Lunch time kick-off, On SkyTV, Wolves AWAY... what did you expect?

Mostyn6

40 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

They're not bashing the people who met mel ffs  that was last week - they're just bashing mostyn. Different. 

Mostyn's thread, I hastened to add.....zzzz

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, londonbridgeram said:

So much for entertainment, that was *****,. And I'm looking forward to DW putting any sort of positive spin on that. We are crap right now.

I told my mates I was looking forward to the after match comments. Was sadly not made to laugh out loud as I was midweek.  Dazza did give impression of bent in charge of kids on a trip to a youth hostel and the next trip out is going to be exciting and they will all stick together and be happy. Great stuff ..... 

7 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I don't agree with bashing the people who met Mel for breakfast, they're doing their best to report back an honest account of the meeting.

To be met with some of the snidey comments afterwards must make them regret going, or at least giving their honest feedback, and may prevent such events in the future, not many clubs give that kind of direct access to supporters.

Having said all that, Melfs did make me laugh.

It was a great service the attendees undertook. But I believed they went and listened and reported back. Simple as that. It was a great time to go and ask questions. Group were split along lines of enthusiasts, doubters and middle of road. 

Give it two more weeks and will be very very few enthusiasts left. It is one thing supporting Wassell at games ......totally another to suggest he is best person we can currently attract.  Youth football is nothing like first team level. Pressure and way of playing different.  All that has changed is we have bradley playing left wing !! (Never ever thought it possible) note....at Norwich was left of a midfield four.

and we somehow have our full backs playing as wingers....I was seriously in awe of the fitness of Cyrus and Olsen. Little wonder Olsen hot two crap crosses in second half. He was shattered. And probably wondering where the left wing sub was hiding (Weimann was utterly anonymous as it not even possible to spot near the ball) 

8 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I don't agree with bashing the people who met Mel for breakfast, they're doing their best to report back an honest account of the meeting.

To be met with some of the snidey comments afterwards must make them regret going, or at least giving their honest feedback, and may prevent such events in the future, not many clubs give that kind of direct access to supporters.

Having said all that, Melfs did make me laugh.

I'm not knocking anyone......just announcing who will be in the red corner and who will be in the blue corner.

I wish i cared as much as mostyn even if he is up so far we can only see his ankles.

the season seems to be fizzling out. Last year we had the newcastle issue and injuries. This year we can't blame anyone but ourselves. 

7 hours ago, Spanish said:

Really?  We weren't good but there was little difference between the sides.  Neither side deserved to win it, ince curler at a time when they couldn't get out of their half would have more than likely finished it, small margins.  One thing for certain the squad maybe good the team is mid table poor.  If be some miracle we go up we have no foundation to stay there with any style.

I remember brian clough talking about players who want to put in the top corner, and saying basically that its hard enough to hit the target as it is without trying to aim for a tiny fraction of it.

ince trying to curl the ball just inside the far post seems to be the modern equivalent.

just hit the target tom and stop trying to be so clever. 

I would add, cautiously playing devils advocate, that those fans hell bent on backing the regime and set up blindly are the ones causing the club the most problems. 

Lets be honest we ALL want the best for Derby even if we disagree on the 'how'.

I think we can say with some certainty that Wassall will not be our head coach next season and so I feel like the current regime need that pressure on them to get somebody in now. Give them the end of the season to get to know the team. Pay whatever it costs to get who ever we want seeing as we were happy to piss it up the wall for players and let's have a good go at the last quarter of this season. 

I haven't given up on the season yet so it shouldn't feel like my club has given up and that is where the frustration lies for me. 

An idiot in charge who thinks 2 lucky wins and 2 losses against 4 teams a team in 5th would be expected to beat is "brilliant"/"lots of positives". 

Players don't need an arm around them they need a kick up the bloody arse and those who don't like it can train with the kids! 

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

I remember brian clough talking about players who want to put in the top corner, and saying basically that its hard enough to hit the target as it is without trying to aim for a tiny fraction of it.

ince trying to curl the ball just inside the far post seems to be the modern equivalent.

just hit the target tom and stop trying to be so clever. 

I am sure if he had the time again he would choose differently, advantage we have is 20:20 hindsight.  Pick a spot, smash it at the goal or take an extra touch none of us know what the outcome would have been

well apart from picking a spot:D

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I am sure if he had the time again he would choose differently, advantage we have is 20:20 hindsight.  Pick a spot, smash it at the goal or take an extra touch none of us know what the outcome would have been

Charlie George used to knock them in - outside the box....:cool:

30 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Charlie George used to knock them in - outside the box....:cool:

Pretty well the only goals we seem to score now are from outside the box. Is that because we have no ability to penetrate the opposition's defence?

22 minutes ago, eddie said:

Pretty well the only goals we seem to score now are from outside the box. Is that because we have no ability to penetrate the opposition's defence?

Where we lack GT and Will - those two used to be able to provide the killer pass.....

the best thing Johnson did yesterday............was that reverse pass in the box

Archived