can not argue surely? To go from nowhere to the playoff final and then to the top of the league before injuries to key players saw us fall dramatically shows that with all our players available it worked, no? 

Okay I can agree about some games being harder than others but it doesn't matter who comes next I cannot see where the next 'convincing' win comes from and that worries me. I haven't written this season off yet it feels like my team has by showing a reluctance to go out and get us our next head coach.

Do you think Leeds fans had the attitude of lets not worry about the money my club is haemorrhaging on below par players before they ended up nearly bankrupt? Just because it isn't our money it doesn't mean I can't be pissed off with how its been wasted on poor playing staff and a rookie manager! Do you not think in the next couple of years we as fans won't feel the effects of this extravagant spending? I'd say that would be a touch naive which I don't have you down for. 

What the club do want though is for me to part with my money for my season ticket renewal without even knowing who's gonna lead my team next season because I will not enjoy watching somebody who is out of their depth. He has twice made this mistake now in a single season.  

Please don't reply with something condescending like 'nobody is forcing you to renew' etc. Supporting Derby isn't a choice I made. Its not something I can just switch off. It is a part of me and who I am. I will be supporting Derby long after all of this crap has settled, long after Mel has retired/got bored I care about the long term health of my football club (it is my football club as it is your football club we are one of the most important stakeholders). 

I really thought this was a wind up thread to start with, then I had to check the OP wasn't B4.

So the reason we lost isn't because we were ****, but because it was on sky, at lunchtime and away.....you couldn't make this stuff up :-D

3 games in a week.

Should played out a draw today with a more solid performance.

Why do we chase the game when we arent losing it anyway?

We beat ourseleves second half by persisiting with a tactic why wasnt going to work in a scrappy game.

End result - created no more than earlier, but left ourselves more open at the back.

To win matched you need to defend as a team, derby didnt, and do not.

Shackell, and keogh are only going to get exposed in the correct system.

Its broken... change it wassall, change it Derby. Your derby way is suicidal at present!

7 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

The cohesion is not there. I think its time to change the system and play two up front. Too many players playing in positions their not comfortable in.

Dont think 4-4-2 is the answer either.

We dont have the central midfielders for it, we have only one winger.

The full backs arent defensive minded full backs.

its really important in my opinion to have a solid team without the ball who can defend and not leave the centre backs exposes. Especially away from home, and espeically in a scrappy game. I'd also say especially when you have had 3 games in a week. McClaren used to mention the 3 games in a week when we managed 6 or 7 points, because winning all 3 is usually a stretch too far with any team, let alone this one.  You cant play free flowing football in every game. But Derby never seem to learn from this. 

There is no such thing they say as a free lunch. I would add to that a free breakfast. You are I suggest at best a little biased. And at worst, have just prostituted any semblance of self respect you were born with. That, today was just embarrassing, a rudderless ship with a over bloated crew. The last thing needed is an apologist for mediocre players, or well meaning owners making mediocre ownership decisions. For shame.!!

12 minutes ago, Doodle said:

There is no such thing they say as a free lunch. I would add to that a free breakfast. You are I suggest at best a little biased. And at worst, have just prostituted any semblance of self respect you were born with. That, today was just embarrassing, a rudderless ship with a over bloated crew. The last thing needed is an apologist for mediocre players, or well meaning owners making mediocre ownership decisions. For shame.!!

what a crock of bullsausage. I've seen Derby County go to Wolves, and I've seen Wolves come to Derby many times and Derby end up defeated on the back of a poor performance. My point is that just cos it's Wassall and Mel combination in charge, it doesn't mean this defeat is any more indicative of them being rubbish than previous poor results against Wolves under different managers and owners!

People making this a bigger deal than it is. Teams lose.

16 minutes ago, Doodle said:

There is no such thing they say as a free lunch. I would add to that a free breakfast. You are I suggest at best a little biased. And at worst, have just prostituted any semblance of self respect you were born with.

Lol. I think lapdog is the word you're searching for?

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Hahahaha, uckin hilarious me owd. You're amazing.

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

what a crock of bullsausage. I've seen Derby County go to Wolves, and I've seen Wolves come to Derby many times and Derby end up defeated on the back of a poor performance. My point is that just cos it's Wassall and Mel combination in charge, it doesn't mean this defeat is any more indicative of them being rubbish than previous poor results against Wolves under different managers and owners!

People making this a bigger deal than it is. Teams lose.

Wow

Archived